SAU Community

R32 Gtr Vs Gts-t

Im new to the whole skyline thing but not new to cars...

Are their any difference between the door panels or other panels like the boot lid or bonnet on the R32 GTR and the R32 GTS-T?

OR are they exactly the same, and the only difference is in the engine and the 4wd?

And does the RB20DET found in the GTS-t have the same Power potential as RB26DET found in the GTR?

I would love an RB26DET but I want a RWD car so that is why Im going for the GTS-t

Edited by Shadow01

have a quick look through the forum mate, will show you all the answers you'd be looking for. and the rb26 is far more better then the rb20. if you wanted RWD...you still could have gotten the GTR, and either bought a torque converter or if its a r32 GTR then just pull the fuse out...easy :D

CJ

I havent gotten any car yet, im just wondering what the differences were...

So if I had a R32 GTR I would be able to make it RWD just by taking a fuse out? can you explain this to me in detail, cause i wanna learn as much about the car as I can before I buy one.

Edited by Shadow01

Running a GTR in RWD defeats the prupose of owning a GTR IMHO...

Personally id go the GTS-T and with the money saved from not buying an all round "healthy" GTR do an engine conversion. Or to make it appear STOCK a 2.4L stroker or even just a 2.2L, a respray and some suspension work. That would make a fairly respectible street car.

have a quick look through the forum mate, will show you all the answers you'd be looking for. and the rb26 is far more better then the rb20. if you wanted RWD...you still could have gotten the GTR, and either bought a torque converter or if its a r32 GTR then just pull the fuse out...easy :D

CJ

That's how you get a heavy RWD car.

If you want RWD then a GTST will be the way you want to go if you want something well balanced. But yes, the front and rear guards, bonnet and grill as well as body kit/rear spoiler (obvious one) are all different. Using GTR guards will allow for lower offset/wider rims, which means more track, and more grip, and the alloy gtr bonnet is lighter. But all these parts aren't exactly cheap, and you'd only really need to put them on a GTST if you're pretty serious about taking it to the track.

So yes, a GTST with GTR guards and bonnet coupled with an RB26 will be a much better RWD car than a GTR in RDW only mode, and would probably be faster around the track in the dry than a regular GTR. But it's not cheap, you'd be looking at more than the average price of a GTR for a GTST and then this kind of conversion taking into account the rims, brakes and everything too. But IMO it would be worth it for someone who's serious about what they want.

If you've never owned a performance or turbo car before then the RB20DET GTST will be more than enough to have some fun in. GTRs have much more potential, but also heavier and more expensive to maintain/repair. GTRs have aluminium bonnet and front guards, wider rear guards, and different front bar.

Well owning a bmw I dont think the cost could be that bad!

I would rather have the GTR as it has the more power potential, And is there any common problems found in the R32 GTR. I have searched and been reading around the forum for a while now even though its 4 or 5th post

And does the RB20DET found in the GTS-t have the same Power potential as RB26DET found in the GTR?

I would love an RB26DET but I want a RWD car so that is why Im going for the GTS-t

no such thing as rb26det :P it a rb26dett <TWO turbo's not 1

and as for rb20det being able to get same power figures as rb26dett just think that the rb26dett is 1/5th larger in capacity and has 1more turbo i think you would be pushing sh** uphill with a pitchfork getting same power figures

it's not just the extra potential that the rb26, but they have a butt load more power in stock form. the rb20 is the least powerful of the skyline motors. get a gts-t then put a rb25det in it, or get a r33 gts-t. they are a touch heavier (about 50kg) but make up for it by having more power.

I would rather have the GTR as it has the more power potential, And is there any common problems found in the R32 GTR. I have searched and been reading around the forum for a while now even though its 4 or 5th post

i call furphies!

There is a wealth of info around this forum mate :P

Might pay you to search for a little while longer as some of the questions your asking are pretty basic/common knowledge type of questions.

The common RB26 problems are covered in loads of detail in Forced Induction and other areas.

The fuse/RWD is definately covered also :O

You might not get a lot of answers, as people have replied/answered in the past and often wont do it 5 or 6 times.

Good luck with your decision.

If you are looking for a rwd car but like the GTR just buy a GTR. They drive like a rwd car anyway. The ATTESA in R32s isnt as sharp as later kodels and often the 4wd only kicks in when you are already upside dopwn into a wall :P

R32 GTRs drive very much like rwd cars. Drive one and you will be stoked.

no such thing as rb26det :P it a rb26dett <TWO turbo's not 1

I got a RB26DET :O

go the GTR... you will regret buying a gts-t after time. You can still get the best of both worlds... just wire up a fun switch in cabin for 2WD.

how does it work more like a RWD? So it is possible to sit a burnout without the front wheels getting involved ?

I would also like to know what petrol the GTR uses?

Edited by Shadow01