SAU Community

Intercooler Pipe Keeps Popping Off

rb25debt

I had hoses popping of at 16 odd PSI, when i changed a few over to Norma SS t bolts never had a issue. Held on 22psi good too

Pump some air into it and see how well the T bolts hold, they all leak in the same place, as the part between the clamps has no pressure on it. Stick to standard worm clamps, and don't overtighten them or you will need to replace them each time.

Pump some air into it and see how well the T bolts hold, they all leak in the same place, as the part between the clamps has no pressure on it. Stick to standard worm clamps, and don't overtighten them or you will need to replace them each time.

Sorry, its the worm clamps ive got :)

So it turns out because the shell is just a GTS, it still had the Rb20de fuel pump, i have got an aftermarket walbro fuel pump and i put it in and it's running alot better, i am going to try find a rb25det neo turbo and put it back to stock until i can afford a better ecu and tune. For some reason since earlier today when i come up to stop at lights etc, the car dies? could this be a air leak?

Ive got a different type of clamp on every connection in my ic piping. 19psi and nothing has ever popped off.

Ling long turbos. I love it.

Stall on stop could be a leak, reversion or atmo vent.

Man you're driving a Frankenstein. Honestly if i was you id sell it and buy another car. A gts shell with an rb25det will get you into all hell with the law. Brakes, suspension, registration info will all be out of whack with this motor in that shell.

Edited by SargeRX8
  • Like 1

Ive got a different type of clamp on every connection in my ic piping. 19psi and nothing has ever popped off.

Ling long turbos. I love it.

Stall on stop could be a leak, reversion or atmo vent.

Man you're driving a Frankenstein. Honestly if i was you id sell it and buy another car. A gts shell with an rb25det will get you into all hell with the law. Brakes, suspension, registration info will all be out of whack with this motor in that shell.

Haha yea it is a frankenstein but its running alot better now, its all certed for the engine swap, has 4 pot front brakes and 2 pot rears and adjustable suspension. And i just got it a fresh warrant of fitness no problem haha

Edited by rb25debt

• 5 years later...

I never read each and ever post but heres what I would do, 1 figure out what your boosting frosure for more reasons than one, 2 add a lip where pipe is popping off. 3 hair spray the joint and try and spray a little air inbetween the cupler and the pipe helps dry the hair spray and really grabs(old bike grib trick).  then ditch all the t clamps you have cause there shit and unnecesarry and grab some normal worm clamps tighten them down and give it a shot. no need to over think the issue....