SAU Community

The Goods On Oils

PHaT MR30

is 300v chrono motul 10w40 is good for nissan v35 coupe 04? Or how is it compared to amsoil 10w40? just about to do my 10.000kms service, changing oil and oil filter.<div><br></div><div> </div>

is 300v chrono motul 10w40 is good for nissan v35 coupe 04? Or how is it compared to amsoil 10w40? just about to do my 10.000kms service, changing oil and oil filter.<div><br></div><div> </div>

It is poor value for money, put the extra money towards a turbo upgrade, new bushes, new brake pads, new anything really. Even if you are tracking the car it isn't worth it, just get 8100 or one of the other comparable oils.

For the money some of you guys spend on oil you could just buy a new engine every 5 years.

Trying a new oil not expensive not a bug name however ash(kingscorp) here in WA works for united oil he uses it in his race car I'm giving it a shot united 1 racing 5w50 I'll let you know how it goes

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been running Motul 8100 5w40 Oil for the last few years.

Recently I have been attended a few 'spirited' cruises and have noticed the oil temp jump to 120 degrees. Normally it is around 90 degrees. Ambient temp outside would have been around 20 day/night.

Are there consequences on the engine in the oil running this hot?

I have been told to run a higher weight i.e. 5w50?

Car is a 200rwkw GT-T with about 150,000km's.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

We really need a super moderator / oil expert to sift through all the crap here and cut down this 100+ thread. One page at the start recommending SAU's most used oils for summer.

something like:

For track work we recommend: RP 15w-60, or Redline RACE (~$100)

for daily use/light track work: motul or chrono 300 ($90) or mobile 1 ($80)

daily: penrite 10w 40 ($55) / mobil 1 ($80)

(i'm just using the above as an example not that i recommend the actual brands or know the specific prices)

Oil is so damn confusing, IS it worth shelling out $100 for 4 litres for Redline/RP. Given that you need 2 bottles to do a full change and a filter that makes it a +$200 job for a damn oil change! Like someone said earlier after a few years you could buy a whole new engine!

Is a $100 bottle of 10w 40 full synthetic justifiably better than a $55 bottle of full synthetic? Will our old RB's really be able to see the difference?

can the

Oil is so damn confusing, IS it worth shelling out $100 for 4 litres for Redline/RP. Given that you need 2 bottles to do a full change and a filter that makes it a +$200 job for a damn oil change! Like someone said earlier after a few years you could buy a whole new engine!

It is simple, if you can afford a new motor for the price of your oil, then don't do it lol.