SAU Community

Trouble Selling Cars?

Rb20_4valve

took couple of months to sell my R33

annoying thing was i paid over $100 for the auto trader 1 week prior to the sale then i get 3 buyers wanted to look after ive sold it

im guessing its all random luck and imports are getting alot cheaper as people are importing ship loads of them

mines been advertise for almost two months now:

autotrader

carsales

sunda times

every forum i can think of

just time wasters ..... but the market is flooded wiht skylines so just got to be patient i guess.

Then again a friend of mine tried o sell his jeep and that took 2 months to sell too.

Yer u might be right. From waht ive seen though teh imports tend to have lower kms (60k or so) vs teh 100k or so on locals.

Though you are right that u can drive teh car now and have less chance of getting lemon. Importers tend to get good cars though most of the time.

perhaps take it off the market for a few weeks and those 'lookers' will think its sold then re-advertise it??

I was also told (took 3mnths to sell my cruiser) that when someone calls act as if you don't want to sell.... People always want what they (think) they can't have :laugh:

ive had my car for semi-sale for a few months now, ive had lots of calls, but no one wants to pay what im asking for it.

ie. i had a guy ring up last week offering me $14,500 for my car, because there are lots of 33's for around that price.

i guess he doesnt realise they have a pod and cat back, whereas mine has a few more dollars spent.

*shrug* im in no great rush to sell it! i just want my god damn bike to stop being delayed :P

• 1 month later...

Not an import thing mate, i know a couple mates tryign to sell imports and a couple more selling 4 cyl and none are seeling, i recently sold my other car a v8 but was very lucky to get rid of it:

took me 2 months and advertised on carsales n a few other places...

good luck dude, mite have to trade.. :laugh:

try ebay. the car might not actually sell on bids, but you will get interested parties contacting you, inspecting the car etc.

i've sold a few thru ebay, but always as a private sale outside of ebay bidding.

costs you about 5 bucks to list it.