SAU Community

Fresh from Japan pics

Beer Baron

hey mate, yes i've dealt with mark before and never had any problems. he's been a friend of mine for a couple of years now so of course I wouldn't say any different but having been with him to auctions in japan i know he is good at what he does. no doubt about it.

as for that sunday morning question it's a tough one. yesterday I drove to work and took the lexus. after work I went home and was heading out to dinner with some friends. I thought about the 32, but decided on the 33 instead. it looks a bit less boy racer, and is quieter, and has softer suspension so is much easier to drive around town. but if I was heading up through the hills instead of to crows nest for dinner then I would be in the 32 no doubt. but they are very different cars. my 32 is extensively modified, the 33 is fairly standard.

thanks for the reply baron, i also see your sellng the car ...guess i now know its the R32 over the R33's all the way hahaha for all you R32 Vs R33 ppl regarding shape....

T

I know it's not a Skyline, but after selling my R32 (3rd one I have owned haha) I decided to try a GD WRX which was definitely not the car for me, So I recently sold that and bought this....

1999 Mitsubishi Evolution VI (6) RS-2

She's basically a stock Grade 4 except for a HKS turbo timer, HKS Titanium exhaust and HKS Hipermax-Pro coilovers.

She arrives early next month!

e794bbe5838f1302tv4.jpg

An RS? Nice,

Does that mean it has no BREMBO, AYC and such but a stronger diff and TME turbine?

Good pick.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it may make some of you Nissan boys cringe, but here is my newly purchased car.

1999 Toyota Supra TT 6spd VVT-i

It has about 98,000kms on the clock.

Mods include a full body kit, 18" wheels, coilovers, a sports exhaust and 3 x DEFI gauges.

Looking forward to winding some boost in to the ol' 2JZGTE.

P.S Thanks to J-Spec for hunting down the car for me!

post-979-1193557820_thumb.jpg

post-979-1193557842_thumb.jpg

post-979-1193557850_thumb.jpg

post-979-1193557857_thumb.jpg

post-979-1193557866_thumb.jpg

post-979-1193557875_thumb.jpg

post-979-1193557881_thumb.jpg

post-979-1193557886_thumb.jpg

Edited by _8OO5TED_

• 1 month later...

Mine won't be arriving till around late Jan, missed the booking date for the vessel leaving today, so gonna have to wait for the next vessel. Was told security at the port is very tight these days so taking photos before it's loaded on the boat may not be possible... Plus new year period everyone's on holiday so probably no one's there to take photos till it arrives for compliance in...

Problem now is, I will have to be away from late Jan till late Feb, so hopefully nothing happened while it's being taken to the RAWS from the dock while I am overseas... :) If it didn't missed the boat it would have been better... as I'm still here to arrange custom broker clearance and delivery to workshop.

It's just an '03 Premium model, tiptronic auto, supposed to be 100% stock.

post-328-1198915525_thumb.jpg

post-328-1198915567_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Mine won't be arriving till around late Jan, missed the booking date for the vessel leaving today, so gonna have to wait for the next vessel. Was told security at the port is very tight these days so taking photos before it's loaded on the boat may not be possible... Plus new year period everyone's on holiday so probably no one's there to take photos till it arrives for compliance in...

Problem now is, I will have to be away from late Jan till late Feb, so hopefully nothing happened while it's being taken to the RAWS from the dock while I am overseas... :D If it didn't missed the boat it would have been better... as I'm still here to arrange custom broker clearance and delivery to workshop.

It's just an '03 Premium model, tiptronic auto, supposed to be 100% stock.

Gorgeous car mate :D

I'm seriously considering importing a 350GT as an upgrade to my R33 gtst.

Have you driven one before? What are they like?

I've been in an '03 Stagea with a VQ35 in it, but haven't driven any new Skylines.

Enjoy when she arrives!

Nope, never driven one before, i'm taking a blind plunge.

Got news car has arrived at the docks in Bris, going thru customs clearance now.

due to tighter security these days, as soon as car is purchased in auction it was sent straight to secure storage in the wharf, so can't get any pics from japan docks, and not sure if the custom broker would wanna take pics at the bris wharf...

Thanks for the comment rs73 :no:

I was on the phone a few times to an importer working in Japan when i was about to bring a S2 R33 in. He sent pics to my email, talked to me at the auction, told me how he bought an R34 gtr vspec and it just really got me excited. Importing, when it goes well, is awesome.

Didn't find what i wanted so i bought one from Oz...wasn't as exciting but at least i got it straight away and also test drove it.

You got some balls just picking a car and going for it lol. Can't go wrong with a Skyline anyway mate. The VQ35 is a landmark V6, and the interior is much classier than earlier models.

Pics when you pick her up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally had it in the garage. Not quite fresh off the boat as I haven't seen it since auction purchase went straight to secure storage, and when landed it went straight to compliance workshop in Brissy, and only until now it got delivered to Melbourne...

Thank's to Geoff from Prestige for his assistance in importing this car, Isaso for compliance, and Chris Rogers for the audio/navi conversion.

I still can't get Ch 7, 9, or 10 though... as the battery went flat and I had to re-scan the channels, and so far only managed to get SBS & ABC.

It's bloody dirty covered in dust and a bit of grease... gotta give it a bit of an interior and exterior clean...

It's a huge car in the garage, can barely fit it in the camera. Got a infiniti badge on the boot but the grill still has nissan badge.

Anyone know where to source an infiniti grill badge?

post-328-1204717754_thumb.jpg

post-328-1204717832_thumb.jpg

post-328-1204717843_thumb.jpg

post-328-1204717853_thumb.jpg

post-328-1204717873_thumb.jpg

My 1997 Autech 260RS (nissan Stagea plus RB26DETT goodness) arrives in 10 days. Black. Grade 4 import, 66,000kms (with paperwork/service schedule/friend in japan to back it up).

R33 GTR engine, gearbox, diffs, Brembo brakes, plus added bootspace.

15th march arrives in brisbane, complie dnad reg'd by early april.

l_665cd7227e8f09e841025f7c423ba632.jpg

l_9c4d9c066d89895a7bb4682728378663.jpg

l_7a3b05ee296d3f5e7f9053bcd81b3ab2.jpg

$$$ was $22.5k from start to finish. Imported via Mark Hocking of mytrading.org. Good bloke to chat to, highly recommended, +1 from me. Very efficient and straight to the point.

What you think of the car?

Nice rs73!

I'm also getting one through Geoff/Isaso and then getting it shipped over to Perth. If you can let me know any details about Chris Rogers, getting audio/navi conversion done and how much it costs it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

You can just shoot a pm to Chris Rogers directly. If you are doing your compliance in QLD then he's the man who can do the conversion stuff for you. The main thread is here, although its' quite a long read:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/35...av-t157379.html

I can't really give you the exact price as it is really a POA, depends what you need. Do you have factory Bose Audio with factory TV that you want to keep? If not then just chuck the japanese unit out and put in a local aftermarket unit. There's just so many things that you want to be done. From just a simple FM band expander to convert the japanese radio to be able to receive our FM frequency range, to a navigation solution and a tv tuner, a reverse camera, ipod solutions etc. I only did FM expander, navi and tv, that's all.

If yours is a premium with factory TV that you want to keep, it could cost over $3-$4k if you really want everything done complete!

Geoff's good he'll take you step by step, but make sure you read his emails carefully and take actions on the things that you need to action, e.g. contacting the compliance workshop in advance and the customs brokers, as well as making payments timely. If you didn't do it then the whole import process would be delayed and/or failed.