SAU Community

"Skyliners Night" - Mercury Motorsport

chfowler

Hey All,

This is a follow on from the "Hoons" thread but i thought it deserved a new thread for further comment and discussion. I have been talking with Trent at Mercury Motorsport at Newmarket about a possible skyliners night being each Wednesday night. Be a welcome retreat from the wanker factor that seems to arise at venues such as Harry's et al.

the nights could involve BBQ's, tech and talk as well as dyno runs.

Comments?

Mercury Motorsport is located at :

2/278 Newmarket Road

Wilston, QLD 4051

Phone: (07) 3352 3363

Fax: (07) 3352 3303

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a dyno day for SAu on this Saturday being held at Mercury.

I know the boys at mercury have a meeting each thursday night with a bbq and the like included.

Could be a good meeting place for future meets. Except it's kinda northside out of the city.

Can I ask why not on a Thrusday night? I wouldnt think many people would be keen on a mid week meet up.... Even Thrusday is annoying, but it seems to be the "cruise" night at most place's.

I spoke to Trent about that and he was concerned as to the amount of cars that may turn up due to Thursday night already being an established meeting point. His suggestion was Wednesday night but depending on the amount of people that would be interested in this it could probably be held on thursday night.

Erin - Its only like 4km's out of the cbd! Have a little back bone! :) I'll even throw in the 50 cents for petrol lol

Erin - Its only like 4km's out of the cbd! Have a little back bone! :) I'll even throw in the 50 cents for petrol lol

Excuse me?

There are people on this site that are from the sunny coast and the gold coast and I personally don't think it's fair to make those people drive to the same spot everyweek when it takes them 1 hour and us 20 minutes. I personally wasn't whinging about fuel, I only like like 30 minutes away, I was more concerned for the people who have to drive further than the "4k's out of the city"...

We've tried this now for the past few months of a "weekly meeting" and it fizzled out because people got sick of going out every week with no destination organised. I have a feeling this will turn into the same thing. Great idea, but I wouldn't want the poor guys at Mercury will sit there one week on a wednesday night when no one turns up. I don't think they'd be too happy sitting there after hours waiting for us and no one turns up.

If it was to happen, we'd support it 100%. It's great what Cameron and Trent have done for everyone. Glad to see some people give up lots of their own personal time to help otheres out.

Well i wasnt trying to be ignorant - i think the smiley face indicates the level of seriousness that the comment was levied with - if gold coast skyline owners want to organise a meet down at broad water for the local gold coast skyline owners to attend well thats fine, if sunshine coast skyline owners want to organise a meet in mooloolaba that is fine. So if brisbane skyline owners want to organise a meet in Brisbane then i dont feel its a matter of making forum members from the gold coast or the sunshine coast drive to brisbane. If they want to attend - they can attend. I mean i hear of cruises all the time to BP at coomera or BWCP - too far for me so i choose not to attend - just be good if there was something in Brisbane and pretty central to everything.

Besides this thread is designed to see who is interested in doing this and if redline can get enough members to attend a weekly gathering then i am sure SAU after some planning, so as to not waste trents time :) , could do the same.

Thursday nights didnt fizzle out becuase we didnt have a destination and couldnt be bothered...

SAU thursday nights died because of other reasons...

I was going to stir some 5hi7 in this thread but I just don't care anymore. I'd be in for the occasional wednesday get together.

I would be in for this, but I would probably suggest meeting once a month or something similar if you want consistant attendance. I would certainly come once a month but every week might be a bit much, everyone has other stuff that has to be done, and with the once every month meet, people can organise for it.

We all know what the "other" reasons were, lets not kid ourselves there. hehe

yeah.. thursdays will be resurrected.. for that to happen somebody has to step forward and actually show some leadership with some plans ;)

if its every week people get a bit bored.. but if appropriate interesting ideas are put forward people generally get on it.

I would be in for this, but I would probably suggest meeting once a month or something similar if you want consistant attendance.  I would certainly come once a month but every week might be a bit much, everyone has other stuff that has to be done, and with the once every month meet, people can organise for it.

We all know what the "other" reasons were, lets not kid ourselves there.  hehe

yeah sounds good

Sounds like a good idea, i'd be interested in coming along as long as it doesn't conflict with work... just an idea, as a few people have already said... make it every 2nd week or so, as every week gets a bit boring after a while, and you'd find that less and less people start showing up, and if u leave it for 2 weeks, people are starting to get a bit bored and want to go out and catch up, lol