SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

That is rubbish economy mate, what do you get if you do the same driving on 98 (I believe you have a switch so you can manually select the fuel you are using, yes?)

that would make it $60 for 600kms

still cheaper than a full tank of 98 for about $90 to get you about 500kms..

that would make it $60 for 600kms

still cheaper than a full tank of 98 for about $90 to get you about 500kms..

Still cheaper, yes... but I'd be stopping every day for another tank of LPG!

Where you getting your 98 from? Last time I filled the tank (last week) is cost me $108 :dry:

but that was 620kms ago (the light just came on this morning, so I should get at least another 80kms out of it :P)

Still cheaper, yes... but I'd be stopping every day for another tank of LPG!

Where you getting your 98 from? Last time I filled the tank (last week) is cost me $108 :dry:

but that was 620kms ago (the light just came on this morning, so I should get at least another 80kms out of it :P)

oh yeh your highway trip rights. see what you mean.

lol $108?? it hasnt been THAT long since I put fuel right?

but you get amazing economy lol

98RON here is around 1.45-1.50 a litre here, id be lucky to get away with $90 fillups.

yeh this is around what i was putting last. cheapest i saw i think was 1.37

oh yeh your highway trip rights. see what you mean.

lol $108?? it hasnt been THAT long since I put fuel right?

but you get amazing economy lol

Non-highway driving kills me, all my driving is stop start short trips of 2-10km, or hills driving with no option to maintain a consistent speed. Whats 'economy' >_< Id say im still running quite rich mind you, almost ready for a tune - getting tired of seeing a nice ploom of black in my rear view mirror when I take off :whistling:

yeh this is around what i was putting last. cheapest i saw i think was 1.37

Wow, at that price I'd bring back a tanker! Up here our 91 Octane E10 is 5c/lt dearer than that.

Wow, at that price I'd bring back a tanker! Up here our 91 Octane E10 is 5c/lt dearer than that.

cheapest i ever saw lol..

like once.

e85 is like 1.15 haha suck :nyaanyaa:

Cam - yeah the economy is pretty bad.

On 98 I get around 14Lp/100km around town. 10Lp/100km on the freeway.

I expected probably a max 15% increase in consumption but looks like I've gone to 30% in consumption...so while the price/km ratio is still a shitloads better then 98, its definately not delivery what was advertised by the ALPGW mob :domokun:

I wonder if there's a freaking leak in the system...cos it feels like it!

yeh. if its in cold start, car runs richer.

cold start is caused by the coolant temp sensor reading cold.

im sure you know it - but its for cold morning starts etc..

Ah, that makes sense!

I'll see if this 02 sensor does anything for me then go from there, I'm happy to accept 14-15L/100km with all round driving, but 20+ is just wrong.

Ah, that makes sense!

I'll see if this 02 sensor does anything for me then go from there, I'm happy to accept 14-15L/100km with all round driving, but 20+ is just wrong.

yeh my o2 sensor was my problem.

plugged in it would run so poorly that it would pop on idle. im guessing near about flooding, and completely missfiring 3000rpm +

unplugged it was fine.

so i ditched it and tuned..

Just filled up with 95 for $1.42/litre so I will see what mine is when I fill up again.

Haven't measured it before but I noticed I got 220km from just over 1/4 tank (from 1/2 way, down to 1/4), so I reckon I should get 600 from a tank

I get about 400kms a tank since i got the car back to Adelaide. I think that works out to about 20l/100, or 5km/l for those with the leaf!

The novelty of the turbo hasnt worn off yet though, so there has been a bit of fun...

Im running the car on 100 octane e10, i have a servo down the road and there are a fair few in SA. Last night cost me $1.50/l.

Hmm... thought I was doing well since concentrating on driving economically (not necessarily slow).

Filled up last night - 70.4L with 749kms on the ODO :)

Still cost me $116 to fill up though :pirate:

Latest road trip recorded the following fuel economy. Loaded with 4 people and all luggage.

Sydney - Canberra (towing a 7 x 4 box trailer with 4 bikes mounted on top) = 15L/100km

Canberra - Albury (via The Alpine Way) = 14.2L/100km.

Albury (2 days commuting) - Goulburn = 11.7L/100km

Goulburn - Ryde = 9.2L/100km

Pretty happy with results. :)

That's excellent Andy - each leg was better than the one before. Did you ditch the trailer for the return, drive more economical on the way home or did the ECU learn something new? :)

That's excellent Andy - each leg was better than the one before. Did you ditch the trailer for the return, drive more economical on the way home or did the ECU learn something new? :)

Ditched the trailer at Canberra. A mate took it home as I was heading on to Albury.

Went from from heavy towing load, to mountain roads to Freeway... that was the difference.

I'm getting 14L/100KM with my 250RS.

Running on Caltex 95, 50/50 Norm/Sports Mode

Can get higher open road driving, like I got from Hamilton to Wellington(535km) then back half way on a tank, around town is a shocker though.

Hmm... thought I was doing well since concentrating on driving economically (not necessarily slow).

Filled up last night - 70.4L with 749kms on the ODO :)

Still cost me $116 to fill up though :pirate:

WTF. Man, thats awesome economy!

I have 550km on the ODO and the light has just come on... and this tank includes a trip down the coast on highways.

I find out l/100km tomorrow when I fill up.

Seems pretty shit, even if I get 75 litres in, it will still be around 13.5 L/100km

Don't want to know what my fuel consumption is now I'm running 240kw with a 3076. Still needs further tuning tho, thanks to a boost leak ... which will affect the fuel economy also. :(