SAU Community

What would you classify an HR31 as?

0HR-30T

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

oh crap I should have read the title...anyway I can't be bothered going to the DR30 one at the moment. I asked the wife and my sister and they both said that the DR was a muscle car...I think the HR is softer myself...whether its a GT or not I don't know...never thought about it, only know they have an rb20 in 'em (don't they?).

I reckon they're a GT, but I can't vote now cause I voted muscle car cause I never read it and I'm a dumb arse! :P

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definately GT due to the weight. The gts-r looks aggressive and all but is heavy due to the HICAS 4 wheel steering system. I absolutely love HR30 rs-x's also. The power to weight ratio is amazing. Matt's car is the bomb!!!!!!!! you can make the 4dr versions of the r31 as aggressive as the hr31's. In a few months, mine will be a mechanical testiment hopefully

there are hr31 gts 4doors too:)

The HR is pretty weak to start with...takes a bit of work to make it as fun to drive as the dr but much prefer the rb over the fj personally, but would take a good dr30 over the hr31.

Answer, none of the above.

there are hr31 gts 4doors too:)

I was wondering how long it would take before someone piped up with that comment.

Gimme a Passage over a coupe any day.

Coupes just aren't pimp enough.

• 4 months later...

I would say GT from the poll, but in actuality, Sporting Sedan (yeah, IMO the coupe can be called a sedan anyway, 2 door sedan) would be my description.

The GTS-R is a homologation special.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive owned an ausie R31 and have a HR31 GTS-X....stock the HR are fairly weak but get some mods happening and they are an angry engine....Im going with Muscle Car....just cous for the curves on the car are so aggressive compared to later skyrines - thats my personal thoughts

After having driven my brothers mate's HR31 i do not rate them!! They are a B O A T!!!

I definatly feel that they are more of a GT style of car then a sports car, kinda like how the later skylines i feel are classed.......Long range cruisers more then sprts cars

Gimme a Passage over a coupe any day.

Coupes just aren't pimp enough.

hell yeah! im gonna do that to mine when i get it, whether a passage or a local- dark, low, sweet sweet rims. mmm. if i wanted a coupe id getta r33 or something. which i would still prefer a four door variant...

Yeah.. I admit I love both the HR31's .. but to be honest, if it came down to a choice between R32 or R33 and HR31, I'd take the R32 all the time.

I have a Passage and R32, and they both have silvertops...the Passage is over 200kg heavier than the 32, and there is a big difference in the handling - it is nowhere near as nimble or point and shoot. The R32 feels like a sports car when you sit in it, and drive it - whereas the HR31's have a pretty different feel.

The Passage is very cool in it's own right, but more of a cruiser for the streets, not the track or the mountains. Might have good potential for drift though.

• 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So, after talking to Tyson at Auto Tech Engineering about my "cunning plan", he suggested to "not piss money away on stuff that the car probably doesn't need" (the max IAT at the end of the 1/4 ever only seen around 30°C, which is in no way a issue, and as such, for what I use the car for I really don't need colder IAT anyway The whole point of the "upgrades" that I thought about doing was that my IAT started creeping up from 25°C to 30°C when cruising, then drop back down, then raise back up, rinsing and repeating, it has never done that before, so after talking to FI interchillers they assumed that it was the Bosch pump starting to fail, and if I was going to replace the pump....... I would do my usual thing of "while where in there" But, Tyson said he has seen similar things happen to IAT with failing or leaking AC compressors on other cars with interchillers, and as the AC compressor is 22 years old it is probably well on the way out anyway, and if a electric water pump fails it stays failed and doesn't just speed up and slow dow, but if a AC compressor starts to fail or is leaking, it will fluctuate and give a typical result to the IAT He said he could test the compressor and see how it is functioning and pressure test the whole system, but, as I do, I've just got them to order a new compressor to install to start with, and do a AC service and see if that fixes the issue That way, if it is the compressor, I wouldn't be spending lots of coin on something that wasn't the issue, and not actually needed, as the stage 2 kit, and pump, comes in at around $2k in parts alone, not including the plumbing and other parts that will be required or labour  And apparently the Bosch pump I have is really reliable and well up to task for the flow/pressure requirements that I need to keep my intercooler and massive amounts of boost heat (7 psi LOL) under control giving a nice and cold IAT A big shout out to Tyson for this, not many people will talk a idiot out of wasting money on car modifications, and the saved car budget funding can be wasted elsewhere on things that I may, or may not, need, like a nice new leather SS interior with red stitching......maybe I can convince the Minister for War and Finances into a nice trip down to Victoria for a week away to see the sights (I'll explain that I will need a hire car once we're down there so we don't have to worry about the Commodore being parked up on the streets at night, and it just so happens there's a joint that I can store it during that time) $1680 for all of the interior trims, + installation cost (I'll ask for a quote to install the trim if the new compressor fixes the issue)   https://leatherseats.com.au/products/leather-seats-trim-skins-kit-to-fit-vt-vx-vy-ser1-ss-green-black-diy-install  
    • Anyone here know the answer?....missing since the w/e...
    • Google tells me that's a Japanese Rat Snake... 2m long? Man I think Australia has traumatised me to think all snakes are dangerous unless they're pythons. Also... "16 years later..." is that a record on SAU @PranK?
    • Yep, I really miss mine. I dont, however, miss it's understeer. Hard to find a genuine 'Sport' model these days. That sounds awesome! Good fun and great result!  I'd love to do a 1/4 in mine now that its reasonably healthy with the tune. I last did a run in my white GTR, I think it was a 12.3 and I can't remember the mph and I think the little E90 might be quicker.
    • FWIW, I made 372kW on a Mainline dyno, with a stock motor (bar head studs & usual bolt ons) on E85 (pretty timid timing in the mid range) and it blew up after a year of track use. Probably got like 5~6 Wakefield track days and 1x skid pan somewhere in between.