SAU Community

stuff idiots say about skylines

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew the vk/vl share the same side profile, thats pretty damn obvious. My point is, the skylines have no more progression in looks between the models than the crappy commodores do. Also that is obviously just your opinion that its a shitty nose job and duckbill, most people i know much prefer the looks of vl over vk. Your argument would be better suited to the vb,vc,vh models in which the differences are next to nil. Having said that, look at the difference in the mighty skyline, its huge!

Maybe if people understood the difference between a facelift and a new model things would make more sense. The VB/VC/VH/VK/VL's are all basically the same car. The VK was the major mid life face lift and took the side profile from the up spec version of the Opel it was based on. If the VN (acompletely new model) looked like a VB they may have a point.

The R30/R31/R32 etc were all new models. The Nissan model cycle was sufficiently short so as to not need anything much in the way of facelifts. From memory the R30 stopped in the mid 80's, the R31's in 1990 (earlier overseas), the 32's in 1993 etc etc. So they only lasted about four or five years. The local products model cycle is more like 8 - 10 years. The VB through Vl was from 79 through to 1988. The VN/VS was 88/89 to about 97/98.

Numbers are all from memory so may be a bit dodgy. But the point remains a facelift is not the same as a new model. Nissan model cycles are shorter so it is therefore logical that the new model Nissans look more like each other than the new model Commodores.

Edited by djr81

Came past a guy in a Commodore Clubsport, trying to get through some terrible morning drivers. Came past changing gears (in speed limit) letting off BOV (must really hurt some commodore drivers)

The guy sped up behind me chopped around 2 other cars and came all the way back to the middle lane at the next set of lights.

him: "cant you f**king read moite says 297" (i know what the 297 is im not thick)

me: yeah cool, 290 . . . at the wheels mate.

he revved his clubby which sounded like turd and threw if off the lights.

two quick shifts and i had him pretty easy, backed off and straight into 4th at speed limit then took the furthest left lane as it bottle necks, he came roaring past, i then drove past him wedged behind a right turning vehicle 500m up the road. timed a nice shift right next to him and last i saw of him.

not a skyline but JDM related:

Mate in evo 6.5 had a guy in a clubsport pull up next to him

(guy quoted fast and furious or something like that)

"only milk and juice comes in 2L u dick"

mate: " well then your 6L must go 3 times harder than my juice box"

mate chomped him at the lights and then had a bit of fun with him through some windy roads. lol.

Just so funny some of the stupid shit ppl say to us guys in skylines and JDM cars or imports in general. Having said that though have had a lot of real nice chat's with guys at lights and shops, parking lots regarding my car, mates cars. guys that are just wanting to know more. I think this is what portrays us best.

LOL jobbed myself reading the very early posts hahaha.

^

Haha some nice reads there. Commodore drivers are the most over prided drivers I have EVER come across. They seriously think they own the fastest cars on the street or something. I had one guy in a VZ SS ute pull up near a set of lights. He was australian by the sounds of it with his asian girlfriend. She looked at my car and so did he. He just laughed. He gave it a bootfull off the lights and as usual got off quicker than I did. I never launch. I just planted my foot after I was in gear and away I went. I have never seen a passenger laugh so hard in my life. His girlfriend pissed her self laughing at him when I tore past him.

I was driving to get some breakfast with my lady the other day when an R8 ute comes up in my ass. I didn't think anything of it as it was morning traffic on woodville road. Anyway he managed to get into the right lane, come near me then blip his throttle. His V8 with awesome extractors and free flowing exhaust sounded like shit and my lady was like what the f**k did his car just do. I was like "he wants to race us, look at his face" He was angry. I don't know why, but he was. Anyway we had some nice straight which was relatively clear. he planted his foot, I dropped back from third to 2nd and pulled away. I didn't even bother shifting into 3rd, pop pop pop I hit my limiter, then into 4th and cruised along. He came ROARING PAST probably thinking how the f**k did that sushi roll beat my muscle.

My lady loved it. She generally gets scared if I give it a squirt and generally I am a very calm and collect driver, but when Ive got some cocky prick next to me who just won't f**k off, I have to put him in his place.

I like other JDM drivers. They have so much more respect. Sometimes we give it a little squirt then rock up at a set of lights and just ask each other what we got and have a chat til the lights green. Then we just drive off, normal pace. Any other holden, or ford, will dish out vomit and flat foot as fast as they can.

Only reason holden put a v8 in that car is because anything smaller will struggle to move the obese shell its dragging. Look at their V6 range. I don't care how heavy a skyline may be but its got a 2.5l under the bonnet and even a non turbo skyline would be a much better performer in every aspect than a 3.6/3.8l commonwhore.

^ exactly as u said I'm amazed that it's most commonly the Holden/ ford drivers that seem to drive the most aggressively I rarely ever see other imports driving like nuts and to this day have only had one other import race me, I mostly get p platers wanting to have a go in various pieces of crap

I mostly get p platers wanting to have a go in various pieces of crap

Lol Trust!

Have to agree with above posts. JDM culture seems to be more civilised.

Was in my mates S13, guy in an evo 9 came past, had a bit of a squirt with him, (evo 9 - roof racks and all lol actually looked good) nice lil chat at the lights then followed him for a bit before turning off. very polite and civilised with a bit of play.

my experience with the commies and as such is just dick behaviour (not all as i had a new SS for a bit before picking up my gtr and wasnt one of these guys all the posts are about)

Had another one a few weeks back filling up the car. guy in an XR6 ute, with a really shit ppppppfffff TISH TISH TISH TISH bov revving through the petrol station slipping clutch to shit then burning out onto main road and glaring me down. Caught up a little while later and simmilar story, the need to chop, need to race you aspect. road opened up and so did the GTR pwned.gif

Had a really nice chat with a couple of guys in a toyota supra that i was trailing at 2am on the freeway up the coast with my old man. (doing removals of a house)

turned out to be a high up member of supra australia magnificent car over 1000hp, chalked all gears haha. dad and i sat with him at higher speeds (no one on road at all, not condoning speeding also) in the SS (600hp) mainly as i wanted to get a good look at the car till the guys let rip 4th or what have u and shoot off into the night plus 200kmph where we were not going to follow haha.

bumped into the same guys at the next maccas along the way and had a real nice chat about the car and other import stuff.

Just a very different culture. (wish the same could be said for the abundance of WRX's Civics and lexus's with 20's that keep seeming to multiple in my area - lower north shore)

If ls1 engined commodores have chev badges, shouldn't rb30 vl's have nissan badges?

My hardcore commo loving friends did not like that question lol.

I'm gonna build a vl drift car with nissan splattered all over it, just to piss everyone offwhistling.gif

was outside a nightclub in surfers paradise sitting next to this idiot i sometimes play pool with.

me:oh look same GTR doing laps like last night.

idiot:what?

me:skyline R33

idiot:they didnt make any 33 GTRs, they only made GTSTs.

me:errr i got about 19,000 units that beg to differ??

idiot:oh maybe it was R32

me:now ive got about 43,000 units that beg to differ.

idiot:hmmmmm i didnt know that, yeah ive got a GTR.

me:oh reallllllllly? which one?

idiot:34 GTR :D

me:alright wheres your photos at?

idiot:oh i dont have any on my phone, only on my facebook.(and apparently he suspended his FB account because mates were harrassing him to date some chick lol)

me:how much was it?

idiot:well i got it off a mate that was moving overseas, he sold it to me for 18,600 but i know they normally go for like 30-40-50k

me:oh yeah...

idiot:yeah he didnt do much to it, just some intake and computer tune and stuff, its running 21psi and i wanna start running 26

me:gonna need a rebuild then

idiot:nah all i gotta do is take the headers off and take the pistons out and copper plate them cause i hear copper plate and oil goes really well together

me:nah, you will need a full rebuild with forged internals if you're going to chase that.

idiot:ah well yeah i guess im happy with it as it is, i dont wanna spend too much.

me:what does it look like?

idiot:alright so its blue on the bottom,silver on the top with cream interior,4 subs in the boot and its on 22s

me:ohhhh reallllllllly....

idiot:i wanna get a manual some time, cause its auto with tiptronic

me:yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna bet you any money its not a GTR

idiot:nah it is.

me:your engine bay will have a plate saying ER34 and not BNR34

idiot:alright ill check it but i know its a GTR with an auto conversion.

me:you do that.

and thats my story. people are retarded. LOL

At least its not as bad as the clown I met once, at an ex's friends party...

Clown:Yo my Rx7 will smash your piece of shit 4 banger nissan

Me:Oh yeah, btw its not a 4 cyl its a 6. Sooo what do you have done to your rotor?

Clown:Heaps of shit man, I cant even remember all off it, but its got a laptop in there to monitor the ECU n shit

Me: oh yeah, Well if you cant remember what its got done how much boost does it run?

Clown: 20psi but I want to run 30, I will when I get forged pistons.

Me: You what?

Clown: Forgies bro

Me:You cant run forged pistons in a rotor, rotors dont have pistons...

Turns out his rx7 was NA. The twat licked my arse for the rest of the night, offering me drinks etc etc. Found out later that everyone in their little circle looked up to him as the 'car guy'.

f**king lol.

^^^^^ f**kingggggggg LOL indeed!

people can be such assclowns!

i had some mong try and tell me he owned 13 skylines back in NZ and his current one is a 34 GTR.

showed me a photo and im like "thats a GT-T with a GTR front end"

and hes like "yeah but most people dont know that :P".

At least its not as bad as the clown I met once, at an ex's friends party...

Clown:Yo my Rx7 will smash your piece of shit 4 banger nissan

Me:Oh yeah, btw its not a 4 cyl its a 6. Sooo what do you have done to your rotor?

Clown:Heaps of shit man, I cant even remember all off it, but its got a laptop in there to monitor the ECU n shit

Me: oh yeah, Well if you cant remember what its got done how much boost does it run?

Clown: 20psi but I want to run 30, I will when I get forged pistons.

Me: You what?

Clown: Forgies bro

Me:You cant run forged pistons in a rotor, rotors dont have pistons...

Turns out his rx7 was NA. The twat licked my arse for the rest of the night, offering me drinks etc etc. Found out later that everyone in their little circle looked up to him as the 'car guy'.

f**king lol.

LOL!!!! "gonna get forgies for my rotory bro" hahahahahaha what a dumb c*nt

Im not sure which is more pathetic, the fact he was getting forged pistons in his rotary, or that he actually owned any form of rotary and said that. I can only imagine what sort of pleasure that guy would provide to a rip off performance workshop. " Well mate, your going to need to upgrade your injectors before i can install the bigger carby" $$$

friend- ahh bro what are those rims? they look gay as and they stick out a bit!

me- origin copies. its called fitment man. haha

friend- ah yeah those are fkn gay. sorry bro but as if you dont get 20z

me- errr adz. its not a commo. 18s look great on it

friend- narrr 20s would set it off man those spokes look rank

me- yeah oks lol

oh and another

was driving to my mates when i saw him at the milk bar with another guy

i pull up

me- sup guys

tim- hey bro. ah you got the car detailed! nice!

dude- oufffff as if you get a 4 door man theyre gay az

me- uh yeah hello to you too

tim- *wtf look on his face*

dude- oh yer bro and whats with the gay flake. and az if you dont get a manual you shit kunt

me- its factory pearl. and its a factory GTV. manual ones are rare as fk. and quite frankly. i choose the lsd and big brakes and auto for a daily over a manual single spinner.

dude- oh.aw yeh my car has a blue pearl in it

me- what do you drive?

dude- a honda prelude

me- aw yeah those are cute.

tim- a 1988 auto poo brown prelude

dude- shut up man!

me- lol cya boys

Edited by Mohsen

I got this one once parked in a shopping complex

guy: nice car man

me: thanks man

guy: is that a gtr?

me: yeah man

guy: cant be a gtr, it dosent have drilled rotors

Another convo talking about drifting

guy: only turbo cars can drift cos when boost comes on, the wheels spin 'does countersteer action and says "tsoot tsoot"

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to some of the other stories this isnt that funny.

I had a friend at work who was apparently a skyline expert trying to convince me that my car was a v6, even after I told him that only the v series skylines had v engines. He argued that all skylines were v6's since you cant run two turbos on an inline engine: I completely gave up. He also a few times kept saying my car was awd