SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Well at the gym i train at theres 3 PT's 1 girl 2 guys. The PT im getting trained by is nothing short of massive. Incle benches 160kg, shoulder presses 200kg on the same machine as me, leg presses 550kg. hese in competition now and hese been training himself for 9 years. Hese 30 now.

So he MUST be doing something right and knows what his on about.

Its the same as, why would you go to a mechanic to get an engine built if hese never built any proven and powerful engines?

another reason TO get one.. Why waste your own time when you can be doing things right from day 1... i wasted nearly a year, put some some size slowly. I should have gone to him from day 1 and id be way different now.

Im a n00b but ill be doing things right and getting to my peak before the guys who dont have PT's... :/

exactly thats why il get one do it right from day one and then maybe after i pick up a few things here and there customise my own workout.

and mass as in muscle, got a bit of size there from sport rugby etc, just wanna lose the layer of fat around the waste and increase muscle size and definition

A personal trainer is good but most of them have no clue what so ever.

And you don't need one when you've got the internet and experienced members in your gym who can help you.

Bodybuilding.com is the best site, i suggest everyone check out their forums if you haven't. Best information and biggest body building community with millions of members.

Edited by QUACK

when i go top the gym i take 2 hydroxycut hardcore 2 -3 zues tablets (tribulus) and i wash it down with a redbull

just remember to drink heaps of water and step up gradually because it hurts when u abuse it lol

i nearly fainted in a restaurant after gym coz i had very little water and food.

what about the thermogenic (dunno if thats how u spell it) fat burners you find on like mrsupplement.com or supplementden do they work? anyone have any experience with this?

i lost 8kg without thermo's and 16kg with thermo's

having researched into for me personally XLR8 is the best product, because the caffeine is derived from guarana NOT coffee IE hydroxycut therefore it makes you less "jittery" also everything else is a natural source it's got less caffeine than the other products and allows you to sleep when you want

the way they work, is the caffeine supresses your appetite and accelerates the rate you burn off food

it also allows you to run further, and faster, and push more weight, etc

the thermo's themselves don't just work

they just enable you to go further and fast and harder i guess

At the moment i am the heaviest i have ever been, 181cm, 98kgs, and currently have a carb cycling diet, currently on two days low carb during the week, and will bump that up to 3 days when i feel i have to.

It took me a while for me to come back from a broken ankle last year, which is still hindering me from doing full free squats, so its smith machine squats for a little longer :-(. Other than that my deadlifts have gone up, i regularly full deadlift 200kgs (none of that rack shit) My millitary presses are at 115kgs (on smith machine so im not counting the bar) my individual dumbell shoulder press i am doing 40kgs with a spotter to get them up. My bench press, im moving 120kgs for 7 good reps. Im trying to keep this strength while i diet down to around 94, 95kgs.

If anyone has seen Dorian Yates "Blood and Guts" video, thats pretty much the training i am doing, plus every four weeks i do a low rep heavy compound movements only.

Does anyone here follow the BB scene in America?

Yes Dorian Yates is my fave old school bodybuilder. I actually had the chance to see him train way back in 1998.

I was in the UK for some time and thought that I would run over to Birmingham to see if I could find his Gym.Well found the Gym,Walked down the stairs and had the chance to see the man himself doing Bent Barbell rows in preparation for defending his Mr Olympia Title. His wife called me over and told me that Gym is shut while he is training and to come back in 30 mins to meet the Champ. So thats exactly what I did. Got an Autographed T shirt from him and had a decent workout in his Gym....Massive fella! and a Gentleman too

Damn, i so hate you, lol.

Iv met Cris Cormier (spelling?) Lee Priest, and Jay Cutler. It was a bitch that i didnt see Ronnie Coleman when he was over here. Next few years i need to get a trip together to go the Olympia or the Arnold Classic. Im leaning towards the Arnold classic. plus next year il make the trip for the Australia grand Prix.

Na, thats wrong, if you've ever listen to Ronnie say it, he doesnt pronounce the 'e' so it becomes evrybody, instead of evErybody. I made the mistake for a reason. Just sayin :-)

Yeah, it did get recalled, but in America, they can put more stuff in it that we can over here. If you read the reports in says 23 cases, with about 1 million bottles sold a year, its not the most dangerous thing out there. Use it properly and cycle on and off i dont see the problem. The FDA in America is full of tossers and are always going after supplement companies for the most stupidest things. The only thing i buy is 200mg caffeine tabs, they get through customs no problems. and cheap too.

jesus i take 2 x 69mg tabs at two seperate times a day and i think that IM hardcore!!!

but yeah the FDA is full of tossers

ie

banning vegemite

...THE F*CK!!!