SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

Have been looking at M35 info. Is there a twin turbo model available and is it able to be complied?

Nope. The only turbo model was from 2001-2004 and is the VQ25det.

Feel free to get one and add another turbo if you wish though :rolleyes:

Nope. The only turbo model was from 2001-2004 and is the VQ25det.

Feel free to get one and add another turbo if you wish though :rolleyes:

There is one advertised in carsales in Qld. A dealer, says "Twin Turbo". Check it out.

There is one advertised in carsales in Qld. A dealer, says "Twin Turbo". Check it out.

Sorry Hugh.

Just a standard RS with the factory Aero kit and a Dolphin grill.

Considering all the piping is stock, there is no way he could be running an additional turbo in there.

Edited by iamhe77

maybe you should make an offer and then ask where the 2nd turbo is? Make them install it.... it would really go then

Please excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't see it.

I was talking with Northshore Prestige yesterday and they said they've now got approval for compliance of the VQ35DE engine (and that they were the first and only at the moment). Evidently there's a 2006 Stagea that should be available in a couple of weeks (it's been to the Ford factory in Geelong for testing) and quite a few more on the way.

He seemed to think it'd be priced at about $28-$29K.

Please excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't see it.

I was talking with Northshore Prestige yesterday and they said they've now got approval for compliance of the VQ35DE engine (and that they were the first and only at the moment). Evidently there's a 2006 Stagea that should be available in a couple of weeks (it's been to the Ford factory in Geelong for testing) and quite a few more on the way.

He seemed to think it'd be priced at about $28-$29K.

No it has not been posted and you are correct.

Keep an eye on their web page next week.

yes it is, it doesnt appear to be installed on any other nissan engine that we can tell...........

$28-29k?? thats not unreasonable! thats very tempting to upgrade if i could get enough of a trade in for my car. which i probably wouldnt :action-smiley-069:

$28-29k?? thats not unreasonable! thats very tempting to upgrade if i could get enough of a trade in for my car. which i probably wouldnt :)

The import duty drops from 10% to 5% in 2010 that might equate to about a $1-$2K saving on a $30K+ car. So it'd be worth holding back until that saving takes effect. Though this may mean your car is worth less as well...

I've read quite a few posts about the limited life of the stock turbo. I was just wondering if this is specific to the M35 or not?

The turbo itself is specific to the M35, the turbo problems are not. I believe the issues are exactly the same as with earlier model stageas, however the M35 runs more boost as standard, particularly the ARX (going by the posts above or on prev page), making a turbo failure far more likely on the M35 than previous stageas.

The turbo uses a ceramic turbine which tends to come unstuck from the shaft or shatter when it is exposed to a certain amount of heat for a certain amount of time. If you search all over these forums (skyline R33 & R34 have same issue) you'll find that its generally agreed that 14psi is pretty much the limit for these turbos. more pressure means more heat and if you run 14 or higher psi for any length of time, sooner or later the turbo will break. Why Nissan released the car from the factory running such high boost on these turbos will probably remain a mystery. It seems they were aware of it because the turbo is apparently supposed to be replaced at 100,000km.

My RS is stock and runs around 11-12psi which by rights should be fine (my turbo is still going very well at 108,000km) but the bottom line is that if you buy an M35, bear in mind that the turbo may need replacing at some point. It should cost under $2K to replace it with something similar to the factory one, and from there it will likely never need replacing again.

The turbo itself is specific to the M35, the turbo problems are not. I believe the issues are exactly the same as with earlier model stageas, however the M35 runs more boost as standard, particularly the ARX (going by the posts above or on prev page), making a turbo failure far more likely on the M35 than previous stageas.

The turbo uses a ceramic turbine which tends to come unstuck from the shaft or shatter when it is exposed to a certain amount of heat for a certain amount of time. If you search all over these forums (skyline R33 & R34 have same issue) you'll find that its generally agreed that 14psi is pretty much the limit for these turbos. more pressure means more heat and if you run 14 or higher psi for any length of time, sooner or later the turbo will break. Why Nissan released the car from the factory running such high boost on these turbos will probably remain a mystery. It seems they were aware of it because the turbo is apparently supposed to be replaced at 100,000km.

My RS is stock and runs around 11-12psi which by rights should be fine (my turbo is still going very well at 108,000km) but the bottom line is that if you buy an M35, bear in mind that the turbo may need replacing at some point. It should cost under $2K to replace it with something similar to the factory one, and from there it will likely never need replacing again.

Thanks for the info.

So if I end up with a Series I or II then the turbo may still be an issue (as per any any other parts of the car) but it is less likely as the boost has been running lower over it's life time (provided the owner hasn't increased it).

Thanks for the info.

So if I end up with a Series I or II then the turbo may still be an issue (as per any any other parts of the car) but it is less likely as the boost has been running lower over it's life time (provided the owner hasn't increased it).

I'm sorry to say this but, I would think that a fair proportion of them out there have had the boost raised, even if the owner denies it! :D

I an really trying to like the M35, but that arse end is so ugly. If someone was to make adecent rear lights kit, like was done for Commonwhores, I may be tempted. Front and side, AOK, but...........

I have bBenny,s pic as my desktop.

Nissan made the arse end like that just to keep the cops off my back. Works a treat, even with a 3 inch straight through exhaust.

Just gotta get some Volvo badges for the back and I will be in the clear.

You could always paint the top part of the lights to match the car...