SAU Community

R.I.P.:an SAU'er & their R34?

LTSJayce

its a bit late for that i think.... isnt the front cover of todays paper plastered with a shot of the car from the SAU show'n'shine day???? they also have quotes from the mag in yesterdays paper so they have obtained magazine copies already....

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just watched the ten news and the government says it is looking at bringing in power restrictions for p platers, this is just the ammunition they needed
here here , couldn't agree more, its really sad 3 ppl died BUT 150kph in a 50kph zone WELL! need i say more, cmon guys most of us speed BUT in a 50kph zone with three ppl in the car??? maybe they should restrict p platers to drive mirages,corollas etc. this is:bs!:

its a bit late for that i think.... isnt the front cover of todays paper plastered with a shot of the car from the SAU show'n'shine day???? they also have quotes from the mag in yesterdays paper so they have obtained magazine copies already....

Ido09s, the paper in question didn't receive permission from us to use the interview or image in yesterday's paper. The image on the front of today's issue isn't one of ours so that's not relevant.

We were mainly referring more to the images posted previously by gtst89 a few pages back.

Regards,

Speed crew

I really thought the government wouldn't have to impose restrictions on p platers with powerful cars as i thought insurance companies charged so much or will outright refuse to insure you that it would be very hard to own one anyways, unless of course it is uninsured

suddenly we will have old people driving drunk cause their 19yo son on his "P" plates cant drive the family HSV home cause the street lights are on, there is to many passengers and the cars to powerful

also, the dick heads shouldnt drink if they know theyll be driving.

steve

Guys,

Could you please not post/forward images scanned from SPEED magazine.

The mainstream media could use these as part of an anti-import/anti-modified car crusade which does none of us any favours at all.

Regards,

The Speed crew

All images have been removed.

This isn't really the place to debate but ...

isn't the issue here education? it wasn't the high powered cars decision to go that fast, it was the kids. He thought it was ok to do that when it wasn't, and he paid the price. Now if he had known maybe this wouldnt' have happened. IMHO i think that power restrictions for P platers isn't a bad thing, driving comes with experience and no P plater will have the experience to handle even a normal car at high speed. However power restrictions are just a quick fix, kids will eventually get high powered cars and the only way is to make them learn the consequences so further education is the only option. You can't argue that we shouldnt' have high powered cars because if u look at the media, what do u see advertised? high powered holdens and fords ...

RIP to all those that passed away.

about 2 months ago i was also in a high-speed crash on the M4 in a 200kw atw R33 GTS-T driven by a green P-plater (he bought the car himself, not a present from mummy and daddy. guy spent all this year up to then working his arse off to save up to buy it). started fishtailing at about 160kmh, then went to the right, hit a guard rail, which sent us spinning out 10-12 times over a distance of 100m to where we were stopped by another guard rail on the other side. apparently our skidmarks were all over the road from where we hit the first rail to the one that stopped us.  

noone had even a scratch.  

ambos came to us going "we heard it was a high speed crash on the M4.. we had the body bags ready, and you lot dont even have a bruise amongst the lot of you".

needless to say we learnt a lesson that night.

stories like this only further reinforce how lucky we were.

we wont get another chance should any of us decide to be this stupid again.

whoever said that you shouldnt be scared of your skyline, but respectful of your skyline, human life, road rules and your driving ability is dead right.

so you're on a road and its nice and open and you think "if i floor it here ill be flying hell yeah".... think about what could happen after that.

you'll get a massive rush of pleasure and adrenlain for about 20 seconds.

to put into real perspective - there is 31353600 seconds in one year. are 20 of those worth anything at all? hell ****en no.

is a mere 20 seconds of pleasure worth it? maybe at the time yes. but what people want is the joy and the pleasure, without thinking of the consqeuences. because if something goes wrong what happens next? will you get an equivalent 20 seconds of pain for the 20 seconds of pleasure? of course not. you'll get 20 YEARS of torture. and thats IF you live to tell the story.

so next time you see an open wide space, nice and empty, the engines warm and someone is egging you on or you yourself feel like giving it a nice poke - think about the next 20 seconds, and whether that is really worth the rest of your life, and more importantly, wether its worth the LIVES of the passengers, if there are any.

leave it for the racetrack. thats the reason they were made in the first place.

drive safely. always.

RIP EVLR34, the driver, and the passengers.

such a waste of human life, for nothing.

:grouphug:

Mate, How did the green r33 start fishtailing ?

Didnt know that I was sharing our great city with a whinging bitch.

Got an issue - put it on rant.com, not here.

Having lived in Sydney, Adelaide and now here RBNT....I find it the same everywhere. I dare you to sit outside in rorkes drift pub on a sat night and just note down what type of cars scream down mitchell street. Take one good guess. Just because your livlihood depends on these idiots doesnt mean you cant think rationally.

This isn't really the place to debate but ...  

isn't the issue here education?  it wasn't the high powered cars decision to go that fast, it was the kids.  He thought it was ok to do that when it wasn't, and he paid the price.  Now if he had known maybe this wouldnt' have happened.  IMHO i think that power restrictions for P platers isn't a bad thing, driving comes with experience and no P plater will have the experience to handle even a normal car at high speed.  However power restrictions are just a quick fix, kids will eventually get high powered cars and the only way is to make them learn the consequences so further education is the only option.  You can't argue that we shouldnt' have high powered cars because if u look at the media, what do u see advertised?  high powered holdens and fords ...  

RIP to all those that passed away.

i dont think you get it. he was an educated driver and had good experience, the roads he were on were most likely the biggest problem. You guys didnt know him or his abilities, and alot of you dont know the road he was on.

And also, is anyone here at all conserned about the fact that a 15 year old girl was pregnant to a 33 year old? thats pedaphelia right there... no matter if it was consentual or not...

yea RIP to the three in the car.

It wasn't the owner of the car who was driving, it was his son and two friends.

I really do think more track days should be organised to keep the urge to floor it on the streets to a minimum (as suggested by someone else previously in this topic).

Have like track days in each city, drift, drag and circuit, and have cruises, say, sydney to wollongong, or nowra, or something.

jsut to let you all know in case you dont, Commperformance is running a memorial cruise on the same day 28th Nov up to terrigal then to newcastle leaving mt kuringgai shops at 9.30am.

a brother of a commperformance member and his girlfriend crashed at high speeds a month ago up near the RAAF base near newcastle into another car.

So if you see a lot of commodores up there, dont mistake them for troublemakers, theyre there for the same type of reason.

www.commperformance.com for details if interested.

i dont think you get it. he was an educated driver and had good experience, the roads he were on were most likely the biggest problem. You guys didnt know him or his abilities, and alot of you dont know the road he was on.

And also, is anyone here at all conserned about the fact that a 15 year old girl was pregnant to a 33 year old? thats pedaphelia right there... no matter if it was consentual or not...

i understand what youre trying to say, but doing 150kmh+ in a 50kmh zone isnt the smartest idea. regardless of what you tihnk about current road laws, driving in excess of 100kmh over the speed limit is more than a little stupid. Up near wyoming you only need drive 20-30kms and you have either a freeway blocked from opposing traffic by rockwalls, or other minor roads. doing that sort of speed along densely packed housing is asking for a big stack, and thats what he got.

it doesnt matter a fig if he was the best driver in the world, he ****ed up bigtime and paid the price for doing so. a big shame two other people were involved. the bottomline is, noone can defend his driving at the time of the accident. it was irresponsibly and obviously severely endangered his and others lives to the point of extinction.

my complete sympathys to his and his friends families. let this hopefully be a wakeup, both to other who consider this type of irresponsible driving, and those who tihnk near sighted measures like curfews will prevent this type of thing. vastly improved and in depth driver education is the only realistic longterm solution.

even then, you can never legislate 100% against stupidity, although Bob Carr et al. are trying very hard to. a fruitless quest.

RIP.

Let it be, simple words of wisdom, let it be.

This is a terrible tradgedy yes, but do we have to argue about whos fault it was or who was a pedaphile, WHO CARES.

Four souls left this world which will have a terrible effect on thier close freinds and family.

I say just let it be on all the finger pointing and stereo-typing, pick out the four closest people in the world and imagine if they dissapeared this second forever, how would you feel, think about it.