SAU Community

6 litre hsv

4-5 car lengths up to 3rd gear is pretty huge. I would believe that there would only be 1 or 2 car lengths within it. How do you know he didn't brake as the speeds were getting ridiculous and that he admitted defeat after seeing that you were already ahead?

To show you what I mean. Here is a clip of a LS2 taking on a modded twin turbo supra. The supra was about 1/2-1 car length ahead at the 150km/h or so before the ls2 stopped. Supra kept going and when he hit the brakes, was about 6 car lengths in front.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mcurro/clips/TwinT...praVShsvLS2.WMV

it was 3 in the morning on a deserted road. we had a nice chat at a set of lights. we had 2 goes off the line and both times I dropped it from 6-7,000 and jumped him 1.5-2 carlengths in 1st then pulled away hard in 2nd then not as quickly in 3rd. I also had a jim berry 3500lb clutch in the car and 1bar boost, stock everything else. I ran a 12.8 like this so i think that a high 4sec 0-100 is probable. however from a roll it was closer, although i still was pulling away a bit

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was 3 in the morning on a deserted road. we had a nice chat at a set of lights. we had 2 goes off the line and both times I dropped it from 6-7,000 and jumped him 1.5-2 carlengths in 1st then pulled  away hard in 2nd then not as quickly in 3rd. I also had a jim berry 3500lb clutch in the car and 1bar boost, stock everything else. I ran a 12.8 like this so i think that a high 4sec 0-100 is probable. however from a roll it was closer, although i still was pulling away a bit

Damn, dumping the clutch at 7000rpm. No wonder you get such a huge jump ahead at starts. That's gotta hurt. Don't you get concerned when you smell the burnt clutch coming from your air vents?

If I ever do join you guys on a cruise, I'll be more than happy to take decent SAU members for a little spin. At least you guys can experience these cars so that you will be more informed next time you decide to make any critisms. I had a pleasant surprise when I went for a test drive in the F6 Typhoon, FPV GT, and clubsport after hopping out of my little S15.

This is a nissan drivetrain, not a holden one :rofl: haha sorry i tried to hold back, i'm just taking the piss the same i do with my friends who drive holdens (we go back and forth but its all just talk)....

If the clutch clamps and doesn't slip then the clutch doesn't burn - i can dump my clutch at 6-7-8k RPM it just bites and goes... no slip, no smell.... I can even slip my clutch a little when dropping it from high RPM and it doesn't smell. You do realise GTR's are 4wd right? If we launched at 3-4k we'd just bog down.

This is a nissan drivetrain, not a holden one :rofl: haha sorry i tried to hold back, i'm just taking the piss the same i do with my friends who drive holdens (we go back and forth but its all just talk)....

If the clutch clamps and doesn't slip then the clutch doesn't burn - i can dump my clutch at 6-7-8k RPM it just bites and goes... no slip, no smell.... I can even slip my clutch a little when dropping it from high RPM and it doesn't smell. You do realise GTR's are 4wd right? If we launched at 3-4k we'd just bog down.

hahaha Then how come your clutch busted in 3rd gear? :P

Yeah I do realise GTR's are all wheel drive. I've been in my friends R33 GTr and he said that it is not a true 4wd however it comes into effect when it senses you need it. I don't know. Just what he said.

very nice HSV! i was a holden boy before the skyline (VR SS w/VX clubsport bodykit and duel exhaust out both sides, sounded great but didn't go that well). If i had the money an R34 GTR would be my sporty, weekend car and the HSV VZ clubby would be the everyday car........if i had the money :rofl:

very nice HSV! i was a holden boy before the skyline (VR SS w/VX clubsport bodykit and duel exhaust out both sides, sounded great but didn't go that well). If i had the money an R34 GTR would be my sporty, weekend car and the HSV VZ clubby would be the everyday car........if i had the money :rofl:

If it wasn't for my lifestyle and needs I would of purchased a

STI, evo, or GTR. Everyone loves small sports cars when they are young and don't need to take the boat, trailer and 4 passengers.

best of both, a four-door R34 skyline. (could tow shitte though)

I didn't realise GTR R34's come in 4 doors. It would look funny seeing a GTR towing a boat. To me, my current ride satisfies both worlds fairly well. Still has speed and heaps of practicality.

I didn't realise GTR R34's come in 4 doors. It would look funny seeing a GTR towing a boat. To me, my current ride satisfies both worlds fairly well. Still has speed and heaps of practicality.

Should see one of our vic members (Golgo) with bikes on his roof racks - R33 GTR... looks umm... interesting :rofl:

Nissan never made a 4D GTR. Autech *probably* made a few to order, based on an R34GTT. Various tuners transplanted GTR running gear into R34 4D's... for example...

1486APM_4_Door_GTR.jpg

I would think it would be easier to modify the panels and doors on a Coupe GTR to start with, rather than adding 4WD!

Nissan never made a 4D GTR. Autech *probably* made a few to order, based on an R34GTT.  Various tuners transplanted GTR running gear into R34 4D's... for example...

1486APM_4_Door_GTR.jpg

hahaha Then how come your clutch busted in 3rd gear?  :rofl:  

Yeah I do realise GTR's are all wheel drive. I've been in my friends R33 GTr and he said that it is not a true 4wd however it comes into effect when it senses you need it. I don't know. Just what he said.

heheh it was actually my gearbox that blew not my clutch :rant: But good point ;) How much power can the manual transmissions take in the HSVs? they run a 6speed getrag right?

The 4wd system in a GTR is different/better than the subaru system IMO.

The GTR puts power to the Rear wheels by default. When it detects traction loss to the rear wheels and/or too many lateral or longitudanal (sp?) G-forces it puts up to 50% of the power to the front wheels. The computer that runs this is called the ATTESA, and depending on the model of GTR it checks at different rates. R33 GTR checks at 100times/sec, R33 GTR Vspec checks at 1000times/sec.

I think its a better system than the constant AWD because when your not breaking traction your loosing more engery/power driving the front wheels when they don't need to be. GTR's have a natural tendancy to overstear (not as bad as a RWD), where as say subaru AWD system has a tendancy to understeer.

And i couldn't agree with you more about your choice - you have the best of both worlds, a bit of squirt when you want it, but still able to tow a boat/take the family in the car on holiday :wave:

I wonder how you'll go geting a quote from a insurance company for a 4 door GTR that doesn't exist from factory.

Speaking of insurance - how do you go with insurance on your HSV at 26 years old?

Speaking of insurance - how do you go with insurance on your HSV at 26 years old?

No way I would buy one of these if I had to organise insurance for myself.

It's all done through my company. It's called a novated lease. I sacrifice a portion of my salary otherwise known as car allowance and then I get all expenses paid for. I'm given a fleet card which I pay for all my maintenance/petrol/parts with.

As for insurance, my company pays for that so it's a bonus :rant: Good thing about the deal is that the money I sacrifice is taken from pre tax dollars.

Yes. I'm a lucky bastard.

No way I would buy one of these if I had to organise insurance for myself.

It's all done through my company. It's called a novated lease. I sacrifice a portion of my salary otherwise known as car allowance and then I get all expenses paid for. I'm given a fleet card which I pay for all my maintenance/petrol/parts with.

As for insurance, my company pays for that so it's a bonus :rant: Good thing about the deal is that the money I sacrifice is taken from pre tax dollars.

Yes. I'm a lucky bastard.

I know what a novated lease is - I have my GTR on one as well :wave: pre-tax goodness