SAU Community

Website Ideas and Feature Requests

Awesome guys, I am trying to keep up with the ideas. Heres a quick update;

Google search has been implemented to run alongside the standard search so people can pick and choose which one they would like. (click 'Search' up the top)

Help Desk has been implemented, I will not be listing the support email address on the forums, all support with have to go through the Help Desk (I cannot tell you how many emails I used to get).

I will be building a new profile system for members which will include a blog and random images from users' members' galleries and also a bunch of other stuff. So that the 'profile' can actually be info about the user.

I am sorry if I have not responded to everybody, I am still going through. :)

Christian

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That google search must not index much, or will it compile its own index overtime and cache it?

I done a couple of searches, google returned nothing, the onsite search returned heaps of applicable threads.

It seems useless, sorry to sound so negative.

I love this site but find it a little hard to 'cut to the chase' - it's a little daunting moving around this site & finding what you're really looking for...I'm not too experienced with forums & the internet in general, so it could just be me...It's quite hard to keep up with events & cruises going on & I often miss out coz I'm a little slow on the uptake...

Just thought I'd have a say...

a two week wait is nothing. on Overclockers Australia they've banned all free e-mail accounts like yahoo, google, hotmail etc... as well as a 90 day waiting period. While it may not solve all issues the amount of scams and stuff has dropped significantly. They just now run into issues like excessive bumping and stuff.

Please don't implement this idea. I use gmail as my email and the ban on free email accounts is why I barely use OCAU. I have another email address, but I can only check it from certain machines. Gmail is with me everywhere which is why I no longer need or even want POP accounts. If SAU was to follow OCAU here, I'd probably give up posting here since I couldn't have the reply notifications sent to me.

Hey Mic, thats not going to happen, its cool. I personally travel around a lot and before I got a laptop I could only use free email accounts to check mail, so I know what its like.

Christian

Cool. I was a little worried there :P

• 3 months later...

I have a suggestion and its a bit hard to explain so bear with me.

When i post a reply on this site I end up located at the bottom of the page of the thread that I posted in and have to scroll up to get to the site nav bar to get back to the forum that I posted in (its the way I found quickest as I tried having the thread order reversed and its not my style)

My suggestion is to have a second nav bar at the bottom of thread pages, theres room there above forum jump ( which I find a bit of a hassle )

It a lazy mans suggestion I know but if it improves user experience it could be worth a try.

Also on the PM send message action you have a popup asking for confirmation OK/Cancel I feel it would less confusing as YES/NO

And CHEERS to a good site!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or is the writting just really really really SMALL!?

Is there anyway of making the layout the same as before? in terms of the colour scheme?

because this one is very bad on my eyes :P

also we need a quick reply box!

how do u change colour scheme? the default one sux balls, and also this new look is pretty crap, everything was fine before u did this other than the search tool.oh and i think the time when posted is screwed, thats my feedback

Reducing the size from 200 to 100 PM's is not going to work for me. I get as many as 30 PM's in one day. By the time I respond the 100 is gone in a couple of days. Can I please have 200 back than you.

:O

Guest Variable

I seem to have lost access to the QLD member and executive discussion areas. I think the NSW boys have reported the same thing.

Also, chalk up another vote for increasing the font size.

Cheers

Is it possible to change the font and size and maybe colour scheme?

This default layout is a real pita and extremely difficult to see and follow.

With other boards i can usually choose an alternative scheme down the bottom of the board home page, but i can't see an option on this board?

Help is appreciated.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned however it would be good if the 'Topic Reply' notification emails contained the thread title in the subject of the email (like with the old vBulletin).

Saves having to open/read 30 emails a day to find that 20 of them are all about the same thread.