SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

Yeah this does that Bryce, I'll be going with a nice bilstein upgrade if it does turn out to be that.

I'm running Bilstein on all for now and thinking of changing to something else, I have been recommended Koni but I'm still thinking about it.

I'm still having tracking (wondering) problems, I've spent 3K on the front end plus some on the rear, had all experts play with it, i.e. Inline & Capital Steer & Susp ... Changed all four tyres (which did make a huge difference) .. now I've been advised to go with Koni shocks!!

I'm not an expert so I'm being guided buy those who say they are :closedeyes:

Shocks really aren't going to affect tram-lining

Thanks mate,

Yeah that's what I thought, however Capital Steering and Suspension say it will ... this is why I'm doing a lot of thinking!!

BTW on tramlining....

if you've been spending money on front end bushes, while it can be expensive it's not wasted money IMO. Bushes wear and these cars sure aint new any more. I'm assuming you've change the caster rod bushes and upper control arm ones. there might also be a bush in the steering column, I'm not sure in the 34. there are also steering rack bushes and inner and outer tie rod ends.

if you've done all those, one thing that surprised me in my 33 was how much worse wide and sticky tyres are for tramlining. what size and brand/model of tyres are on the front?

oh and shocks have no impact on suspension or tracking in a double wishbone setup like skylines. the wheel would travel through exactly the same angles even if the shock didn't exist. most cars run strut front suspension where it does make a difference

Re above ^^^ . note to all,

If anyone has any thoughts or something to contribute I'd be happy to hear it, all contributions will be appreciated :rolleyes:

Balljoints, Tierods / ends, Steering Rack / Bushes / Bolts, Control arm Bushes, Wheel Bearings, Alignment, tyre pressure / width...

All things I'm going thru to stop the Wagz bump steering / tram lining.

Balljoints, Tierods / ends, Steering Rack / Bushes / Bolts, Control arm Bushes, Wheel Bearings, Alignment, tyre pressure / width...

All things I'm going thru to stop the Wagz bump steering / tram lining.

All been done, most replaced :yes:

Then all checked by both Chris at Inline and (forget his name) .. the guy who owns Capital Steering and Suspension, no one can find anything wrong.

Edited by THE34T

Wheel track makes a big difference. As in how wide they are.

And its just the way it is, if you want wide wheels.

You could probably compensate/compromise to some degree with settings, but you need adjusty bits for that.

Mines bent and adjusted, it feels ok.