SAU Community

The Automatic Performance Thread

Hi

My car has been above 250kws with the stock trans (+ shift kit and trans cooler) for 18 months running a PFC and has worked very well. The last 6 months it's been above 300 kws . In the interest of getting a high stall, i got Mike at MV auto's to strip my stock trans and do the full rebuild / high stall job. this includes all new larger bands etc.

Now for all the non believers out there that say the PFC wont shift correctly etc. wheres your proof?

When Mike disassembled my stock trans he found that everything inside was in great nick and was all well within specs.

So what other proof does anyone need that the PFC wont harm a S1 auto trans.

i have also installed a set of poncams and backed the boost off to 21psi for smack on 300kws but massive amounts of torque and with the gt3582r-iw im getting 7psi by 3000rpm "Go the auto"

cheers

darren

post-24852-1174376871.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well at a recent drag meet put on by another car forum I have done a PB for the 1/4 mile.

11.08 @ 118mph

Im stoked with this time and now i want a 10 before i get rid of the Nissan engine management. I was able to leave the line with 13psi.

Cheers

Steve

post-24062-1177538768.jpg

post-24062-1177538830.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
RB25+HKS 2535

R33 GTS-t Auto + MV Shift Kit

450 cc Injectors, HKS 256/264 Cams, Wolf3D, etc.

Best ET [email protected] with balding 205 tyres,

this turbo can get you mid 12s with the right suspension and tyres

Editted first post PLUS

Same car, except RB30+HKS 3037 Pro S

435.1rwHp @ 21 psi

[email protected]

With overdrive OFF, it was hitting the rev limitter at top of 3rd Gear

with overdrive ON reached 121.45Mph

'95 R33 GTS-T Auto

PFC

Tomei 740cc injectors

Slide max oversize RB25 turbo

turbo-back exhaust

Walbro pump

Splitfires

FMIC

PRofec B spec-II

Z32 AFM

Adj cam gear

229rwkw at Racepace yesterday however it made 245rwkw but wasn't happy, too much knock. Needs a bigger housing on the turbo according to Ben.

dyno.jpg

Edited by DivHunter

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know i don't have a Skyline, but i do have a Automatic toyota Chaser. It is making 230rwkw on 15psi and i finally ran mine the other night and got a 12.95@110 mph. My 2.134 60fts were ok but my single spinner diff is holding me back. I'll get the diff done, and get some street slicks, and see if i can get that 60ft down to something respectable. With say a 1.9 60ft time and the speed i'm trapping at now, that should put me into mid to low 12's. Not too bad for a daily driver :P

• 4 weeks later...

i'll add mine. 1995 r33 gtst

with a highflow panel it pulled 145.8 rwkw at RE Customs. the green line is the constant 7 psi boost and the red is factory. she's running fairly rich

the car has now got a trust PE2 catback and will have a full zorst and bleed valve in a few weeks. also will be adding a trans cooler soon and a shift kit later down the track. i'll post up another dyno run when the stuff goes on

dyno10001ht2.th.jpgdyno2pk9.th.jpg

184.5rwkw (248rwhp) @11psi with

FMIC

Turbo back 3" exhuast

Hi Flow Cat

Pod Filter ( :( )

22 dollar ebay boost controller

SAFCII

Custom Intercooler pipe kit (swapped the piping over from the usual set up)

Have a stage 2 shift kit, ordering 2800-3000 torque convertor on tuesday.

Then next year i get serious, new turbo, rebuild etc

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys , anyone got any new updates ? I ended up hurting the auto (so i though, made noise as you load it up etc during a circuit sprint) , but it turned out to actually be the bloddy hiflow turbo..... of course i figured that one out AFTER i spent over 3K getting Mike doing the toughen up on the auto. Went up to a 3500 stall too. box wasn't to far before it was toast anyway.

Then spent 2.5K on a custom Turbonetics BB to fit into the vg30 rear housing.

Its been 3 months and i've been so busy i haven't had a chance to retune it to suit new turbo..... so thats on its way.... hope to get over the 260 rwkw we made previously. Will let you know how i go soon.

Any of the couple of guys on here at the top had experience with how much you can flow thru a vg30 housing ? and or the std log manifold... anyone had one extrude honed/power ported ?

Gary