SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

I'm at nearly 400ks for this current tank and it's getting damn close to fuel light time. I reckon I'll just nick 400 when it comes on. I would expect better for the driving I do (works out to be around 15l/100ks).

Mostly suburb driving. Still haven't figured out what my crappy miss is. Starting to lean towards coil packs. Might try gapping my plugs down and see if that helps a bit.

there is a procedure to get the stock ecu to flash it out

or buy a new one

check your pcv grommet, mine was cactus and made it idle a little off

there is a procedure to get the stock ecu to flash it out

or buy a new one

check your pcv grommet, mine was cactus and made it idle a little off

I've got a PFC.

Haven't checked the PCV yet.

Back from out little Cobram camping trip yesterday...

Filled up with 74.52L. Trip said I had covered 964kms.

12.9km/L or roughly 7.8L/100 :)

Downside was that there is a section of my current map that dumps fuel like no other (can see the economy drop 5-6km/L on the leaf almost instantly) and causes a "Bank 1 too rich" (0172) CEL. Just pull over and clear it. Doesn't pop up again unless I forget where it is (throttle pedal position at certain speeds).

Didn't show up at all yesterday :D

Downside was that there is a section of my current map that dumps fuel like no other (can see the economy drop 5-6km/L on the leaf almost instantly) and causes a "Bank 1 too rich" (0172) CEL. Just pull over and clear it. Doesn't pop up again unless I forget where it is (throttle pedal position at certain speeds).

That's bloody good economy Cam!:thumbsup:

Has yours been on a dyno yet, or are you just running a "Guesstimate" tune atm?

Be very careful Cam... your economy is better than my car and I know I am running lean.

That's bloody good economy Cam!:thumbsup:

Has yours been on a dyno yet, or are you just running a "Guesstimate" tune atm?

Yes. It was an a dyno for a tune, but had a clogged fuel filter (prob the one from factory as I'd never changed mine).

Massively lean above 4500rpm but below that the AFR's were "good", so it was only tuned below 4500rpm

Filter changed last week and my normal economy of 9.7km/L dropped to 9.3km/L (same driving) and was much more difficult to keep high.

Seems very lean Cam, want to borrow my spare wideband?

Yes, will need to work out a time to come over methinks.

Be very careful Cam... your economy is better than my car and I know I am running lean.

So I hear :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just managing to squeeze 200 ks out of 30 lts of premium just city driving , this seems like it could b better , only had the car for a short while ( 250 t rs four ) aero pack , really enjoying the ride but would like some better economy , can you make any adjustments on the trip comp to the leaness or do you advise a run on the dyno , it's due for a service in a couple of months what should they be doing to improve economy

I'm just managing to squeeze 200 ks out of 30 lts of premium just city driving , this seems like it could b better , only had the car for a short while ( 250 t rs four ) aero pack , really enjoying the ride but would like some better economy , can you make any adjustments on the trip comp to the leaness or do you advise a run on the dyno , it's due for a service in a couple of months what should they be doing to improve economy

You cant tune without some method of adjusting the timing and injector pulses, like an emanage or Fcon. Even then you will find on cruise there is little improvement in economy as the stock ecu does a very good job of it anyway. It has to, to pass the emissions test.

As far as making it all run as sweet as you can, change the o2 sensor in the exhaust, get your injectors cleaned and flow tested and run a good quality oil and all should be well. :cheers: