SAU Community

22" Forged On A R35.... "droooooolsssssss'

Gazzilla

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether they look good or not is purely a personal thing, but the FACT is they're an american wheel, which near on guarantees they'll weigh at least 2 - 3 times what the factory wheels will. This in essence DESTROYS the handling dynamics and fundamentals this car is based upon. magnesium light weight 20's with some R comps......NOW IM LISTENING!!!!!

yeah id take the cars, i mean just owning a 35gtr no matter what gay mods it has is more than i can dream about atm

+1

and you can't see the wheels when you are rolling across the bonnet naked moaning "mineminemineminemineminemine....."

I usually hate blinged up performance cars where the handling is compromised for the sake of aesthetics. But that white one looks amazing!!

Now I'll have to buy two of them!!! One blinged up for daily driving, and one for the track. *Sighs, get back to reality*

Trust the Yanks to f**k up a great handling, braking and performance car by dropping "supafly, y'all" lead weights on each corner, then lowering it so Fiddy Cent can look gangsta AND Initial D at the same time...

Where are the Volks, kiddies?!? Pics? Anyone???

the only "chromies" id like to see on one is a set of F*(k off deep dish VSKFs... slammed...

i think the tstock rims are 1" to small.. seen a pic of a r35 with GTCs in 20",.. they even looked a bit small.

my 2cents/

Many people complain that the r35 is too heavy, so add another 20 - 30kg for wheels isn't going to make much difference, is it?

I personally like the white one. I normally don't like chrome but that's the closed-face chrome rims. It still looks tough i reckon, but each to their own.

Nissan has copied jack shit. There's a performance reason why they went for 20's, like there is a performance reason Porsche went with 19's for the 997 Turbo. They're not thinking, geez, this will get me in the good books with 50 cent :D

*sigh* they just don't get it. This is such an aesthetically "japanese" car, i mean, the head designer was referencing anime/manga for goodness sake! These crappy 22's work on euro's, but they DON'T work on such a japanese styled car.

Rims are shit

i agree. Iforged,HRE etc will work on European cars. i can't see the rims (iforged) are crappy though as they cost you fortune unlike some bling bling shit on lancers/commodores...

Many people complain that the r35 is too heavy, so add another 20 - 30kg for wheels isn't going to make much difference, is it?

I personally like the white one. I normally don't like chrome but that's the closed-face chrome rims. It still looks tough i reckon, but each to their own.

Just a quick note you might be interested in. This may indeed be part of the reason why the GTR performs so well. Overall weight (sprung weight) _IS NOT_ as important as the weight of the wheels and suspension and other bits (unsprung weight). This wiki article highlights what it means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_weight however the effects are potentially more important than those indicated in the article.

Thus putting led wheels on is likely to have a much large effect than putting those same wheels in the boot :D.

I think it looks good. And who said these wheels weigh 20-30kg more... get real. Maybe nissan could have just fitted 19s...but why not just go 20s... everyone is doing it these days. New commodores are stock with 20s. Soon 20's will be the new 15's of today

Just a quick note you might be interested in. This may indeed be part of the reason why the GTR performs so well. Overall weight (sprung weight) _IS NOT_ as important as the weight of the wheels and suspension and other bits (unsprung weight). This wiki article highlights what it means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_weight however the effects are potentially more important than those indicated in the article.

Thus putting led wheels on is likely to have a much large effect than putting those same wheels in the boot :D.

Ahh thanks mate, didn't know that. So the car handles rather well for a large car because the unsprung weight is kept low?

I think it looks good. And who said these wheels weigh 20-30kg more... get real.

What's that meant to mean?

It was a rough guess. Could be more could be less, but the exact weight of the wheels WASN'T the point of my post.