SAU Community

R33 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

I have mine installed for about a month now and the results are very pleasing indeed. The car was fitted with a jap brand coilover previously and all they did was keep the car off the ground (just).

General driving is very comfy , firm with no harshness whatsoever. It soaks up some of the crazy potholes on our crappy roads with ease.

More spirited driving highlights just how good it really is. rough corners can be taken without fear of the car being thrown off line as the combo just soaks it up and holds the line perfectly. My only issue to date revolves around my set up. my car makes reasonable power (around 500 hpatw's) and when i power on to exit the corner the rear squats and bites so well it lifts the front to the point I start to lose grip and go in to understeer.

I am having the car corner weighted shortly and would like to hear your reccomendations on weight bias front to rear. From there it will be a matter of fine tuning with the sway bars to get it to its optimum.

I am also considering changeing my wheel setup to reflect the heavy front nature of a 33 skyline. We mostly set up with quite a large rear tyre and a smaller front. I am thinking a gtr type setup with the same front and rear should be a better deal than the staggered widths most of us currently use. Your thoughts Gary?

Despite some communication probs (partly my own doing) I am over the moon with the setup. It is also a far better part time drag proposition than Gary is letting on too. The car squats and bites hard. I would suggest that with a front revalve the rears would handle about anything on a 1/4 mile attack.

One happy customer. :P

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my suspension (whiteline/bilstein group buy) fitted yesterday at Centreline in Thomastown. I'd just like to say Glenn & Chris have done a fantastic job. I dont know much about suspension (I know more now than I did before) but the difference in ride and balance was amazin. My car is close to 180K mark now and I think the suspension was original as it was completely pooched - including a bent shocker. I will be going back to Centreline in future and can recommend them to anyone wanting to get any suspension work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I have recently aquired a r33 4dr that is currently running G4 coilovers. The ride is rubbish and the car can hardly get power to the ground on a road with tiny bumps.

I have 3 questions:

Is this group buy still avaliable?

do 4drs and 2drs share suspension parts ?

What stock parts do I need to replace when I take out the G4 coils?

Thanx.

Hi Sydneykid ive got a gtr r32 ohlins suspention[far to stiff for a daily driver and stut tops are rooted spherical bearings ect.]

I was wondering if i purchaced one of you bilstein/whiteline suspention kits do they come with stut tops?

sorry i this sounds stupid just want to be sure. What would you recomend me geting camber kit wise,stabaliser bars ect? Would like ride height to be 355 front and 345 rear steet use maybe the odd track day, already have stut braces but nothing else.If its not to much trouble would you be able to price up complete kit for us.

Thanks heaps regards Tristan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hey Mate,

Just want to check everything is ok payment sent 2 months ago on 13 Jun 2008 and have not received my parts yet! :D getting a little worried.

Ben

I dont know if SydneyKid reads this forum,.... not much activity from him.

Let me know if you need an email address/phone number to follow it up - 2 months is too long to wait.