SAU Community

R32 GT-R questions, and my new car

I was under the impression that atessa worked on g-forces. The more g's felt by the g sensors, the more it would start to share the power load between the wheels. i.e If your just putting along no torque should be transferred to the front but if you put your foot down car starts accelerating a lot quicker you should notice the front torque increasing even without wheel slip.

It is a preventative system in the way it doesn't wait for traction to be lost before it transfers load, its works off g forces. This is what I notice in my car anyway.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that atessa worked on g-forces. The more g's felt by the g sensors, the more it would start to share the power load between the wheels. i.e If your just putting along no torque should be transferred to the front but if you put your foot down car starts accelerating a lot quicker you should notice the front torque increasing even without wheel slip.  

It is a preventative system in the way it doesn't wait for traction to be lost before it transfers load, its works off g forces. This is what I notice in my car anyway.

Yaaaay! You've got the same thing. You've had your car for a while? And flogged it a lot?

Thanks mate, I've been DYING fo someone to give me a good answer on this one.

As I suspeted, it's being predictive not reactive... Sweet as...

Cheers,

Andrew

Exactly right about ATESSA, although it is a little slow to react in R32s, it is much better in the 33 and especially 34 it runs more front torque standard ;)

Thx, more ppl agreeing the merrier I get. :(

Hrm, group buy on ATTESSA controllers... kinda apt for this thread! Hrmmmm....

Better get the damn car first I suppose... come on paperwork!!!

:Pimp2:

Thx, more ppl agreeing the merrier I get. :(

Hrm, group buy on ATTESSA controllers... kinda apt for this thread! Hrmmmm....

Better get the damn car first I suppose... come on paperwork!!!

:Pimp2:

Yep same here. Always get front torque - full 50 in the wet!

One thing I just noticed that you might want to check out is the factory Nissan badge is missing from the bootlid - respray or just badging?

Which badge's that? I've just spent 10 minutes trying to find a stock as pic of an R32 GT-R but... didn't...

The thing I like is the full Nismo kit, and if you at this pic Rezz posted up for me:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/at...achmentid=39295

You'll see it's pretty much identical (outside only of course). So maybe something was removed to Nismo-it?

What badge though, keen to know...

Thanks...

The car sure don't appear to have been sprayed at all, not recently that's for sure. It's so fresh into the yard they hadn't even detailed it, and the factory code KH2 matches the paint...

Just to clarify, I was on about a genuine Nismo on another thread. This isn't that car, I walked away from it (almost ran). This is a stocko car except Nismo kit, titanium catback, brembos all round and 3-piece mags.

Yeah looks like a really nice car. Image of rear end of mine - badge on top left corner of bootlid.

It probably would not be too hard to remove the badge and clean up the goo - so I would say that is what has happened - kinda looks better I think anyway.

Yeah looks like a really nice car. Image of rear end of mine - badge on top left corner of bootlid.  

It probably would not be too hard to remove the badge and clean up the goo - so I would say that is what has happened - kinda looks better I think anyway.

Oh ok of course - THAT Nissan badge :( heheh.

Yeh I reckon it was done to Nismo-ify it more...

looks awesome .. black R32 GTR is probably the best looking of the lot ;)

I would have given it stick too. If it blows up, guess you wouldn't have proceeded with the sale :)

My mates R33 GTR ATTESSA doesn't really ever seem to kick in too much, even when nailed, but then again he does drive like a bit of a girl :)

Brakes may just need a bit of a flush, and possibly a reco. But that shouldn't cost a massive amount if it does come to that (maybe $200 per caliper)

looks awesome .. black R32 GTR is probably the best looking of the lot ;)

Well, not black - it's gunmetal - was a cloudy day. I guess ultimately I prefer black, but love gunmetal too. Nice part with the gunmetal is you don't have to wash it so much :) and as we've just seen, it looks a bit diff in diff light :whatsthat

I would have given it stick too. If it blows up, guess you wouldn't have proceeded with the sale :)  

My thoughts exactly. You GOTTA flog a car like this before you sign the dotted line :)

My mates R33 GTR ATTESSA doesn't really ever seem to kick in too much, even when nailed, but then again he does drive like a bit of a girl :)

Weird, ppl have been saying the 33/34s were more front-biased than the 32... :confused:

Andrew if you're still interested in ATTESSA info, I have a stock R32 that will torque split in first, sometimes second in a straight line, and easily split in second going around a corner.

IMO you should take the advice of the guys that have suggested full fluid change, regardless of what the yard mechanic said. It can't hurt to have another oil change.

When my car arrived the ATTESSA reservoir was empty (read: dry), the transfer had 80W90 gearbox oil and the gearbox itself had a perished rear seal and some VERY old 75W90 in it..

Nice purchase by the way, hurrah for KH2 :)

Mark

Btw: double-check those rotors, they are prob the cause for the sucky braking. Mine were pitted, grooved, and 0.4mm undersize.

Andrew if you're still interested in  ATTESSA info, I have a stock R32 that will torque split in first, sometimes second in a straight line, and easily split in second going around a corner.

Yep still want ATTESA info, hit me guys with your car's behaviour. I shoulda started an ATTESA thread ;)

IMO you should take the advice of the guys that have suggested full fluid change, regardless of what the yard mechanic said. It can't hurt to have another oil change.

Yer, that'll be the go. The engine oil and other fluids I could easily check were definitely new, either that or this is uber-clean engine :) hehe

I have the service manual, guess I can just get the oils info from there...

Nice purchase by the way, hurrah for KH2 :)

Thanks m8 - it's funny I haven't got tired of ppl saying that yet :uh-huh:

Andrew

I have the service manual, guess I can just get the oils info from there...

Lucien/lwells started a thread a long way back in the General Maintenance section. It lists all the fluids, has a bit of discussion, and current equivalents. Search for threads started by lwells and it's called R32 GTR Fluids and Oils or something like that.

The manual has the compression figures too. From memory it was 180 when new, and should be a min of 140-145 (160 is about average) plus or minus 5 across the cylinders. I'd confirm the figures for you but the manual isn't saved on this comp.

:)

Mark

Lucien/lwells started a thread a long way back in the General Maintenance section. It lists all the fluids, has a bit of discussion, and current equivalents. Search for threads started by lwells and it's called R32 GTR Fluids and Oils or something like that.

The manual has the compression figures too. From memory it was 180 when new, and should be a min of 140-145 (160 is about average) plus or minus 5 across the cylinders. I'd confirm the figures for you but the manual isn't saved on this comp.

:)

Mark

Sweet thanks, will find that thread. I have got the manual PDF, and the comp is 171 best and 128 low. 128! That's fkn low! Yeh I'll want to see at least 140, hopefully a decent bite more. I guess one has to bear in mind the little the car has been driven whilst in transit though??? (?)

Hi Heath! Mate she's in the shop having the outer sills repaired/replaced. Pita of a job apparently. They have to paint the rear quarters because of the nature of the job, so I've decided to have the paint shop spray the whole car. I'm replacing all the rubber around the windshields and a few other exterior trims. Should come up nicely.

It's the same painter that sprayed twoogle, two.06l. He did a great job on Paul's GTR and I'm looking forward to getting mine back shortly.

Any updates in your GTR thread? Been checking back but no news!? :)

(Sorry about the hijack Andrew)