SAU Community

Website Ideas and Feature Requests

Hey Guys.

Problems

- Why does it say I have an RB25 near where my avitar would be? Can I change it?

Ideas

- Previously in search you could search a username, but you could search just "threads started by this user" Can we have this back? I know most boards don't have the feature, but I love that SAU has it, especially when you know you have answered a question someone else asked, it makes it easier to find your tutorial thread.

Cheers

Chris

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eXc:

To change the 'RB25' bit go into your control panel and it's the first option in the 'edit profile' options.

Awesome thanks. I thought it might have been that, but since it was just empty, I figured it wasn't. I guess if it's left empty it must default to RB25

I would like to suggest that new forum members will need 50 (or 100, whatever) posts before they can start a new thread...

this will prevent unnecessary threads and possibly scammers?

Dont know if it is already been suggested, but I think that all posts in the trader section should include the seller's location (as well as item location). This will save unnecessary posts and PM's, as well as alot of time.

Maybe SAU can have a trading template that everyone has to follow to save from people having to ask the obvious questions like location, pics etc. I have seen this implemented on other forums with great success. It will also make browsing these sections alot quicker.

EDIT: Just saw the current rules, all of this is already in the rules, but not many people are following them. Maybe a template will help as all fields can be made mandatory.

Template could take the following format:

###########################

Subject Title: FS [specify item/items]

For sale: list items

Item Condition: describe in detail, be accurate and honest

Price and price conditions: self explanatory, if you are or are not willing to separate, you must specify

Extra Info: any other details you wish to mention

Pictures: if you cannot get pictures, please state to avoid people asking for it

Contact Details: PM, phone, email etc

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: eg pickup only, courier interstate, no COD etc

###########################

I'd actually like to see categories in the 'For Sale: whole cars' section which are "GTS-t", "GTR", "Other".

Not to mention removal of all cars/items that have actually been sold so that when I do searches it doesn't display cars that were sold 3yrs ago.

• 1 month later...

Prank,

The old site used to show which MODERATORS were online at any one time, but this one doesn't.

Is there a particular reason for this now not being a feature, as the option of contacting a moderator was rather helpful I thought without having to remember them all.

Cheers,

Dennis

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would find a Transaction forum very useful in the classifieds section.

could make a a post or thread for each user you completed a transaction with sucseffuly wit ha certain user.

I have bought many things off of here but im always guessing as to who is trustworty :)

well we need the trader rating from the old forum. Also a members ride feature? and navigation menu's up top of the forum similar to boost? I find them a good feature

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Prank im new to this site as you may already know ir not eh but as iv seen a few people talk about flash ideas i have a few friends that make flash sites and are ok at it not to over do it or anything but they do ask for some money um something else you might want to go check up is IntergraMOD here the site - http://integramod.com/home/portal.php?sid=...936d58d5ff11162

Just helping ^-^

intergra is quite nice :O

Not really a big fan of flash on a forum... flash is awesome for standalone websites, but on a forum its a little redundant.

Funky,

What would be FLASH

Would be some response from Prank that he actually cares something for his site.

PM's can be sent, emails can be sent, text messages & land line calls can also be sent and what comes back is nothing more than ZERO.

I think that shows shear ignorance on his part.

I have voiced a number of technical problems I have been experiencing from the site, yet his responses are ZERO.

That tells me "HE DOESN'T GIVE A STUFF" about us or his site.

IMHO

Funky,

What would be FLASH

Would be some response from Prank that he actually cares something for his site.

PM's can be sent, emails can be sent, text messages & land line calls can also be sent and what comes back is nothing more than ZERO.

I think that shows shear ignorance on his part.

I have voiced a number of technical problems I have been experiencing from the site, yet his responses are ZERO.

That tells me "HE DOESN'T GIVE A STUFF" about us or his site.

IMHO

*yawn*

Are you serious? I havent seen a call from you in months and I hardly ever read my PM's... that leaves just one other option, emails... and I dont recall getting one from you.

So, if not replying to you personally means i dont care about the site, then shit man, I better roll over and let somebody else take it, eh?

Get real Dennis, you've just lost a few notches in my books.

Christian

well we need the trader rating from the old forum. Also a members ride feature? and navigation menu's up top of the forum similar to boost? I find them a good feature

Yep, trader rating is back and I will have all the ratings from the previous system ported over shortly also.

Christian