SAU Community

Nissan's On The Hunt For Grey Importers

In theroy, for someone to import one, someone has to sell one second hand in japan. The waiting list for one is far too long to just rock up and buy one with the sole intention of shipping it overseas.

Therefore nissan is missing out on a sale if a second hand one is baught here in australia rather then another one being baught new from a dealership. While this 2nd hand vehicle would probably be baught anyway in japan, this is besides the point.

But I have this to say to nissan:

DONT SEND THE NINJAS!

nissja.jpg

ps

how awesome are my MS paint skills?

Nissan Australia does not have Ninjas.......................................they are too fat.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan Australia does not have Ninjas.......................................they are too fat.

No, they have Australian Sumo's.....

VB Beer bellies and stubbies and thongs

that ninja does look pretty fat tho. I ownder what nissan aus would send after you in the depths of the deep dark night...?

continuing on from beer barons picture

can one of the importers who have a r35 in australia please take a picture of it so it is obviously in australia (park it next to a holden or something) and have some greasy bastard giving the camera the finger

that ninja does look pretty fat tho. I ownder what nissan aus would send after you in the depths of the deep dark night...?

Ninjas that throw pringles rather than poison stars.

can one of the importers who have a r35 in australia please take a picture of it so it is obviously in australia (park it next to a holden or something) and have some greasy bastard giving the camera the finger

you mean like this pic thanx to TJ from Antilag

as can be clearly seen the W.A number plates on the other cars to prove the pic was taken in Fremantle shortly after the 35 r got off the boat

post-23730-1205412176_thumb.jpg

In theroy, for someone to import one, someone has to sell one second hand in japan. The waiting list for one is far too long to just rock up and buy one with the sole intention of shipping it overseas.

Therefore nissan is missing out on a sale if a second hand one is baught here in australia rather then another one being baught new from a dealership. While this 2nd hand vehicle would probably be baught anyway in japan, this is besides the point.

No.

Only NEW vehicles are eligible for import into Australia so Nissan Japan get the profit and Nissan Australia get a cleaveland steamer from ylwgtr.

you mean like this pic thanx to TJ from Antilag

as can be clearly seen the W.A number plates on the other cars to prove the pic was taken in Fremantle shortly after the 35 r got off the boat

post-23730-1205412176_thumb.jpg

Interesting the GT-R doesn't look as big with a commodore in the picture.

And Nissan Aus you crafting bastards! it's our gt-r not yours.

lol at this whole thread, but seriously wat is mr.colin buckley gonna do if we buy on through grey imports??

i cant afford one but if i could i would definately buy grey import rather then through nissan aus. so much cheaper and more power.

I want to email Mrs Buckley and ask him what crack he smoked when he wrote that email coz id love some of what his dealer sold him.

Here's a couple pics of the WA one in Fremantle going past the pub, and along the cafe strip :(

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/coc...IMGP7107MY1.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/coc...IMGP7109MY1.jpg

i think we should have a window of 2-3 months to import the r35 under sevs (if u have the $$$$ i think a few workshops are working at now it and its just a matter of time) before nissan get access to full volume. prob here is how many gtr's can be bought and sold during that time?.

Colin if u are reading this, im sure most ppl who wanted a gtr will now source it directly from japan, so price it well DONT de-tune it like the s15. please learn from your mistakes.

simple statement.

WE are loyal to the car NOT the Nissan Australia dealership.

here is a great opportunity to win back the enthusiast/fan base. This is NOT a good way to start btw.

u are fighting the very ppl who have worship the legacy of the gtr and have brought the new gtr to the status that its at. this car will simply sell itself so ditch ur marketing team ,advertising etc etc and pass the savings onto your customers.

Agreed.

Sure Nissan Australia need to make a profit, and show that they can sell the car, but why oh why would anyone buy a locally delivered car, if the imported ones are better?

I'm not talking abstract dealer servicing or local knowledge, or any of the other so called "service" that they spout about (and rarely deliver on), but the pure abilities of the car.

If I can get more performance for the same price by grey importing, then I will do just that.

The GTR is a hero car. Nissan probably won't make much profit from it, but it will raise the profile of the company greatly. Getting people walking through the showroom doors is half the battle.

Driving a De-tuned GTR would be like going on a date with Jessica Alba, and finding out she's a man. True your friends wouldn't know, but deep inside, you'd know the truth and want to strangle yourself with you own intestines.

Driving a De-tuned GTR would be like going on a date with Jessica Alba, and finding out she's a man. True your friends wouldn't know, but deep inside, you'd know the truth and want to strangle yourself with you own intestines.

bhwhaha :laughing-smiley-014: that's the funniest shit i've heard all morning. TGIF!