SAU Community

best mags for R32 GTR

Informer

I can see its an old subject, Just thought I'd add my experience on different rim width sizes. I have 17x8.5 at the front with 235/45 and 17x10 wheels at the back with 255/40 (or 35). On my R32, which has no extra control over the ATESSA the speed in which the front wheels get power is amazing. It is so fast that the car can really be safetly thrown around, where as before the R32 ATESSA actually took an instant before getting the power to the front. And it wasn't too hard to get the back right around to the front. At 100km/hr there is power going to the front wheels, I've been running it like this for about 1 1/2 years and havent had any problems. In fact I'd recommend it as a performance upgrade.

As to rims, the TE37's definatley look good. Just a lot of $$$

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see its an old subject, Just thought I'd add my experience on different rim width sizes. I have 17x8.5 at the front with 235/45 and 17x10 wheels at the back with 255/40 (or 35). On my R32, which has no extra control over the ATESSA the speed in which the front wheels get power is amazing.  It is so fast that the car can really be safetly thrown around, where as before the R32 ATESSA actually took an instant before getting the power to the front. And it wasn't too hard to get the back right around to the front. At 100km/hr there is power going to the front wheels, I've been running it like this for about 1 1/2 years and havent had any problems. In fact I'd recommend it as a performance upgrade.

As to rims, the TE37's definatley look good. Just a lot of $$$

This is occurring because the ATTESSA is seeing the rear wheels turning quicker than the front (due to the smaller rolling diameter of the rear wheels). So at 100kph, this difference has increased (with speed) therefore the front wheels will have even more drive to them.

BTW, my favourite wheels are BBS LM's, LM GT4's, AME Modelart, TE37's RacingHart CR, and anything deep dished and star-shaped.

• 4 weeks later...

ive got the racing hart cpf tune r's 18 x 9.5 +17 but am constantly thinking about different wheels ,bbs lm, te 37 ,prodrive series,advan tc 11 trying to make a discision is the hard part

R34GTRwhiteblkS4.jpg

Bugger, that was my dream Skyline...i just loves the WEDS, will have to find another wheel if someone is already getting around with them on a White R34 GTR...oh hang on, dont have the car anyway:(

I love the Top Secret Volk GT-C's... company here could get a set for me, but god damn theyre pricey!!

Meanwhile, are these Enkeis common in Japan? I have them on my GTR, at times they look ok, other times they look stupid. Never seen them on another car or in mag/product listings though --> http://gtr.infinite.net.au/mygtr5.jpg

I saw your car at SAS one time and thought it was interesting how your wheels have different offsets front and rear so it looks like the rears are wider. Appart from that, I'd have to say I'm not a fan.

I saw your car at SAS one time

Ahh yes, that was a while ago... trying to repress those memories of my fuel pump crying no moreeee on the dyno :rofl:

Really want to pick up the GT-C's in the near future some time, and just slick the current enkeis and use for track (they weigh next to nothing).

justinfox: yeah, they look great, you just need the hubble telescope to see them from Australia :P  Hoping I can get them here (without being pinched by some arsehole in the next month).

Its apparently a special order colour that Ray's offers (another one is Mercury Silver, but those a *freakin* expensive to get, even by TE-37 standards).

LW.

Hey Lucien, have you got them yet? What size tyre are you running? 265/35/18?

Have you got a pic of the "Mercury Silver" finish? I am looking at a set of "special edition" GTR only coloured gun metal TE37s... are they the same thing or is the "Mercury Silver" an almost dark mirrored look?

cheers

edit: I think the left one is the Mercury Silver, the right one is gun metal ;)vok1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...