SAU Community

r33 Fuel Pump Upgrade

Kaido_RR

Hey,

After having problems with my car running lean, i finally got around to getting the fuel pump checked and just as i through its dead (or dieing). So looks like time to upgrade.

I was adivce by the people i take it to, it get a jap fuel pump which is a direct fit to an r33 as the bosch fuel pump required some fitting time and will end up costing me just as much or more.

Now i got no idea about pumps, so if someone could help me it would be very helpful, my car is a stocker and im not going for huge hp in the future (if i did get around to it, i think the max i would aim for is 350/400rwhp but i dont see that happening anytime soon)

Ok so far i have this pumps in mind;

HKS Fuel Pump Ugrade 1407-RN022

(Fuel Pumps) ¥27,720

250 L/hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NISMO Fuel Pump 17042-RRS41

(Fuel Pumps) ¥27,720

4.1 L/min 180% more than standard. Includes harness and strainer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Enterprise Fuel Pump 255L/H

(Fuel Pumps) ¥29,938

255L/hour.

TOMEI Fuel Pump 183002

(Fuel Pumps) ¥28,760

248L/hour.

now im guessing that the L/Hour, will reflect the hp the pump can handle, so can anyone tell me wat they can handle (i would most likly be looking at getting the Tomie one)

any other info on the pumps (like do i need Fuel Regulator if i upgrade?) would be very helpful

Cheers Michael :P

Well if you want problem free and your planning big hugeness twin turbo mods (I take it you wanna do this from your other threads) then you can always get a GTR pump as a lift pump, bling surge tank, bling 044 external pump, and then bling braided lines.

Now that'd be BLING! :rant::P

I'm being a dickhead.

In all seriousness though, any one of the pumps mentioned above would be good enough :)

My only problem (not really a problem) is that im looking for a Pump which is A DIRECT SWAP, with the stock pump. I was told Bosch wasnt (so 044 etc are out of the question) im not sure about walbro, but im guessing they are the same.

As i memtion above to make the pump sit, and work 100% it means labour time and i was told that it is just easy to buy a jap pump

the gtr pumps are fine (unless you plan on more then 250rwkw), and are a direct swap for your old gtst fuel pump. Unless you want to go a nismo item (which is roughly $600 from memory) you'd be hard pressed to find one that is direct fit around here. They are cheap, but by no means a 'crap fuel pump'. Walbros are another good pump which is well priced, and in a few group buys i've seen of them, the guy threw in an installation kit consisting of all the other bits and pieces that you need to get it installed (with instructions in some cases). Didn't seem like much modification was required.

don't worry about this "direct swap business".. if you have half a brain, you can ring any of them when you get the bracket out and start thinking. I wouldn't be paying top dollar for a tomei, nismo or something pump like that which is probably just a rebadged something else at a 1/2 the price.

I've rigged up a bosch and a walbro into a couple of different skylines.. both wouldn't have been described "straight" fit as they didn't fit the bracket exactly, etc.. but nothing you can't fix with a bit of ingenuity.

Went I get my ass motivated, I'm going to put up a guide on how to install a pump into an R32 on a website I am doing on my buildup.. with photos, etc. Its a 30min job.

Why buy a GTR pump to replace a "used" GTS-t pump when a GTR pump is almost as old and "used" ?

My brand new Bosch 040 intank pump cost me $350 fitted over 12mths ago.

I got walbro 255l/h pump for $180 delivered as part of a group buy here

Just because its cheap doesnt mean it isnt good :rofl:  

Will support 250rwkw pretty easily

They wont handle more than 270rwkw though.

I was advised to buy one... and needless to say im peeved at the piece of junk as its maxed out @ 270rwkw.

Im going the Bosch now. Should have done it the first time and saved myself the hassle