SAU Community

6 litre hsv

:)

Just didn't sound like our normal, friendly, help anyone SK :)

Did you have a race meeting at PI on the weekend? How did that go?

I AM trying to help him, by showing him the error of his ways. Sometimes to start thinking outside the square you have to push/challenge a bit.

Philip Island, yes .........well......qualified 5th, DNF first race, last to 3rd second race (fastest lap) and 3rd to first last race (fastest lap). The boys only had to change the engine once, the #1 engine died in qualifying. So it went pretty well, still leading the Vic State Championship after 3 rounds. Oran Park (3rd) round of the NSW State Championship this weekend. Extra car in the team this weekend, so it might be a busy one. Dyno time tonight for 2 cars, might get some sleep after that.;)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vuster doesn't tow race cars, he tows boats or trailers for holidays.

So lets say, from SK's example, that Vuster's off on a holiday. He hooks up his trailer / boat to his "towing" car, and tundles along nicely. He then gets to his venue, does his thing, and finds some nice windy road. He's taken the trailer off, and he's now got a car that will play reasonably well.

Whereas if SK were in the same situation, he'd hook the trailer / boat to the Stagea and trundle along nicely-er to the destination. He gets to his venue, does his thing, and finds some nice road that looks like fun to take a fast punt in. Unfortunately, if he's not towing the "other" car along with the trailer / boat, he now doesn't have the fast, fun car to go corner carving in. He's got the workhorse.

I'm not saying that the Stagea can't be fun around the bends, but SK admits it won't keep up.

Or he could go the other way and use the faster car to tow the boat / trailer to the destination (which apparently doesn't do it as well, if at all), and then carve corners quicker on the chance he finds a road worth going for a hoon on.

I'm all for having "a car for every purpose", but if you can't afford to move your multiple cars to places you're going to want have purposes for, getting a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none might be a better decision.

So lets say, from SK's example, that Vuster's off on a holiday. He hooks up his trailer / boat to his "towing" car, and tundles along nicely. He then gets to his venue, does his thing, and finds some nice windy road. He's taken the trailer off, and he's now got a car that will play reasonably well.

Whereas if SK were in the same situation, he'd hook the trailer / boat to the Stagea and trundle along nicely-er to the destination. He gets to his venue, does his thing, and finds some nice road that looks like fun to take a fast punt in. Unfortunately, if he's not towing the "other" car along with the trailer / boat, he now doesn't have the fast, fun car to go corner carving in. He's got the workhorse.

I'm not saying that the Stagea can't be fun around the bends, but SK admits it won't keep up.

Or he could go the other way and use the faster car to tow the boat / trailer to the destination (which apparently doesn't do it as well, if at all), and then carve corners quicker on the chance he finds a road worth going for a hoon on.

I'm all for having "a car for every purpose", but if you can't afford to move your multiple cars to places you're going to want have purposes for, getting a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none might be a better decision.

How do you know it wont keep up a few little suspenion and engine mods and im sure it would keep up quiet easily. Which SK has probably already done.

hey guys....i only new so dont rip my balls of plz...15 yo tacker......neway the 6litre clubby is a burnout machine to carry 5 ppl....the GTR/GTST is a VERY well balanced car with unlimited tuning potential.....2 cars 2 purposes y bother......n hoo honestly cares bout fuel economy if they own a bloody GTR or HSV with a 6L donk????u should no they r goin to guzzle neway...

only 15 but mates have cars n i talk with them...honestly the GTR is just 2 damned raw to use on the street...let it stretch its legs on the track....u will undastand what a machine it is no ongoing fuel bills and slow down depreciation a helluva lot

hey guys....i only new so dont rip my balls of plz...15 yo tacker......neway the 6litre clubby is a burnout machine to carry 5 ppl....the GTR/GTST is a VERY well balanced car with unlimited tuning potential.....2 cars 2 purposes y bother......n hoo honestly cares bout fuel economy if they own a bloody GTR or HSV with a 6L donk????u should no they r goin to guzzle neway...

only 15 but mates have cars n i talk with them...honestly the GTR is just 2 damned raw to use on the street...let it stretch its legs on the track....u will undastand what a machine it is no ongoing fuel bills and slow down depreciation a helluva lot

You probably wont get flamed for that post, but no doubt you will in other threads. Hell, I know, I cop a HELL of alot of flaming. Because Im 16! For gods sake. If you want to see an example, go to the general section, "My parents are going to buy me a Golf R32" I have been given heaqps in that one. Really Sh*ts me

Sorry that I went

No offence mate but whatever I have written I was referring to myself. I did not preach that my car is suitable for everyone. Just as I don't criticise you for have your 3 cars to suit your purpose.

Maybe I am being over sensitive, but I never called your car a lemon

Maybe you're right but 15 years on I wonder how many lemons are out there?
That's great that you can buy 3 of your cars while I can only buy one car. That is not my aim. I have one garage and I don't have time to get multiple cars serviced.

I do the same total K's with 2 cars, so they only get serviced the same as 1 car would doing the same K's ie; 2 cars don't get serviced twice as often. Plus it is rather handy to have another car when one is being serviced.

At no stage that I am saying my car is better than yours.

Yes you did, I have read every post in this thread, shall I quote you?

I have only highlighted the good points of each car and sharing my experience.

Maybe you need to reread some of your posts, like this one;

Don't you get concerned when you smell the burnt clutch coming from your air vents?
I don't know what you are trying to achieve with your negative comments but if it makes you laugh, good on you.

Negative!!!! You should see me when I get negative.

Personally, I would have spent $20K on the S15 to fix the poor choices someone obviously made in its build up phase and $23K on an S11 Stagea. Then I would have had 2 cars fit for purpose, not one big fat compromise. Plus the balance of $10K to spend having even more fun. I reckon that would be a better use of my $53K.:)

You probably wont get flamed for that post, but no doubt you will in other threads. Hell, I know, I cop a HELL of alot of flaming. Because Im 16! For gods sake. If you want to see an example, go to the general section, "My parents are going to buy me a Golf R32" I have been given heaqps in that one. Really Sh*ts me

Sorry that I went  

forums mate.... u'll always get bagged or sumthing at sum point, its what forums are like, my advice... it is wrong you get s*** from people if you dont say anything 2 deserve it... but jst dont let it affect you, be like * shrug of shoulders * and dont bitch about it. :uh-huh:

You sure like to stir the pot don't you SkylineKid?

Yes you are being a bit sensitive. If you think that there are no 15 year old lemons out there then you live in a perfect world. There are one day old lemons from the holden or ford factory.

In regards to the burnt clutch comment, I had no negative connotations when I said that about skylines. I've tried dumping clutch when reving hard in both my holden and s15 and have experienced the smell of burnt clutch coming from my vents.

I can't remember saying my car is a better car than yours overall. If I did then I apologize. I however have stated which areas I think my car will be better. The only thing I'm confident about is that my car is best for ME.

This thread is so much more fun when there is a twist in the posts.

Oh, I don't think the Stagea would have too much trouble keeping up around the twisty bits and if it was raining on this holiday (it always rains on my holidays) then he wouldn't see which way the Stagea went. The truth is, most of my drive away holidays are spent at race tracks anyway. Occasionally we get to winery or twenty, then the waggon is well used to its maximium capacity.

Speaking of which, Vuster how do you survive with that glovebox sized boot?

:D

Oh, I don't think the Stagea would have too much trouble keeping up around the twisty bits and if it was raining on this holiday (it always rains on my holidays) then he wouldn't see which way the Stagea went.  The truth is, most of my drive away holidays are spent at race tracks anyway.

Yeah, but we're not talking about you and your holidays. We're talking about Vuster, and his choice based on his needs. I have no doubt that the Stagea / GT-R combo suits you perfectly, so I'm not arguing the point.

But, if you think the Stagea will keep up with the HSV (I haven't been in either so I'm not going to say) then fair enough, it might be a better choice.

There are other things like interior comfort, newer vs older car (not that Holden / HSV's build quality is anything to write home about either) that come into it for some people.

My mate just bought a brand new VZ clubsport as well.

As much as i like it, being a new car and all, and having low down torque, i much prefer my car.

I dont have power from 1500rpm like the 6L commy, but mine starts to pull at 2500rpm. And it goes all the way to 8000rpm, the commy only goes to 6500rpm.

Theyre completely different cars with different purposes. Wish you guys stopped this hsv vs skyline fight. FYI vuster, you can pick up a 1999 34 gtr for 55K on road if you keep your eyes open at auction in japland. It will be 6 years old and your hsv is brand new. Be happy with it and try not to JUSTIFY your purchase to us. I do sincerely believe that you are here to start an argument. Theres absolutely no way anyone on here will agree that hsv's are better than skylines

Enjoy the car :D

i think that ^^ is proly a good statement ( or argument as it seems thats what this is ), and also should be a good way to jst end the whole hsv vs skyline thing, every man to himself when it comes to the types of cars you like or wateva, i personally like both nissans and holdens, and dont feel the need to give holden owners shit every time one drives past... coz there is no point, if they wanna give me shit about my "rice" machine etc. etc. then so be it, no point in startin fights with people over a car...... after all, apprently we live in a civilised world. :D

mmm its not fair compairing older Jap cars with a new Holden. Try the new NSX vs the new HSV if you want new technology's, even tho im not sure if its out just yet but what a sports car!! lol

Someone tell me what the hell is wrong with the v8s gear ratios?? 1st gear lasts foreva and 2nd is over straight away... is that normal?

Speaking of twisty bits, the GTR33 loves em, but not the SS commodore trying to keep up through a roundabout. He finished looking the wrong way.

want to lend me one of your 5 cars for a few weeks while Troy has mine :thumbsup:

ps i like purple, it goes well with my stuff... may that help your decision :cheers: