SAU Community

R.I.P.:an SAU'er & their R34?

LTSJayce

There's a fair bit of BS in this thread. In a corolla the temptation is less to speed and the speeds hit will be less.

After just getting a skyline (previously had a SX corolla), the temptation to speed is a lot greater now, requires a lot more restraint. If you take away the temptation then there is less of a chance that these sorts of things will happen. I know a lot of guys have skylines etc on P plates and I'm not saying that they should be banned from driving them but just take it easy, if you get an urge, go to the track. Don't live and die for the car, and risk others lives. There's a lot of other things out there besides cars to enjoy.

Driving is dangerous enough without taking these kinds of risks. , the only thing that could have been worse in this is if another car came the other way or a pedestrian was hit.

As good as high performance cars are I think it is better to learn on an old slowish car that you can work on yourself and play around with cheaply. Then a few years later move onto something a bit better, quicker etc. Then you appreciate import cars etc..

Everybodies stupid at some stage, in varying degrees - 3/4 people paid the price for it here. And you wonder why cops pick on skyline drivers...for these types of reasons :)

VFR600 " i dont think you get it. he was an educated driver and had good experience, the roads he were on were most likely the biggest problem. You guys didnt know him or his abilities, and alot of you dont know the road he was on."

It's a 50 zone!!! - the road doesn't have to be perfect, It's signposted 50 for a reason. Do all 50 zones have to be built so you can do 150+ in a skyline on them (i.e. virtually autobahns)? There's plenty of roads in Aus, they're never going to be perfect.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with you Ska

We should all step back for one moment and think that that could have been any one of us or someone we know.

This should not be a debating table, its about the loss of lives.  

Lets learn from this.

of course. but part of learning is examining the issues in detail, no matter how grotesque. asking everyone to "shutup and pay their respects" achieves nothing, properly understanding and interpreting the reasons behind what happened is much more productive.

alexcs-

Yes i know it was a stupid thing for him to do in the first place, but all i was saying is that no matter how old he was, how much experience he had, or how much training he had would he or any other person have been able to corect the car as he was flung striaght into the pole... no one can control a car midflight...

of course. but part of learning is examining the issues in detail, no matter how grotesque. asking everyone to "shutup and pay their respects" achieves nothing, properly understanding and interpreting the reasons behind what happened is much more productive.[/quote

i dont dissagree with you on that for one moment. Im not asking anyone to shut up, and i hope we all do learn from it one way or the other.

of course. but part of learning is examining the issues in detail, no matter how grotesque. asking everyone to "shutup and pay their respects" achieves nothing, properly understanding and interpreting the reasons behind what happened is much more productive.

So what does the fact that the girl was 15 years old and pregnant, or morely HOW she got pregnant and to WHO she was pregnant too HAVE ANY BEARING on why this happened?!!?!?

We all know why it happened, speed. Why, well I dont think we'll ever know why the car was going so fast. So there's the reason speed, so slow down and dont drive like an idiot, (which I totally admit that I do sometimes without thinking of the consequences).

Let it be man, there is probably a lot of hurting people who should not have their feelings dragged lower about us arguing about why the girl was pregnant.

QLD Whore top 10:

User Name Posts

chaos 5988

Ska 4873

BelGarion 3681

predator 2944

Genesis® 2674

Nexus9 2640

strutto 2620

Lazy-Bastard 2392

SmoothLine 2221

Charly 1711

So what does the fact that the girl was 15 years old and pregnant, or morely HOW she got pregnant and to WHO she was pregnant too HAVE ANY BEARING on why this happened?!!?!?

We all know why it happened, speed. Why, well I dont think we'll ever know why the car was going so fast. So there's the reason speed, so slow down and dont drive like an idiot, (which I totally admit that I do sometimes without thinking of the consequences).

Let it be man, there is probably a lot of hurting people who should not have their feelings dragged lower about us arguing about why the girl was pregnant.

ive already expressed my sympathies towards the families involved. i have nothing but pity for the two passengers.

im talking about the driver of the car, as is mine or anyone elses right to do. id like to reduce the number of these sorts of things happening my actually considering options, not tossing out a "oh well its happened, dont say anything else and it may not happen again"

sticking your head in the sand isnt going to achieve future improvements.

and further to this, when did i even mention her being pregnant, or why she was? try not to put words into my mouth.

:)

Very sad indeed. I woke up to have everyone calling my phone thinking it was me.....I knew straight away who it was there are only two blue skylines on the coast and I felt sick only to have it confirmed on the morning news.

Such a very tradgic accident to have such a waste of young lives and a beautiful car.

My absolute deepest condolences to everyone concerned.

R.I.P

EDIT:  Moron filter enabled.

its funny how you say whats true and your post gets deleted. im not the moron you freak and just because i said what was true and some other guy gets upset i get deleted. i dont really care just thinking is all.

anyways its only 1 guys fault and it was the lack of experience and that is all.

ive been in a couple of bad accidents for the same reason but lucky my car wasnt as fast.

Firstly condlences to all involved, especially the dad. secondly i think driver education and advanced driving courses should be compulsory for all drivers (young and old), and found it interesting to see the governments response to this accident which was driver curfews for 'p' platers. As was said earlier; maybe they should spend some of the revenue made from speeding fines on driver education...after all prevention is the best cure, although that would be the smart rsponse.

Sorry about the sarcasm i just feel the governments response to this issue is straight from the book, And i will be doing an advanced driving/defensive driving course when money permits.

regards dreamer

This is probably a bit OT, but power to weight restrictions will do very little. Just look at the burnout and street racing laws. They haven't stopped the large number of people raoming the industrial estates every week. And who's to say that p platers won't just simply not put their p plates on a car that is over the restriction? It's driver attitude that needs to be addressed and changed.
well put.
And who's to say that p platers won't just simply not put their p plates on a car that is over the restriction?
also the govt. needs remember ne cars capable of speeding, therefore it could happened in ****ing excel. hello use ur ****ing brains it's 4 a reason it's not just an accessory. while we're on on this a ban 4 p plates driving after 12 wont ****en work either. ppl will take of plates or drink more and then the next morning they'll b dui!!! as i said b4 the govt. needs 2 use their ****ing brains it's 4 a reason it's not just an accessory. also what about the p platers doing shirt work, eg. hospitality how r they meant to get home? ok maybe if the public transport ever ****en works propally, but thats unlikely

Blatant generalisation at is best - by the way what do YOU drive?

Who the fawk are you exactly to come on here, and trash a thread dedicated to paying respects to the victims of a tragic accident - and then pigeonhole every performance car owner as a hoon?

As for silvia driver, well perhaps you are venting on the wrong forum.

It makes me wonder why, when you seem to have such an issue with every single import/performance car owner, that you are part of this forum at all?

Im sorry for what happened to your sister, but you have absolutely no right to get on this forum and imply that every single import driver is an irresponsible hoon. Its unfortunate that out of all the motoring enthusiasts out there, a small minority seem to drive with no regard for the safety of themselves or others - but this is only the minority.

Labelling the rest of us as crazy speeding, blow off valve weilding, doof doof pumping hoons is not the answer in preventing these sorts of tragedys from happening.

amen. nicely put bro.