SAU Community

stuff idiots say about skylines

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly ;)

Your 2wd S2 33 is a bit different than a 32 GTR for 16k. But regardless it will need a lot more servicing allover the place compared to a brand new maloo.

I was not talking about performance on a track or drag strip with my displacement statement. I said for street cars. Say you got a 2.6L Turbo 6 with 300kw. Its in no way a replacement for an N/A 6L V8 with 300kw. V8 has better power curve,more torque,revs less and will be more reliable over all.

And yes you do need to Service them properly or you will end up on the side of the road ;)(Unless its a 20 lol). Turbocharged engines take more stress and can have more things go wrong.

Well you must have got a bloody good deal for 16k for a 94 model. Congrats.

Most GTRs for 16k need a lot of lovin down the track.

2.6L race engine VS 6/6.2L V8 is just less driveable on the street. Lag is present and torque is missing. Just the facts.

thankyou haha. touchwood everything stays alright, at the end of the day its a older car so ill just have to keep ontop of it....

reason he sold the car so cheap was because his mrs wanted a 4 door car so he went out the next day and bought a evo 8 and simply was in a rush to sell the gtr.

:) i had the car on the hoist to make sure it had no rust or weld jobs because i got rooted around on few inspections i made in the process of finding a good 32.

Edited by sultanaz

This thread is a classic :thumbsup:.

Once when i was driving my torana i was at a servo and was abused by some 40 year old saying my car was shit and a girls car

and all this, he was driving a yellow hyundai getz, something pretty tough to compare with obviously. He then received abuse from me

and at least 2 other drivers at the servo at the same time.

Another thing i enjoy is when p-platers in old 5-litre commodores proceed to tailgate me when im driving my gtr and i

shower them in black smoke after fueling up in traffic :) brings a smile to my face.

Probably the most common question i get asked is, whats its top speed?

Another thing i enjoy is when p-platers in old 5-litre commodores proceed to tailgate me when im driving my gtr and i

shower them in black smoke after fueling up in traffic :) brings a smile to my face.

HAHA BEST :D

That's a spurious argument. Why would I want to compare a 300 kw 2.6L with a 300 kw 6L? I may as well reply with "let's compare a 2.6L with 500 lbs of torque to a 6.0L with 500 lbs of torque", oh yeah and my 2.6L revs to 10 k and your V8 6k. :) See yah!

how does the rev limit affect speed? and will it rev to 10,000 rpm on the stock ecu? i think not. so no point comparing a car running a higher than stock rev limit to one running the stock. there are plenty of 6.xL holdens out there with the rev limit set to up around 7500rpm.

as for servicing intervals, the standard service intervals are 15,000kms, but they recommend it done at 7,500kms.

but yeah, i'd take the maloo, although i'd take a supercharged falcon over it, but honestly prefer a turbo falcon over all of them.

What an odd paradox; "Stuff that idiots say about Skylines"is now being said BY idiots driving Skylines...rolleyes.gif

I love this thread; how on earth is it not in the Wasteland?

Edited by Daleo

This thread must attract idiots lol

A rotary engine is now also a 4 stroke or perhaps a 2 stroke maybe even a 6 stroke

There is alot of misconception around the rotary engine. Its classed as a 1.3L engine in Japan but apparently that was done because Mazda "could" and they did so to keep insurance and other costs down when other people state that technically when the engine performs all its cycles which it does in 1080 degree motion, 3 full crank revolutions, its a 2.6L which some "could say" works as a 6 stroke motor. I did not come up with this, its on the internet, along side alot of other true and misleading information.

how does the rev limit affect speed? .

Quite a lot Marc. Same torque at 7k compared to same torque at 10 k is a lot less power.

I'm just pointing out the silliness of comparing same hp small and large displacement cars and saying that comparison is some sort of 'natural benchmarking'.

There is alot of misconception around the rotary engine. Its classed as a 1.3L engine in Japan but apparently that was done because Mazda "could" and they did so to keep insurance and other costs down when other people state that technically when the engine performs all its cycles which it does in 1080 degree motion, 3 full crank revolutions, its a 2.6L which some "could say" works as a 6 stroke motor. I did not come up with this, its on the internet, along side alot of other true and misleading information.

You seem to ad a lot to the miss leading side of it

Its a f**king Wankel

not a reciprocating 4-cycle engine

might as well say a Gas turbine is a 360 stroke motor

P platers? Driving V8s? you must be in SA, WA or NT ??

My turn to wade into the discussion!The low reving V8 will probably outlast the RB as the RB has to work harder to make the same power, but the RB will be using less fuel in day to day driving, i like V8s but give me a RB everytime!

This thread is a classic :thumbsup:.

Once when i was driving my torana i was at a servo and was abused by some 40 year old saying my car was shit and a girls car

and all this, he was driving a yellow hyundai getz, something pretty tough to compare with obviously. He then received abuse from me

and at least 2 other drivers at the servo at the same time.

Probably the most common question i get asked is, whats its top speed?

Did I happen to see you at hume highway last week? Peak hour traffic? and a white 33 let you out of the petrol station? :P

haha... im gald this thread brings the lols again:). A stock RB will outlast everything! Haha.

Any who. Back on topic.

I keep getting bogans saying that Im driving a female car (R33 GTR) and suggest I should get a commodore... hmmmmm, I think not haha.

Also the first guy who seemed to start this trend, was a passenger in a lancer with a chick driving who was on her red P's. I must say I lolled because 5 bucks says that this guy didnt even have his license. :P

Now you can resume the life long debate about "Import vs Muscle"