SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

All the United servos in SA have E10 100oct. While I was there today I noticed they have now dropped boost 98 e10 and replaced it with e85!!! Going to fill the jerry cans tonight to run the 180SX on it, hello 300 + rwkw :) and all on 18psi with a gt2871r!

Series? They only just got the 100 octane E10 back. Now they're getting E85?! YEAH!

Dale, no issues running the 100 octane E10. Car seems to run a bit better on it actually!

The dry spell for 100e10 was due to the floods in qld months ago, csr didn't have enough sugar cane for ethanol.

There's nothing in it between 98 e10 and 100e10 as last time I had my 180 on the dyno it wouldn't take any more timing and power stayed the same at 270rwkw.

Edited by slippylotion

it was a mix of city & highway,the mods i have are high flow turbo(stockish) high flow cat hdi inter-cooler and a k&n high flow panel air filter.ill be doing the same trip this weekend and ill try some 98 and see what i get this time around.

What mods have you done out of curiosity?

That's pretty good economy. Was it mainly highway driving or a bit of 'peak hour' thrown in there?

i get 350kms on 98 if im lucky.. neo rb25, gtr-s, nistune(untuned, but have afew different tuned maps) cooler, pod, exhaust, stock boost and with my mrs driving..

I'm in the same boat as you, I get in the 300-350km range a tank. GT35, nistune, exhaust, injectors, etc, etc. On the highway it's ok, I get to the 500 mark.

Doesn't bother me at all, my weekly average k's are about 60-70km. Some times it's 3 weeks between servo visits.

I'm in the same boat as you, I get in the 300-350km range a tank. GT35, nistune, exhaust, injectors, etc, etc. On the highway it's ok, I get to the 500 mark.

Doesn't bother me at all, my weekly average k's are about 60-70km. Some times it's 3 weeks between servo visits.

Jealous :action-smiley-069:

sounds like you have a few issues there

you'd smell a fuel leak

prob a boost leak

then get a touch up tune and make sure they re-activate the o2 sensor

Woops, I meant to say boost leak.

Jealous :action-smiley-069:

lol. it helps when work is 5km away and a shopping complex just down the road. i don't have to travel far to get where i'm going. it kinda makes the high fuel consumption not hurt the pocket as much. if i had to travel some of the distances you guys do i'd probably be on here complaining about it lol. but then, you don't buy a performance import for good fuel economy.

my stags on bp ulitmate, with a pod, exhaust, intercooler and nistune and i get 650km to a tank. i usually get 300km to half a tank on a hills run, then 350km driving normal

wow funny how your getting some 150 more then most RSV most are around 500 averge per tank ,

most of the autos are 400 too 450 if alls sweet,

if i have a run in hills i do half a tank to 150ks,

many say normal driving ,if your in Perth normal driving is next set of lights to get to speed limit pinch.gif ,

i hope to have a play with nistune & hope i may get 500 per tanks ,

Thats not normal driving :whistling:

PLEASE STATE IF C34,

AS VOLVO DRIVERS KEEP POSTING THERES :rolleyes:

PLEASE STATE IF C34,

very easy to tell look in 'Cars' section under picture of the writer, left side of screen <<< will tell you what they own haha probs get shot for this next bit but aren't all m35's auto therefore making all m35 drivers too lazy to change gears so probs to lazy to have a look that way <<< as well. Joking everybody!!! Only wrote this cause someone had to stick up for us C34 drivers :nyaanyaa:

aren't all m35's auto

Nope! Just the ones we can import :P They didnt produce a VQ25DET AWD Manual version of the M35 either, which makes the conversion process trickier. Some of the guys are looking in to it though :)

PLEASE STATE IF C34,

Are you suggesting Chuckie that the C34 does not look like a Volvo?? :rofl2:

that would be a total fantasy to think that.. lol

PLEASE STATE IF C34,

HAhahahhaha.. I've never understood the C34 VS M35 family fight. They are both Nissans FFS!

BOTH look like Volvos. One looks like an old volvo and one looks like a new one. :cheers:

Why can't we just get along??? :3some:

I can understand C34 owners getting upset when M35 owners rub the C34 noses in our glorious 5 speed auto box, more leg room, less cabin noise, better weight distribution, newer technology, better handling, better interior, better ride, more room in the back, better stock power and better fuel economy....... :devil:

:ph34r:

I can understand C34 owners getting upset when M35 owners rub the C34 noses in our glorious 5 speed auto box, more leg room, less cabin noise, better weight distribution, newer technology, better handling, better interior, better ride, more room in the back, better stock power and better fuel economy....... :devil:

so just better in general?? :P

thats what happens when a car is 5 year newer. it has newer technology. for its time, the C34 is a fantastic car.

its like the whole R23/33/34 S13/14/15 arguments!!

Stagea cruise I was averaging about 11.7L/100km which I was happy about.

Back at work the last week & city driving, it went up to about 12.4L/100km. I drive on the Kings Highway to work through Queanbeyan, nice hills on that road as well as some stupid native fauna.

Engine & turbo are stock. Mods are HKS pod filter with heat shield, ARC FMIC, running 10 psi low boost. High is set to 14 psi but I never flick the switch over much now, unless I am stuck behing some annoying slow driver on the way to/from work & I need to overtake.