Apexi Super Ignition Timing Computer

Sydneykid

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Just installed my SITC last night. Just wanting to make sure everything is working ok. When I just switch the ignition to on (not start car though) the lights do a little dance and then go Red. Kick the car over then the first one is Green, Second is orange and the last 3 a Red. Is that normal or should they all be green. I used a timing light and tried the 800rpm knob from 10 degrees retard to advance and thats what it showed on the crank when look at it with the light. So i assume that since this knob is working the rest will too.

Thank for any help

Josh

yes that is correct. You should be able to hear the difference in timing at 800rpm going from -15 to +15.

The unit also tracks what revs you are at. For example if you are at 4000 rpm the 4000 rpm light will be green, the 5600 and 2400 will be orange and the rest will be red.

Im a bit gutted it doesnt have an adjustment point for 4600 rpm as thats where the ECU R&R really cuts out.

yes that is correct. You should be able to hear the difference in timing at 800rpm going from -15 to +15.

The unit also tracks what revs you are at. For example if you are at 4000 rpm the 4000 rpm light will be green, the 5600 and 2400 will be orange and the rest will be red.

Im a bit gutted it doesnt have an adjustment point for 4600 rpm as thats where the ECU R&R really cuts out.

Yeah sweet. I was only testing it at idle but could hear the revs change when retarding and advancing the 800 knob. And I double checked it with the timing light. Now just have to get it and the safc tuned. I have both units set at zero correction and after fitting the front mount I have raised boost to 10psi and man is it running like sh#t. From about 3000 the ecu is really retarding the timing and then kicks back in again around 4800 to 5000. Light throttle normal driving is ok but when I go wot the map feels like its all over the place not to mention worse fuel economy then I was getting before so I'm assuming I'm hitting R&R. The car has previously made 150awkw with the previous owner but no piggy backs so am hoping for at least that again. However I'm guessing its had a few piggy backs in its life going but the amount of tapped wires on the ecu loom :stupid:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what sort of adjustment settings I should expect to be needing with my S-ITC. I am not planning on doing this myself, car is going on a dyno, but wanted to have an idea to tell the tuner where to start and to compare what he comes up with. I also have a S-AFC neo going in at the same time.

Car:

97 Stagea RS4

Mods are:

*BOS Split front dump pipe

*CATCO Metal Cat

*3" trust exhaust (not sure exactly what one, has two oval mufflers though - from R32 and modded to fit)

*Turbotech mechanical boost controller (These are gated, so actually hold pressure to specified Psi, doesn't just bleed air off constantly. Pretty sweet for $30)

*R34 Skyline Intercooler

*K&N panel filter

*radiator air deflector :D

Planning to be running 9-10Psi boost, depending on what the air temps with just a sidemount cooler look like.

Thanks,

Stu

Where can i get a SITC from? i am having trouble finding it...

here's one for you :w00t:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-NEW-NEW...sspagenameZWDVW

Just keep an eye on eBay (US site www.ebay.com) as they pop up pretty regularly. 'Used' ones are usually $199. I got mine of this seller in 4 days.

• 10 months later...

Got my Apexi SITC from Japan though ebay. The instructions are in Japanese but there is a translation somewhere on the internet. If anyone needs it I have the PDF pages for the Stagea. will attempt to attach them but if that doesn't work I can email them.

Got my Apexi SITC from Japan though ebay. The instructions are in Japanese but there is a translation somewhere on the internet. If anyone needs it I have the PDF pages for the Stagea. will attempt to attach them but if that doesn't work I can email them.

I would love a copy of these while I can! There are no other alternatives to the S-ITC that I can find (like jaycar iebc / apexi safc are alternatives) so I will probably need to get one of these one day. Can you have a go at posting it here first so we can all benefit, or else PM it to me? Cheers :)

*grabbed* awesome, thanks Tangles! Do you know if this suits series 2/R34 as well as series 1?

yeah dowloand the pages for setting up, installing etc, and the stagea / skyline pages

you and/or your mech and his auto electrician will be able to do the job for cheap.

she'll work, she'll work

:rofl:

heads up guys

nother one on ebay US

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Apex-i-Supe...1QQcmdZViewItem

179.95 US

Sh!t, missed it!! thanks for the heads up though

yeah dowloand the pages for setting up, installing etc, and the stagea / skyline pages

you and/or your mech and his auto electrician will be able to do the job for cheap.

she'll work, she'll work

:P

:(

Edited by DaveB

• 2 weeks later...

If I've the chance to get a apexi sitc should I go for it??

Car sits as follows, downpipe, decat, hks exhaust, uprated hybrid turbo, uprated fuel pump, apexi airfilter, uprated coil pack, greddy fmic, greddy boost control.

Yes definatley as although they do come up they're still not easy to get. But get a Apexi SAFC while your at it. That way you'll be able to tune Fuel and Timing. Also when you do make changes on the SAFC it can have an effect on the timing also which can be dialed out with the SITC.

Yes definatley as although they do come up they're still not easy to get. But get a Apexi SAFC while your at it. That way you'll be able to tune Fuel and Timing. Also when you do make changes on the SAFC it can have an effect on the timing also which can be dialed out with the SITC.

Cheers for the fast reply mate! I got one second hand still in box and in good condition ;)

just looking for a well priced safc now! :)