SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

mine must have something not really running right cause i only get 270-300 out of a tank of 98 octane, mind you it's all stop start driving and my right foot weighs a tonne so i dunno. Front mount, 3 inch cat back, and a mushroom shaped filter. Any comments??

mine must have something not really running right cause i only get 270-300 out of a tank of 98 octane, mind you it's all stop start driving and my right foot weighs a tonne so i dunno. Front mount, 3 inch cat back, and a mushroom shaped filter. Any comments??

change the filter, not the best flow, but the worst filtration

also, check your o2 sensor (or have it checked), just find someone with a consult cable

Air Filter Shoot Out.pdf

definitely something wrong, check for boost leaks and go from there

o2 sensor will cause bad fuel consumption but not that bad

could also be leaking injectors or even bigger injectors (jap fitted) that just run with the stock ecu (but i doubt this)

It's got a PFC but I don't know what the tune is like.

To be honest, I suspect there may be a fuel leak. The turbo whine sounds very, very different to my R33 and I have a feeling what I can hear is actually compressed air escaping.

The guy who owned it before me said a few issues arose after he put the FMIC on it. It fouls plugs like a bastardo. The ones in it have done about 150ks and it's already starting to struggle at full throttle. I also noticed today that with the eboost turned right down, it's struggling to achieve 6psi of boost. It was comfortably boosting to 7psi which is stock.

It's got a PFC but I don't know what the tune is like.

To be honest, I suspect there may be a fuel leak. The turbo whine sounds very, very different to my R33 and I have a feeling what I can hear is actually compressed air escaping.

The guy who owned it before me said a few issues arose after he put the FMIC on it. It fouls plugs like a bastardo. The ones in it have done about 150ks and it's already starting to struggle at full throttle. I also noticed today that with the eboost turned right down, it's struggling to achieve 6psi of boost. It was comfortably boosting to 7psi which is stock.

sounds like you have a few issues there

you'd smell a fuel leak

prob a boost leak

then get a touch up tune and make sure they re-activate the o2 sensor

In my rx m35 driving home from work through hills and lights screen is telling me between 7.9/9.2km/l. so bout 11 - 13.2 lts per 100km. Just driving normal keeping of boost as much as possible. Cant help up hills though. Not too bad I think. For a stock as a rock with only k&n panel filter

change the filter, not the best flow, but the worst filtration

also, check your o2 sensor (or have it checked), just find someone with a consult cable

had a quick look at afm appears the clippy bit on the plug is broken so nothing actually holding the plug in tight, probably be the problem. Now to find a new plug to wire in, none on ebay atm tho.

i just did 553kms in my m35 on e10 with some mods done and i also had a play as well.not too bad i thought

What mods have you done out of curiosity?

That's pretty good economy. Was it mainly highway driving or a bit of 'peak hour' thrown in there?

I thought that was about average for a mix of city & highway.thumbsup.gif

Even with my leaden clog, that's fairly achievable. How do you find it on e10? I tried running our daily on it; but the car just didn't agree with it, so I never even tried the Stagea.

I've run mine on e10 100oct since I bought it and works a treat.

I've never even seen 100 octane e10 in my locale, only povvo 91 octane.

And it's shite.

my stags on bp ulitmate, with a pod, exhaust, intercooler and nistune and i get 650km to a tank. i usually get 300km to half a tank on a hills run, then 350km driving normal

Over the last few days did a return trip to Canberra. Since I last posted my economy on the last trip of 11.3L/100km and 9.3L/100km I have made a couple of mods.

I have installed a new larger suction pipe and installed Scotts special turbo actuator that has an additional spring fitted to it to keep the waste gate closed on low rpm and hold boost to high rpm.

This last trip got 11.3L/100km on the Sydney - Canberra leg and included 5 days commuting in Canberra.

Return trip from Goulburn - West Ryde where I filled up was 9.0L/100km. I saw a low of 8.6L/100km before I got into Sydney traffic.

I have an Exhaust Gas Temperature probe fitted and can see with these mods that car is running a little leaner on cruise with temps ranging from 400 - 700 degrees.

Nice one Andy. Quality info. Like the temp probe in the zorst!

Are you running a scotty special dump too, or factory?

Not a scott dump but a Westside one that was modeled off a Dolphin one that Craig bought.

I have a full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back.

I've never even seen 100 octane e10 in my locale, only povvo 91 octane.

And it's shite.

All the United servos in SA have E10 100oct. While I was there today I noticed they have now dropped boost 98 e10 and replaced it with e85!!! Going to fill the jerry cans tonight to run the 180SX on it, hello 300 + rwkw :) and all on 18psi with a gt2871r!

Edited by slippylotion