SAU Community

The Automatic Performance Thread

Nengun site so I'm not sure who/what translated it. Would be good to get a hold of some complete info. I had a look around for V specific info the other day to see if this was a feature on all F-CON models but didn't turn up anything.

its always goign to take a second or so to change gears on full throttle changes.. that's the way the nissan gearbox is

if you want to change that, then a shift kit is a great investment :)

If your are interested here is a xls file of raw data and graphs from Newkleers LCD Box and NissanDataScan software that I did the other day trying to sort out some problems.

It shows the timing cut and change from first to second at near 7000RPM.

The Auto has been modded with a firmer shift plate and Kevlar clutches, 2800RPM stall etc.

BTW this is with ECU ERROR 34 - Knock Sensor showing all the time.

Can anyone tell me the implications of this error on the ECU maps and general operation of the engine under this fault condition?

BTW this is with ECU ERROR 34 - Knock Sensor showing all the time.

Can anyone tell me the implications of this error on the ECU maps and general operation of the engine under this fault condition?

Sorry I cant give you a definite answer on this, but logic would say that:

Knock sensor not working = ECU assumes engine knocking (just to be safe and avoid a waranty claim)

therefore retard some timing.

HOWEVER - if you have set the timing when this was faulty you may have already compensated for the retard, but removed the safety measure on the rare occasion you get bad fuel or heat soak in the intercooler.

Well I have bought most of the parts and have gone with a PFC. I would have gone with an F-CON but no one in Vic tunes them. So I should have all the parts within a week or two but might wait til Jan to do the install. Depends on when I have a bit more cash to get the spare turbo rebuilt and pay for some of the install and tune. I'll be installing as much of it myself as possible but lets face it, I'm an IT tech not a mechanic. I can do a service, change plugs and coils but fuel pump and injectors and I have visions of exploding cars.

*edit...is there a seperate ecu for the auto transmission? or is it all inside the engine ecu?(front left of passenger seat)

for r32gts-t's

Edited by RSTME

• 1 month later...
Glad I found this thread... I will add my Datsun 120Y that has a RB20DET auto

Engine has

20thou forgies

Walbro + Bosch 044 & surge tank

GTR ingectors

Stock AFM just before the throttle body

3" exhaust

Garrett GT35R 0.63 exhaust

38mm Turbonetics external gate

Auto has

MV shift kit

MV manual shift controller

B&M pro ratchet shifter

4200 stall converter

trans cooler

185 kw

I could only find my 13.1 @ 113 timeslip from yesterday but it has done a 12.9 @ 113.

Best 60 foot is a 2.25

I use 205x50x16 Toyo R1-R and a 3.7 lsd diff.

I have been told I have the incorrect type of muffler fitted and i need a straight through design.... Damn restrictive V8 muffs.

post-24062-1162824263.jpg post-24062-1162824293.jpg post-24062-1162824441.jpg

Well after finally getting a half decent converter in, last night i did a 11.89 @ 112mph.... 1.71 60 foot time.

I will upload the time slip in the next couple of days :)

Here is a pic ..

post-24062-1168510492.jpg

Update, the new fuel system netted a massive 157rwkw!

We lost AFR readings at 5000rpm...they dropped off way past 10:1

The new turbo/bleed valve combo won't hold boost either, this should all be fixed in the next 2 weeks with some nice figures to attach :wave:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...