SAU Community

Website Ideas and Feature Requests

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I know there was a poll about this,

But is there any plans for an iPhone app at all??

It's frustrating coz it doesn't let you reply on the iPhone through Safari, and not to mention the text is really small so you have to zoom in heaps!

I checked a PM that I got the other day on my iPhone and coz the delete button is next to the reply I accidentally pressed delete, then I remembered it doesn't let you reply anyway haha. Unlucky.

Anyway, just wondering...

I know there was a poll about this,

But is there any plans for an iPhone app at all??

It's frustrating coz it doesn't let you reply on the iPhone through Safari, and not to mention the text is really small so you have to zoom in heaps!

I checked a PM that I got the other day on my iPhone and coz the delete button is next to the reply I accidentally pressed delete, then I remembered it doesn't let you reply anyway haha. Unlucky.

Anyway, just wondering...

Don't worry, found all the info here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ip....html&st=20

I am new here and did not trawl through all the pages of the thread. I have a suggestion that Skylines Aus Forum joins up with Tapatalk. I use it on my HTC android phone and I am sure my mates use if on their iPhones too. It makes viewing the forums a breeze and loads up relly fast on 3G too.

I thouroghly reccomend it!

I am new here and did not trawl through all the pages of the thread. I have a suggestion that Skylines Aus Forum joins up with Tapatalk. I use it on my HTC android phone and I am sure my mates use if on their iPhones too. It makes viewing the forums a breeze and loads up relly fast on 3G too.

I thouroghly reccomend it!

Check the thread I posted above.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Might have already been mentioned, but in the coles card competition I mentioned the site really needs to improve the FAQ(s).

I just went to click on three very interesting threads, only to see nismoid close them all and say go search. I wouldn't have been annoyed so much had search actually worked to give me the answer on the first page, but it really didn't, and reading through multiple 50+ page threads to find where the hell your search matched a term... is just annoying.

TBH 15-20 of the most 'knowledgeable' guys should compile a real QnA FAQ so people can find what they are after without being slapped with "GO SEARCH FOR IT".

And they were all found within 30 seconds of using the search - in terms of the answers.

Which one do you want to know more about?

All users PM'd me as the lock message said, was just a simple case of them not using the best search parameters.

Can't have a FAQ for every single option/choice known to man :)

And they were all found within 30 seconds of using the search - in terms of the answers.

Which one do you want to know more about?

All users PM'd me as the lock message said, was just a simple case of them not using the best search parameters.

Can't have a FAQ for every single option/choice known to man :)

No, most definitely not. Largest "bolt In" Rb26 Twin Turbos for example. Not in the first 3 pages is there a directly/similarly named thread, so even though the answer kindof lies in some of the thread results.... Anyway, pretty sure a FAQ would answer most of those type questions, though it would take time and effort I know.

No, most definitely not. Largest "bolt In" Rb26 Twin Turbos for example. Not in the first 3 pages is there a directly/similarly named thread, so even though the answer kindof lies in some of the thread results.... Anyway, pretty sure a FAQ would answer most of those type questions, though it would take time and effort I know.

Again it just comes down to you not using the search correctly.

I typed in "largest lowmount"

2nd result was this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/312245-largest-set-of-factory-located-twins-on-rb26-r32/

:thumbsup:

Can't get any easier than that mate. Sorry to say but you simply did not use the search well enough, and that was the first search i tried.

Got another example?

Eh to be fair that doesn't contain "bolt-on" and a noob might not know bolt-on = lowmount (well doesn't really, but pretty close). I do agree search terms come into it, hence the FAQ where you can simply push ctrl + f and find every reference of turbo etc ;)

• 1 month later...

In forsale section under car parts, subs forums like Wheels, Engine Parts, Interior...

something like that make it easier for people to find what they are looking for instead of searching through endless pages

just an idea :)

• 2 weeks later...

just curious, on the old forum, did you get notified when you got a warning? i had 1 warning on the old forum and i am sure that i got a message when it happened saying what i had done wrong, but since we have been on the new 3.0 forum i've gotten 2 warnings and only know the reason behind 1 of them, and that was only because it was mentioned in the thread i got it in that many of us got a warning, but i have no idea why i got the other 1, or even when.

my point is, wouldn't it be a good idea to be notified when a warning is given so that we know what we did wrong and not to do it again? how else will people know when they have broken the rules? i certainly don't pay much attention to my warning level, and i'm sure many others don't (since some don't even know there is a warning level), so you could have people suddenly getting told they are getting a holiday for having too many warnings yet they don't even know that they have a warning. it would be like getting a letter in the mail saying you have lost your licence but having never been sent a fine for anything. it really makes the term "warning level" rather innaccurate. maybe it should be renamed "marks against your permanent record".

Hey guys firstly i would like to say what a fantastic website this is! Extremely helpful to me!

I was thinking the other day that in the for sale section for private parts or for all parts/cars etc.. being sold that there should be a field when listing a new thread about what state that member is in so that it makes it a lot easier and quicker for the person looking for parts. also would be good if that showed up next to the topic so that you didnt have to click in to find it out. would save a LOT of time for people :)

Just an idea :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i searched for this in this topic but got 0 results so I thought id be first to say it...maybe intro of a like/dislike button (such as used on yt fb etc..) on actual thread/topic of actual posts put up by people on the thread....i thought it would be useful and handy in situation where person AA has many likes to the OP's question (would be sort of a quick reference for people who aren't bothered looking at the whole thread or maybe just need to see if the topic they check out is on the right track or whatever. or simply just as a like and/or dislike that works on yt and fb etc...