SAU Community

R34 gtr brembos on gtt rotors?

seriesII

4 hours ago, seriesII said:

does this mean mine are r34 brembos and gtr rotors?

No, because the original would be too small for either rotor. It is possible to bend the cover back away rather than cutting it (that's what I did to put 296 and them 310mm rotors on a 280mm car). The offset change on the disc itself with the Z33 rotor might mean that you don't need to do anything. I can't remember which way the disc moves, but if it moves outward then there's your magic.

• Thanks 1

I have Z33 front calipers and rotors on my GTT and I did not need to do cut the lip on the dust covers. There is just enough room to accommodate them. They may have touched on a few spots which was easily bent away with a flat screwdriver.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, seriesII said:

when I cared about sharing knowledge 🤣🤣 ..so gets like that 

Oh you know back then you could have easily bought 350Z Brembo front calipers with used OEM rotors for $500 or less.

A while after I wrote that stupid article the price of 350Z Brembo calipers shot up lol.

39 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Oh you know back then you could have easily bought 350Z Brembo front calipers with used OEM rotors for $500 or less.

A while after I wrote that stupid article the price of 350Z Brembo calipers shot up lol.

It's official now, it's all your fault. Lol🤣

• Haha 2

Yeah I read that article and then went and bought a set of front and rear Z33 calipers with used rotors for $700. I looked into trying to fit the rears but there were no adapters available so got some R33 GTR rears which bolted straight on.

• Like 1