SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

Beer Baron

Heres some pics a 2 days after I picked it up from compliance shop (I fitted cooler the next day)

Had it a couple weeks now any still get excited come drive time :thumbsup:

1000512ny4.th.jpg

1000516jw9.th.jpg

p1030462jz8.th.jpg

Heres some pics a 2 days after I picked it up from compliance shop (I fitted cooler the next day)

Had it a couple weeks now any still get excited come drive time :thumbsup:

1000512ny4.th.jpg

1000516jw9.th.jpg

p1030462jz8.th.jpg

ahh u sob! i want one of these so badly, whats it like to drive? handling,brakes etc..

You can just shoot a pm to Chris Rogers directly. If you are doing your compliance in QLD then he's the man who can do the conversion stuff for you. The main thread is here, although its' quite a long read:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/35...av-t157379.html

I can't really give you the exact price as it is really a POA, depends what you need. Do you have factory Bose Audio with factory TV that you want to keep? If not then just chuck the japanese unit out and put in a local aftermarket unit. There's just so many things that you want to be done. From just a simple FM band expander to convert the japanese radio to be able to receive our FM frequency range, to a navigation solution and a tv tuner, a reverse camera, ipod solutions etc. I only did FM expander, navi and tv, that's all.

If yours is a premium with factory TV that you want to keep, it could cost over $3-$4k if you really want everything done complete!

Geoff's good he'll take you step by step, but make sure you read his emails carefully and take actions on the things that you need to action, e.g. contacting the compliance workshop in advance and the customs brokers, as well as making payments timely. If you didn't do it then the whole import process would be delayed and/or failed.

Yep, have the Bose factory audio and TV. Thanks for the info and the link, very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Here's mine, just arrived in Freo. R34 GTR, Grade 5A. Pictures are taken after auction in Japan. Been looking for years and never seen a 5A before, stoked! New to the Skyline scene but looking forward to seeing what this beast can do!

post-49199-1206184011_thumb.jpg

post-49199-1206184053_thumb.jpg

post-49199-1206184092_thumb.jpg

post-49199-1206184129_thumb.jpg

now that's a nice one... good on you..

now just pray that it doesn't pick up more scratches/dents during shipping and transport... it can be a rough journey, you know...

who is your importer / supplier by the way, how come you all got pics from japan while I was told mine was sent straight to secure storage and therefore no pics were able to be taken?

who is your importer / supplier by the way, how come you all got pics from japan while I was told mine was sent straight to secure storage and therefore no pics were able to be taken?

Agree re the bumps and scrapes potential. One of the risks of importing. I researched most things before taking the plunge and deduced that paying the extra for freight insurance was not worth it. Your word against theirs, and you are too small to win. I imported it through Autoworx in Perth. I am yet to see it in the flesh, but have enough information to know that it is not far off the mark. Have shots of the underside that pretty much blow your mind, given the age of the vehicle. Got pics before and after the auction. Their Agent arranged for FOB hence access post auction appears to have not presented any problem.

Here's a little thread for us guys that have just been through imorting a skyline from Japan. A chance for us to post up some of the first pics from when it's still fresh from Japan. before all the madness of fixing/modifying begins :)

Ok, I'll start (NOTE: please don't judge too harshly, car has not been washed yet :Oops: )

GTR front:

3621DSC00167small_np.JPG

passenger side quarter view:

3621DSC00166_np_small.JPG

engine bay:

3621DSC00210-med.JPG

now some pics of the GTR whith it's friend. My UZZ32 Soarer

3621DSC00193small_np.JPG

their rear ends:

3621DSC00198_small_np.JPG

looking forward to seeing some more pics from the importing forum regulars :(

hi,

I haven't been able to bring up the pics included in this post; can you tell me how to/where I'm going wrong?.

Phil, did u buy yours through a web site?

If Yes, which one?

Thanks

Bakes, imported it through Autoworx (was about the sixth one going to auction that I looked at). Will send PM if you want further details, just let me know.

Phil, did Autoworx find your car for you or did you find it?

If you found it, what is the web site you found it on? (ie:jap auction site name)

Thanks

Edited by Bakes

• 1 month later...
Hey ya'll.

Attached are the photos of my R33 whilst still in the Auction yards in Japan.

Pickin it up within the next couple of weeks.

Very nice love the front bar and Wheels. :D