Website Ideas and Feature Requests

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Can we have it, so when we run the mouse over a topic (eg for sale section), we get a small description of whats for sale. Alot of other forums do it and i find it pretty good. (calaisturbo.com.au have this feature)

Thanks Dave

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

I was just wondering if there is a good reason behind showing all topic replies in a list rather than the old method of being able to browse all replies without having to click on each one. This new method makes viewing this site very hard and gives me the shit's, and I'm sure there is someone else out there that feels the same.

you used google to search the site - click "options" top right of any thread, change to standard.

Ah thanks mate, I feel like a real di%k now, cheers for that i guess computers aint my thing then, it was really getting to me totally ruining this site for me.

Oh well having a laugh now thanks heaps for your help.

• 5 months later...

I have noticed on some other forums they have threads with people (engineers etc) that can explain what mods are legal or not and how to go about legally modifyimg your car..I haven,t seen one here yet...is there one??

• 4 weeks later...

We need a forum for posting about our personal rides. Not massive projects, but just every-day-drives we modify for our needs.

I have a GTS, I want to keep most stock but I still want to post up about it with photos, and chat about subtle mods etc. But nothing massive.

We need a forum for posting about our personal rides. Not massive projects, but just every-day-drives we modify for our needs.

I have a GTS, I want to keep most stock but I still want to post up about it with photos, and chat about subtle mods etc. But nothing massive.

There is a Garage Option available, which lets you list mods, and pics etc. Like the one at the bottom of my avatar.

I have noticed a lot of girls have been joining the skyline world lately (one being my gf aswell) the first thing she asked me when she signed up is there a section for girls???? I said no but thought with the increaing number of female members it would be a great idea!!!!

ooooooooh cool idea! :banana:

hate to imagine how quickly it would get overrun with guys :S

(Edit: ... and I just realised that post was from 2008 anyway .. d'oh)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, brand new to this site and i came initially for one reason. To send a PM to a current member on this site that i would like to purchase products from! I got a problem though that should be addressed.

As a new member it said i had to have at least 10 posts to send a PM to a current member. I assume the reason for this to to avoid spamming the members with hate mail or wtv.

I don't want to start sticking my nose into articles i have no knowledge of for the sake of boosting my PM score.

I think that should change. I dont think you should have to have at least 10 posts to send a PM.

In the meantime, can someone send 666DAN a PM asking him to PM me or e-mail me in the meantime.

E-mail is [email protected]

Thanks beforehand for anyone reading this and doing so for a new member to this site.

RedEclipze,

There's has been many a discussion relating to this. Even in this very section. Please have a little read of it.

The long and short of it is, yes its there to stop spamming. Yes i know you can argue that you have to spam 10 posts, an no it won't be changing.

SAU is not a business, the for sale section is there for the benifit of this community. Its not unreasonable to expect members to be active on SAU before reeking the benifits of SAU.

As for your specific situation, why not post your email address in 666DAN's thread asking to be contacted as you have done here?

RedEclipze,

There's has been many a discussion relating to this. Even in this very section. Please have a little read of it.

The long and short of it is, yes its there to stop spamming. Yes i know you can argue that you have to spam 10 posts, an no it won't be changing.

SAU is not a business, the for sale section is there for the benifit of this community. Its not unreasonable to expect members to be active on SAU before reeking the benifits of SAU.

As for your specific situation, why not post your email address in 666DAN's thread asking to be contacted as you have done here?

I understand there are posts for this, but this is a new site for me and i did not have the time to sort through hours of reading to send a message off to one member. When i get the opportunity to read through, i plan to.

It's a valid point to want people to be active on the site, however that has no play to being able to send a message to someone once your a new member. I figured there may be another way around that ONE thing about posting 10 times. It was for learning purposes, and to make things easier i suppose.

I did not want to put information on his thread that did not pertain to the thread at hand. Do members have their individual threads where people can post random messages? If so, then great i know that now. If not, then my answer is that i did not want to dirty his thread up.

Thanks for whoever passed on my request! I got his e-mail