SAU Community

Website Ideas and Feature Requests

the SAU wiki got broked during the server upgrade I think... we've been maintaining that wiki for a while... will ahve to get onto PranK to get that back up.

what was included in the old wiki??

there's obviously so much info to collate where do you draw the line?

i've got a thread running where myself and some of the guys are trying to put together some of the basic information, but it has just gotten huge in a matter of days! too big for a single post/thread i think.

threads like the RB30 one in the forced induction section would be a vital asset - it is up there in providing world wide information on all things twin cam RB30.

basics such as those summarised in cube's rb30 pdf would be a good basic page.

here's the thread in reference for us: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Po...sp-t194033.html

cheers

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. i think the core crux is ideal - something like what's contained in the RB30 PDF that's floating around.

it's a few pages and provides the required basics to any half competent being, however the forum is for the extra details on specifics.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I keep forgetting this thread is here.

All of you who want to be part of the wiki team, let me know and I'll give you access to the wiki discussion area because the more of you who help, the quicker we can fill it with info!

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance threads posts could go back to old inline display type, instead of the new style which shows all thread posts as 'branched'.

It makes it difficult to find information... and gives me headaches :rofl:

Or if you could at least have an option in settings for members to switch between the two styles.

Cheers.

This is a member option, click on the 'options' button in the top right of the thread.

The default way has always stayed the same.

Christian

Thanks for setting me straight... I was looking in my control panel ;)

I must of clicked it by accident at some point, cause it just changed a few days ago.

Cheers

Thanks for setting me straight... I was looking in my control panel :banana:

I must of clicked it by accident at some point, cause it just changed a few days ago.

Cheers

Yeah I need to put maybe a warning label on it or make it harder to change because it seems that this happens to a lot of people.

• 4 weeks later...

IS there any way to subscribe to threads without posting, on a lot of other forums there is just a link on the bottom of the page, cant find one on sau.

Also it would be good to have oe of those links and when you have subscribed it becomes an unsubscribe link, would be a lot easier than going through my assistant.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is a member on the r31 skyline club, but they have a VERY useful tool. When you log in, there is a link 'View new replys to your posts'. By clicking on this link it displays all the topics you have posted in, and have replys to.

I find myself searching through pages and pages looking for the thread i have posted in on here. Kind of annoying.

Anyway thats just a suggestion :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed a lot of girls have been joining the skyline world lately (one being my gf aswell) the first thing she asked me when she signed up is there a section for girls???? I said no but thought with the increaing number of female members it would be a great idea!!!!

I have noticed a lot of girls have been joining the skyline world lately (one being my gf aswell) the first thing she asked me when she signed up is there a section for girls???? I said no but thought with the increaing number of female members it would be a great idea!!!!

ooooooooh cool idea! :)

• 1 month later...
noticed alot of people putting up photos of there new or old rides or things they have done to them ect maybe we could start and keep a thread? for this .

There was a while back. Look at the reply to NizmoNigga's question below.

Any chance maybe the traders could have a breif descrition of what they sell so you dont have to open up every trader thread.

Sure. Great idea. I'll get them to submit descriptions to me.

Not sure if anyone is a member on the r31 skyline club, but they have a VERY useful tool. When you log in, there is a link 'View new replys to your posts'. By clicking on this link it displays all the topics you have posted in, and have replys to.

I find myself searching through pages and pages looking for the thread i have posted in on here. Kind of annoying.

Anyway thats just a suggestion :)

Yep, click 'My Assistant' up the top.

This was talked about a while ago but we firgured it just would be worth it for how much 'girl specific' chat there is.

Garage Module?

We had one a while back and nobody used it. However, it is on my list of todo's (along with a crap load of other stuff).

C

• 1 month later...

Just an idea, not really a priority tho, I notice on the mp3car.com forums the have a 'live' new posts, so you can leave it up and click new threads/post as their created.

It would be quite useful, esp. if it could be reduced to individual sections ie. Forced Induction or For sale etc

linky: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vaispy.php

can we possibly have the prices and locations listed in the menues in the for sale section. It would make finding what u want to but allot quicker rather than having to click on the item to fing out how much it is and where it is located. Other than that the site is tops and improving it will not be an easy task

:)

is it possible to have a dropdown menu when creating a thread in the classifieds that picks the state. and make it so the form cannot be completed without choosing an option

I cant see the wiki idea working too well if everybody has the access to edit the information. Some people have mentioned implementing some sort of points/ranking system for useful forum posts. This could work with the wiki idea where people would vote for the useful posts and it would flagged for a set group of people to compile into the wiki.

this "kudos points" system could work well imo. applied to threads not ppl