SAU Community

Security Alarm System Recommendation

a couple of Doberman's / Rottweiler's that havent been fed in a while....

In all seriousness though, i think the best security are them posts that you bolt to the floor in between the car and the garage door.

And possibly an elaborate kill switch of some sort thats truly hidden away.

Edited by DaymoR32
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mathew1988 said:

Hello all

Just wondering what people recommend / using for a security alarm system for a BNR34 GTR Nur please?

Kind regards,

Mathew

If your in Sydney I've used a guy, recommend from here, that could sort the car part out.

I cannot remember his name but if you want I can PM his number

That is for alarms and GPS and stuff.

The best security is to keep your location on the downlow and use the alarm gps stuff as the last layer of security.

The first layer is not letting people know where the car is

The second is area/access (home) security 

The third is cover (garage and car cover)

The fourth is hard obstacles (bollards)

The fifth is an car alarm and GPS

That keeps it nice and safe (ish) at home even when your not

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, Mathew1988 said:

Hello all

Just wondering what people recommend / using for a security alarm system for a BNR34 GTR Nur please?

Kind regards,

Mathew

if its locked up, autowatch did a decent unit - 457 RLI and the GPS unit to go with it. whoever does it needs to BURY both units. if the have the lower dash off only then it means the average joy rider will have it disabled in 30 sec. when I did these (search the forum for my name) it was a 2 day affair usually and I charged accordingly. dash completely out , unit buried and fully integrated into the harness and OE relays used for the disable points. even those were hidden well. I retired (not by choice) in early 2017 and do GPS telematics in the USA now for Verizon/Vodafone.

On 7/29/2020 at 1:31 AM, mlr said:

If your in Sydney I've used a guy, recommend from here, that could sort the car part out.

I cannot remember his name but if you want I can PM his number

That is for alarms and GPS and stuff.

The best security is to keep your location on the downlow and use the alarm gps stuff as the last layer of security.

The first layer is not letting people know where the car is

The second is area/access (home) security 

The third is cover (garage and car cover)

The fourth is hard obstacles (bollards)

The fifth is an car alarm and GPS

That keeps it nice and safe (ish) at home even when your not

^^ correct.

where I live (I am in Texas)  there are only a few people that know where my R31 and F31 are kept. Only two people that know how the start the R31. myself and the mechanic that I use to work on it. (I stay too busy now to maintain the thing.) both cars have full time remote monitored GPS by a monitoring company.

8 hours ago, Chris Rogers said:

^^ correct.

where I live (I am in Texas)  there are only a few people that know where my R31 and F31 are kept. Only two people that know how the start the R31. myself and the mechanic that I use to work on it. (I stay too busy now to maintain the thing.) both cars have full time remote monitored GPS by a monitoring company.

Want to install an autowatch 573 for me when the time comes?

• 3 weeks later...

I no longer do car security :) . may focus of work now is with Verizon Telematics in the USA where I now live.
573 is a dongle and hasn't been available in australia for a number of years. last one I sold was in 2014.

On 8/20/2020 at 12:29 PM, joshuaho96 said:

I'm in the US, I think you can still buy one in Canada.

that changes things. if you are TX - then yes I will do it. far better to do a 457 though. I can set that up so only a tow truck will move that car. actually you could do a 674 as well.