SAU Community

What Do People Do For A Living?

J3TR33

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manage a winebar/restaurant. Long Long hours because we just opend, did around 80 hours the last two weeks. Oh and we need staff. If your an experienced bar or floor person or qualified chef shoot me a pm!!

4th year Apprentice aircraft structures fabricator

work for boeing basically fabricating components for new aircraft, as well as learning how to do c/f and f/g repairs, wet lay ups and anything structurally based to do with aircraft.

good job, learnt heaps, and put it into practise with some back yard f/g work. harder to do c/f work cos the shit to expensive.

I'm the senior field service engineer for a Bio-medical company. Basically I go around to different hospitals/private pathology labs that have our equipment and do repairs, maintenance and upgrades.

IT sys admin/support for vic/tas regions for records management company.

i make sure all the sites/network/pcs/servers/users are all happy and working away.

Software Engineer for same Bio-med company - Write the GUI and control software for the equipment Scott fixes :merli:

PS it's never software's fault :dry:

I'm the senior field service engineer for a Bio-medical company. Basically I go around to different hospitals/private pathology labs that have our equipment and do repairs, maintenance and upgrades.

Business Manager for a DVExperts, a forensic engineering & saftey solution firm.

Amongst the gamut of things we cover, we reconstruct incidents of all kind, including traffic & workplace safety.

4th year Apprentice aircraft structures fabricator

work for boeing basically fabricating components for new aircraft, as well as learning how to do c/f and f/g repairs, wet lay ups and anything structurally based to do with aircraft.

good job, learnt heaps, and put it into practise with some back yard f/g work. harder to do c/f work cos the shit to expensive.

You don't work down in port melbourne by any chance do you? I work in the Boeing plant down there.

By day i am at Swinburne TAFE (Wantirna) doing I.T Administration & Network Engineering..

By night i delivery pizzas for Pizza Hut knox..

Do you get to drive that little pizza-hut delivery car that knox pizza hut has?

Thats pwnstar

Edited by Ricos

You don't work down in port melbourne by any chance do you? I work in the Boeing plant down there.

i know a guy who works at boeing in port melbourne as well..

but its a huge place aint it..

im in port as well

yeh i do mate. working 787 line at the moment but been around the factory. all over the shop during my apprenticeship.

Information Management Project Officer for

Western Melbourne Division of General Practice.... mouth full isnt it.

Edited by Redback

nice....where do you play ball? any indoor courts open to the public?

I work in basketball! -manage, admin, coach, play, day/night/weekend that's everything i do

probably why i haven't seen many cruises since i've signed up; always a bloody game on

3rd year Commerce student at Monash Clayton (Marketing & Management major).

I also work part time as a bartender at the Railway Hotel in Windsor and even do the odd bottleshop shift

3rd year Commerce student at Monash Clayton (Marketing & Management major).

I also work part time as a bartender at the Railway Hotel in Windsor and even do the odd bottleshop shift

That's the same major i took when i did my commerce degree. Having fun at the moment? :blink: I did a double degree in Commerce and Business Systems in Monash Clayton too :(

whats it like being/stduying mechanical eng. for you two guys? its something that interested me but didnt do well in school, did i miss much?

J3TR33, not on hammond, i work just off cheltenham road, but i drive down hammond to get to work.

Final year student at La Trobe; Maths degree (majoring in Statistics & Finance). Basically that means I'm really good at crunching numbers; would love to get into investment banking or funds management. And I'm a part time cleaner (one of the crappiest jobs available!)

So if anyone on SAU is in investment banking or funds management and has some analytical work experience available (paid or voluntary), send me a PM PLEASE!