SAU Community

Website Ideas and Feature Requests

In the past many features have been added to the site to assist in either the general usage or to give fun areas to 'play in' or to help in aiding the organisation of the massive wealth of knowledge that we have on these forums.

I have started looking into many changes to occur over the next few months, some massive, some quite inconsequential. But, what I need is to get feedback from you all as to what features or changes you would like to see. You may think that your ideas are non feasible or plain right silly, but its usually such ideas that make a website just that little bit better.

Please list any ideas you have for the site. Shortly I will create a 'Worksheet' thread that will contain projects that are being assesed, implemented or completed. I will also ask on any php developers to leave their mark in this forum if they wish to assist in this SAU overhaul.

Thanks all and I also thank you for helping make this site what it is today.

Christian

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with the minimalistic + function wise and forged internals :)

could do with some simple animation of the sau banner i guess, rear lights lighting up or something or car driving off into background/etc just nothing over the top

engine-specific sub-forums/ technical: subforums for RB series, CA series, SR series, KA series, VG series.

more specific stickies, eg, how-to and faq at the beginning of each forum: this may help from members needing to 'reinvent the wheel" by endlessly searching for common topics frequently covered. for example: Stickys: "HICAS from a to z". or "wheel offsets explained -- general to case-specific"; "the lowdown on downforce "; "the coolest intercooler sticky."

technical forum: sticky/ faq: "variable intake timing and the art of breathing."

anyway. point made.

:)

vb is a heavy programing, don't load it up with flash!!

DO load it up with vB Garage... you'll love the program, and its an awesome way to bring visitors to the site.... umm thats all i have to say... not being on here all the time helps know whats missing :)

It drives me crazy trying to find information quickly on SAU.

Might I suggest that once an answer is found, initiators of a thread make up a single FAQ file with all the bits of the answer in it, then post it in a separate area for 'completed answers'? I enjoy reading the banter, but when I'm trying to find a quick answer, it's a pain.

Also, how about a separate section for manuals, specs etc for those lucky people who get a car or product in from Japan, and the manuals are only in Japanese? I have this problem with a Sard Attack Meter.

Other than those two issues - oh, and the POST errors when I try to sign in, it's a really great site inhabited by interesting and technically savvy people.

I'm with Elithrar. go the low bandwidth as well, as info is what makes this site really popular, try to aim for quality not quantity.

My 2 cents