SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

Yeah longer bolts sounds good.

Can you do it on ramps, with the weight down, or jack one side up..

Down want to pull the bolt out and not be able to get it back in.

Have that problem in the bedroom..

Any tricks here to stop it ?

Was advised against loktite as links are expected to wear quickly with the big arse bar.

6 sided socket, not 12. ;)

My end links are fine still. I doubt you will need to change them in 10 years if they were replaced.

I filed 2 flats on the shaft (just outside the dust boot) this allows you to hold the shaft stationary whilst tightening the nut. Using low strength loctite won't be an issue if you can hold the shaft

Are you using the OEM style flanged nuts?

The powdercoat may also be compressing beneath the nut if it has been applied thickly; maybe shave it down to allowe the nut to bite properly into the bar itself.

You could also try a nyloc nut.

With anything suspension related, I always do the final tensioning with everything at the running ride height, on ramps is ideal.

Ok getting sick of knocking in the front end.

Can feel it through the pedals.

Tried tightening up the sway bar, but literally comes loose again in a day.

It's the bolts that connect the sway bar to the links.

Used a perfect fit spanner and cranked until the point of snapping it.

Still a faint knocking.

Thinking of replacing the links with Whiteline ones.

But can only find them for WC34 (KLC108)

Yo "wagoneers', my shocks have gone on my ARX. To replace all 4 OEM shocks through Amayama is going to be around 1300 delivered.

What alternative do I have? I don't want to lose much height so I think the BC coilovers are out. Happy to lose max 20mill.

Any ideas on other alternatives?

Anyone know of anyone who's wanting to get rid of their stock suspension? (obviously it'd have to be in tip top nic)

Cheers in advance

Yo "wagoneers', my shocks have gone on my ARX. To replace all 4 OEM shocks through Amayama is going to be around 1300 delivered.

What alternative do I have? I don't want to lose much height so I think the BC coilovers are out. Happy to lose max 20mill.

Any ideas on other alternatives?

Anyone know of anyone who's wanting to get rid of their stock suspension? (obviously it'd have to be in tip top nic)

Cheers in advance

I thought ARX was higher ride height so different suspension to RS and RX. If so do they make ARX specific coilovers? Otherwise the coilovers will lower the car even at their highest setting. Anyway, I'm happy with the ride, fitment and quality of my MCA blues. I asked the same question about stock ride height and you can do so with the MCAs. Not sure about the rear height with the BCs which are not a coilover but a seperate spring and shock.Yes, I'll keep an eye on my shock mounts!

The sales rep spoke of those but strongly suggested going one step further to the XC spec making me think that Blue's were simply in there to cover market share.

1500 isn't so bad, I assume they'd still be better than stock ARX suspension. Anyone with the Blue's fitted?

I'll follow up with BC tomorrow and see what they can do; if not, i'll go with MCA I reckon.