SAU Community

GTR Badges on GTST

OK I don't know if this have ever been bought up before but I have to know..

Why do I see people with GTR badges on GTST's. I see it way to many times, you see a nice skyline start having a look at it and then BAM! it is ruined cause it has this GTR badge on it, IT DOESN'T NEED IT!!! Anyone who knows Skylines knows it's not a GTR and anyone who doesn't know Skylines doesn't know what a GTR is. I know this is a bit of a bitch but can some one please clear this up for me, why do people do this???? Oh and if you are one of the people that does this I am not having a go at you (well not much) I just don't understand it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i see it often, its just a dream or something i guess

people can have high hopes cant they? :P

hehe i pulled up next to a lancer today, guages everywhere, massive tacho, guages on the a piller, big zorst im thinking either one of two things,

1) evo engine conversion, 46g3 or whatever the engine is called and im thinking sweet should be a good challenege as most likely he hasnt ported across the 4wd running gear

2) its a stocker lancer and he thinks he has boost

take off, its an auto non turbo bozz

boo :)

evo's are 4G63

yeah i saw a "fake GTR" the other day. Saw it from behind, GTR badge, didn't catch a good look at the wheel guards, turned the corner, saw the R33 GTR badge on the front. hmm,, nice non-existant front mount intercooler!!!

who knows why people do it, who really cares!

I just laugh at people when i pull up beside them, and pretend not to look at me... hiding in shame...

It's a shame, coz they probably badge the GTR badges from someone elses car...

hell yeah......seen a few the last few days....as long as i see a fake gtr, i am ashamed of that car and the person! why try to be something your not?

a skyline is already a respected car by many people, putting a GTR badge just loses that respect...well to people who know skylines anywayz

actually saw one when i went to my car in the car park..i was like..WHOA...a GTR parked in front of me...i had a lookie abit and guages everywhere.. and i was like...WTF ...?? its a GTST...hmmm...unless it had a conversion.???

i dont get people with GTST and has GTR badge on it..maybe it's true..you get extra RWKW from the GTR badge.

but what i would like to know is...... would that make your car a 4WD too ?

I hate it when skyline pundits take it upon themselves to point out that I have a V-Spec II sticker on my N/A... for f**k sake, it says V-Selection II and it WAS an actual limited edition R32 N/A... they usually get very embarrased when I correct their corrections and tell em to jump on the skyline forums, coz they might learn something new :P

your guys are prob going to laugh at this question, but i dont know a lot about cars. I love my line and i wouldnt think about putting gtr badges on i when its not or any other stickers like nos and stuff on it.

But my question is how do u tell the diff between the gtr and gtst without looking at the engine. I guess the gtr intercooler would give it away but cant people just replace the intercooler in their gtst?. So what are the obvious signs becasue i c a gtr i automatically think it is a gtr. And i normially say swee gtr to them if i cat close so if its not a gtr i am going to feel like a tool now.

If you think a GTR badge on a GTS-T is bad I was coming through the Tulla/calder merge the other day and saw a Nissan pulsar NA ( au delivered ) with gauges, huge cannon, GTIR rear spoiler on the roof ( no bonnet scoop ) and a friggin GTR badge!

The tool had also placed GTI-R badging on the rear but not with the right badging but just generic lettering like he bought the alphabet of metal badges from bunnings or something.

I was in a truck and made a huge effort to get next to him to make eye contact so I could just laugh at him. Not sure if it was his exit but he turned off at the next one soon as I laughed at him.

But my question is how do u tell the diff between the gtr and gtst without looking at the engine. I guess the gtr intercooler would give it away but cant people just replace the intercooler in their gtst?. So what are the obvious signs becasue i c a gtr i automatically think it is a gtr. And i normially say swee gtr to them if i cat close so if its not a gtr i am going to feel like a tool now.

The gtr front and rear guards are wider than the gtst. Get a gtr and gtst parked next to each other and you will see :P