SAU Community

Torana Lx Gtr Hatch, Lots Of Pictures

Got a bit more done, pulled the motor and gearbox out of the rusty yellow shell to start fitting the sub frame adaptor plates into the hatch.

Pauls, I want to get full rego to show what can be done under NCOP, the club rego is the last resort but even with the vic club rego the inspection is

still done by a VASS engineer. It's surprising how many skyline owners have a soft spot for toranas and on the gmh-torana site a lot of torana owners

have a soft spot for skylines. I suppose physically they are both about the same sized car and both are Bathursh winners.

IMGP2311_resize_zpsd7c2b59b.jpg

A lot of people were heralding NCOP as the end of the modification world. I truly hope to see this project of yours go through with engineering approval to get full rego to show that if the quality of work and engineering practice is good, you can still have your toys. Your attention to detail and quality of work has my respect.

• Like 1

Nice work! i've been lucky enough to have a father who was a spray painter,over the years i have watched him do up 13 toranas of his own and im just as excited to see yours finished as i was his.Keep up the good work mate. :thumbsup:

Edited by gleeson

Got some more done, tacked in the rails and fitted crush tubes for the subfame adapter plates.

IMGP2320_resize_zps7fcc7d4f.jpg

Made 4 bosses to fit into the original torana subframe mounting holes. These are welded into the top and bottom of the rail to help tie it together and allow for another mounting point.

IMGP2312_resize_zps7b1b1466.jpg

IMGP2317_resize_zpsec5e09be.jpg

Started fitting the suspension towers.

IMGP2321_resize_zps07453574.jpg

IMGP2322_resize_zps932499dc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cut the tunnel out of the skyline, it made me a little sale to destroy such a nice car.

Also talked to the engineer about track width and tyre and rims sizes, found out rim size is now determined by taking the

widest tyre offered and increasing it but 30% then use the tyre fitment guide and see what rims suit that tyre.

Since i'm using the skyline suspension and sub frame I can use the skyline track width and tyre/wheel combination.

So R32 gtr had a 225/50r16 I can run up to a 285 on the front and the R33 had a 245/45r17 which works out to being up to a 315.

But I can only change the track width by 25mm.

IMGP2344_resize_zpsa40a01a0.jpg

Sat the skyline tunnel in the hatch.

IMGP2348_resize_zps544c7046.jpg

Extreme ATTESA pump removal.

IMGP2345_resize_zps57d78d0e.jpg

Ive been on sau for about 10yrs and ive never seen anything as unique or exciting as this build...thanks for sharing - u are using the 2 most appealing cars in my mind to create a work of art :)