SAU Community

Project Gtst 8 Second Run Video

ahapartridge

Hi guys

John Bradshaw and Project GTST were out again last weekend at Santa Pod and although there are still some set up issues needed to get the magic 7 second run the new dry sump set up is working a treat.

I have a couple of short vids for you to view

and

That is a Jerico air shift gearbox

Yes the rear subframe/diff etc has been replaced by the drag axle set up, everything is tied together with the very complex roll cage which really stiffens up the car and enables it to run very stable

Bugger me this drag racing lark is hard work tongue.gif

Had issues since the car was finished in August with oil flow so fitted a dry sump system & the car ran at the weekend for the first time with it fitted & great to say it now looks reliable at last

Got about 7 runs in over 5 hours and no issues at all. smile.gif

The clutch needs working on more as we are really struggling to launch at full revs without it fighting back so hard it cant be held on the line so more adjustments required

we turned the power up for the first time for the last run (over 2.5 bar, was running at 1.8 bar) & errmm interesting is the best description biggrin.gif - wheelied off the start line straight across the other lane. Couple of minor changes to the suspension will sort that no hassles so looking to get back out again before the end of the year with more power & the cluth sorted

all in all a mixed year, great to have the car back on the road & great to get a mid 8 but bit frustrated at not going dry sump to start with which would have given us more track & set up time to get the times down further before the end of the year but at least it gives us a great starting point for 08

Edited by R33draggtst

• 2 weeks later...

Well after loads of thought really sorry guys but I won't be bringing the car over in 2008 :thumbsup:

With the car only finished & ready for testing in August this year it has really been an uphill battle so far to learn quickly before the end of the season here in the UK which finished last saturday & what a bloody learning curve ie/ 2 engine failures due to oil flow, clutch settings, all new to us etc etc.

We are there now on reliability since fitting the dry sump - last 2 meetings no issues at all & 9 runs in total which is great news & means we can start next year (Feb or March) with the nos system installed, more boost & get testing very early. Data logger is installed now (last weekend) & finally providing much needed info.

Will also have a 2nd RB26 engine to use at the start of the year alongside the existing(completely different layout) to make comparisons against & choices which again puts us in a really strong position that early in the year.

I don't see the point in shipping the car to Aus in Dec & getting it back in April when to be honest we are nowhere near where we want to be yet in the great scheme of things, it would just lose us 4 months development & dyno/engine building time & want to be out testing in feb (subject to the weather), cost us shedloads of cash when it could be better spent elsewhere for now & to be honest what's the point bringing "another" 8 sec car over to Aus - i would much sooner bring a 7 sec car over in 2009.

It could also work out a lot better - HTL are open to the suggestion of both cars running together in 2009 (i need to get the car competitive in a big way first !!!!) :laughing-smiley-014:

Still 8.51 within 8 weeks of the car being finished on low boost & no gas is a good starting point for next year.

I'm still going to come over to watch the Perth & Sydney Summer nationals & would be great to say hello to a number of you when I come over :happy:

Cheers

John

Edited by R33draggtst

Thanks Adrian would love to mate :thumbsup:

I would have loved to have brought it over but the time just isnt right yet & I dont want it to stand still now - a hell of a lot to do yet :happy:

Shame you're not coming out but your reasons are sound. Make sure you give me a buzz when you come out and we'll catch up.
Edited by R33draggtst