SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just done the 1st tank in my RS4S and i got 13.55L per 100km and thats including some...enthusiastic driving :P

Bog stock standed WOOT

Edited by BR11GY

• 1 month later...

Did you notice any improvement in fuel economy?

Cheers,

Fabio

I bought the K&N filter today so I will see how it goes.

On the M35 airbox there is a slot at the leading edge of the bonnet for cold air but on the front edge of the airbox there is another pannel that can remved opening up the front of the airbox. I have noticed on the V35 that this section is also open and sealed to only let cold air in. Would removing this section help improve the airflow and potential power? post-41854-1199513559_thumb.jpg

Did you notice any improvement in fuel economy?

Cheers,

Fabio

Doesn't really make any difference to fuel economy, but does increase intake/ turbo spooling noise.

im managing to squeeze out 350per tank just before the light comes on.

and thats squirting it every chance i get - with a tuned 230kw.

I was only getting 200 out of a full tank previous - and driving like a grandma..

im managing to squeeze out 350per tank just before the light comes on.

Have you worked out L/100kms now? And from memory there's at least 20L left in the tank when the light comes on. Your previous figures are about the worst I've seen!

Have you worked out L/100kms now? And from memory there's at least 20L left in the tank when the light comes on. Your previous figures are about the worst I've seen!

nah, i probably never will, my screens been disabled when i took the GPS rom out and replaced it with an eManage.

yeh when the emanage was installed it was only tuned to get me to the dyno - anything above 4000rpm would just misfire and streams of black smoke out of the exhaust.

Cihan fixed it, so i could drive up to EDGE motorworks for a tune, and i've been getting heaps out of a tank now. with twice the power i do like my car now.

lol.... how so?

More air = more fuel

Well you claimed it was better!

Benefits!

#1 Noticeable ease in which the car accelerates and builds revs (even with the OEM dump pipe still on).

#2 More power. Definitely more power.

#2 Whilst the car does use more fuel when accelerating at a decent rate, economy has increased considerably. Particularly whilst cruising!

...I have MUCH better fuel economy thus far (will continue to test as the batch of fuel may have had something to do with it), ...

http://www.m35stagea...c.php?f=20&t=16

You tell me :nyaanyaa:

Was it really the fuel in the end?

Edited by ironpaw

In my mind, better efficiency = better economy BUT only if measured under same driving conditions. So for example, the new suction pipe teamed up with big exhaust should return better economy if driven as the same speed or rate of acceleration as before. The hard part is to not use the extra "efficiency" all the time which would wipe out most/all the economy gains :)

I am averaging 11.9L/100km on the highway, and around 14-16L/100km around town with the following set up;

RS-Four S Manual

3" Turbo Back Exhaust

Cooling Pro Stealth Intercooler

Nistune Computer

12psi Boost

(185kW @ All fours)

Well you claimed it was better!

As quoted

"Whilst the car does use more fuel when accelerating at a decent rate, economy has increased considerably. Particularly whilst cruising!"

I do a lot of cruising.

How do you drive it? If you drive like Craig your economy will go to shit. If you cruise around 100kph, it will be better.

Doesn't your emanage have two settings eco and race? When you say heaps how many KMs are you getting? I'm doing dump pipe and front pipe fairly soon and I might consider doing the emanage afterwards...

specially if I can have two settings economical and race... my basic understanding is that emanage is able to control pressure of turbo as well as fuel, air etc....

Please let me know if you recommend that for someone that 90% of the time drives very easy and usually doesn;t go above 3000 rpm.

Cheers

nah, i probably never will, my screens been disabled when i took the GPS rom out and replaced it with an eManage.

yeh when the emanage was installed it was only tuned to get me to the dyno - anything above 4000rpm would just misfire and streams of black smoke out of the exhaust.

Cihan fixed it, so i could drive up to EDGE motorworks for a tune, and i've been getting heaps out of a tank now. with twice the power i do like my car now.

Whats wrong with your right foot?

The Emanage doesn't have a boost controller built in.

If you want low down response, stick to smaller sized highflow wheels.

Dont go much bigger than the stock wheels unless you want to spend the coin on a gearbox build, injectors, fuel pump, intake and 3 inch exhaust.

Thanks Scott

I mean I'm doing the dump pipe and front pipe to improve the turbo lagging I don't really want to make my 1800 kg car into a race car but I wouldn't mind taking the turbo pressure up to it's limits with the stuck fuel pump.. (I believe turbo can go to 1.2 bar with the current fuel system)

If I install a boost controller don't I need to tune air and fuel to work accordingly with the new pressure? I though emanage would do all that for me at once nor two devices...

I saw some emanage units on ebay in US going quite cheap that's why I was wondering doing that....

Nothing wrong with my foot the other 10% surely it's to take the most of my engine.... commuting to and from work + suburb driving takes most of my driving...

Question: did you keep the cat in your front pipe? the guy from the shop was pointing that it's illegal etc... but how often are you gonna run into this sort of check???

Cheers

Whats wrong with your right foot?

The Emanage doesn't have a boost controller built in.

If you want low down response, stick to smaller sized highflow wheels.

Dont go much bigger than the stock wheels unless you want to spend the coin on a gearbox build, injectors, fuel pump, intake and 3 inch exhaust.

Edited by FHF

You had better do some searches, there is not that much information on here as only 3 or 4 cars have been successfully tuned so far. Im guessing that unless you can find a competent Emanage ultimate tuner up in Sydney, you will have to trek down to Melbourne for your tune.

The emanage ultimate wont improve your off boost economy by much, the stock map is pretty efficient. M35's run rich on boost, by leaning it out a bit there is a fair bit more power for free.

The stock turbo isnt reliable at the stock boost level, let alone bumping it up, save for a steel wheel highflow.

I have heard of heaps of Sydney-siders running catless front pipes, Down here were too scared of the plod. A 4 inch body 100cpsi metal cat will flow well over 300awkw I know for a fact. :)

In Sydney I haven't been checked once and I ran straight pipe for over 2 years. Was loud as hell. So long as you don't do anything stupid like sit in Liverpool crispy kreme carpark on fri-sat night. I only seen them check volume twice. Once on the old PAC. The other was near the airport. Still no emission check.