SAU Community

The Goods On Oils

PHaT MR30

This has probably been answered in the 124 pages but i aint going to click on each one to find my answer as it will take forever,I have an R32 GTR 1994 RB26DETT, with an Oil cooler + Oil filter and has been relocated. How many liters on oil should i putting in i have got different answers from different people some say 5 some say 5.8- 6L which is the correct amount? My car is also modified, 330AWKW dont know if that makes a difference, But all internals are stock.

This has probably been answered in the 124 pages but i aint going to click on each one to find my answer as it will take forever,I have an R32 GTR 1994 RB26DETT, with an Oil cooler + Oil filter and has been relocated. How many liters on oil should i putting in i have got different answers from different people some say 5L and some say between 5.8 - 6L which is the correct amount? My car is also modified, 330AWKW dont know if that makes a difference, But all internals are stock.

:D

OHtmKzHX_original.png

Will throw it in the Skyline over the next couple weeks. Wish the 5w was a 10w, what with summer and everything, but should still be fine (have read that 5w and 10w are negligible in difference and companies often market one as the other etc.). I assume it is a group 4 fully synthetic, given GW said they weren't doing anymore esters. If anyone wants to give it a go I should be able to supply for $55/bottle (plus postage or you can pick up) until further notice, which is still good value for a group 4 synthetic and cheaper than what Sougi 6000 used to cost. It's also an SN/CF, which is the latest specification in the oil industry.

Fully synthetic or 100% synthetic.

Group IV is 100% synthetic is it not?

I'm not sure about this, I think that marketing / wording crap all came about from the Nulon product, didn't it?

SN/CF, is that the specification that is compatible with E85?

Correct.

http://www.oilspecifications.org/api_eolcs.php

I'm not sure about this, I think that marketing / wording crap all came about from the Nulon product, didn't it?

Nope, Mobil vs Caltex story n the US triggered it, but I presume the result over there was the basis of the forced label changes over here.

Warning, a bit TL;DR for those not really interested.

http://www.syntheticsbestoil.com/mobil.htm

About time!!!!!

Too bad the stagea is getting a cover over it, will be doing lots of kms in the 31 this year

I might see how light the clearances are on a 220,000km rb30 are and run some of this once I get down to tas, $13 gulf western for the dirty thirty for now tho

i dont know about others, but i think if you've spent $5000 or more on your motor/mods then you dont really care about wether its $50 or $100 for an oil change, so whatever is the best is what you want, if you are just stock and staying stock then who cares whats in there, but if your upto 300kw and $$$ spent then you need to spend the money on somthing good...

im happy with MOBIL gold , cost bout $100 a change and stays clean and no excess usage. and would rather put trust in a major company with lots of money to put into research and development with formula one cars using it...

i dont know about others, but i think if you've spent $5000 or more on your motor/mods then you dont really care about wether its $50 or $100 for an oil change, so whatever is the best is what you want, if you are just stock and staying stock then who cares whats in there, but if your upto 300kw and $$$ spent then you need to spend the money on somthing good...

im happy with MOBIL gold , cost bout $100 a change and stays clean and no excess usage. and would rather put trust in a major company with lots of money to put into research and development with formula one cars using it...

Staying clean is the worst thing an oil can do, ribs are known to be quite carbon heavy so unless your doing 500km changes its not great

Sougi used to go black after about 3000kms in my stock neo motor but still kept it smooth, nulon got noisy after he same number of kms

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere in this thread will be a list of GW distributors, I got 4 bottles of S6000 directly from the SA distributor at $60 per bottle over a year ago. As far as S6000 goes I'm not sure if there will be any left as it was discontinued, and as far as SynX 6000 goes I haven't seen it yet although I have seen SynX 3000 in Repco, most likely you will have to go straight to the distributor for it (should be cheaper too).

edit: I couldn't find the list, but I just remembered at the time I emailed GW for the closest distributor via: http://www.gulfwestern.com.au/Contact%20Us.html

Hey all just a quick question, I brought a 32, it has had a forged rebuilt engine prob around 4 years ago but hardley driven in last couple years.

Basically I did its oil chane without knowing what was previously in it, using 25w-50 semi syn. I think I should of used 5w-40 fully syn insted, it's due for another change now, does changing oils viscosity affect anything like seals etc from pressure changes??

Somewhere in this thread will be a list of GW distributors, I got 4 bottles of S6000 directly from the SA distributor at $60 per bottle over a year ago. As far as S6000 goes I'm not sure if there will be any left as it was discontinued, and as far as SynX 6000 goes I haven't seen it yet although I have seen SynX 3000 in Repco, most likely you will have to go straight to the distributor for it (should be cheaper too).

edit: I couldn't find the list, but I just remembered at the time I emailed GW for the closest distributor via: http://www.gulfweste...ntact%20Us.html

Yeah I consulted the GW website, and they've got Autobarn as my local retail stockist. But Autobarn don't carry the Syn X 6000, and 3000 is semi-synth. I guess I'll wait and nab some on the net. Just that my mate called me today and we were gonna have a man-date servicing our cars this weekend. :P

the very first post is basically the best information here, only thing is its 10 years old, the oil brands have stayed the same but the oil quality hasn't.

So going from what i over the last few hours, (yes and thats just scratching this topics list of pages )

If your looking for good branded oils these seem to be the top rated here, AMSOIL, Gulf western Oil, Motul and NEO with the 40000ks guarantee ftw ??? yea.

Mobil has degraded itself over the years and so has castrol tho i got to wonder about castrol a little.

And you want fully synthetic also looking for a 5w-40 to 10w-40 mixture, not to high as its a bit thick for the cold start-ups unless you will tracking or whatever.

Thats the easy part, Finding oil distributors is the hard part :/

anyone done any sort of testing or anything on the new penrite range? the new 10 tenths (replaces sin) claims to be full synthetic with pao and esther, i think its a class IV/V mix. if it does everything it claims it should be a fair bit better than the old sin.

This has probably been answered in the 124 pages but i aint going to click on each one to find my answer as it will take forever,I have an R32 GTR 1994 RB26DETT, with an Oil cooler + Oil filter and has been relocated. How many liters on oil should i putting in i have got different answers from different people some say 5L and some say between 5.8 - 6L which is the correct amount? My car is also modified, 330AWKW dont know if that makes a difference, But all internals are stock.

Hey mate, how did you go with this? I was asking the same question and got flamed because there is soooo many posts on here about it, problem is people don't seem to be able to agree; haven't seen anyone putting in over 5L, specs say 4.9 including the filter. I have the same set up as you and mine only took 3.2L, which is part of the reason I'm getting flamed, but this is well over the high mark on my dip stick- what I would like to know is "how long is your RB26 dip stick"; I need to sort this out. My pressure is between 2-5, but nobody could tell me the normal range- unless you got an AM oil gauge they're a bit snobby.

:D

OHtmKzHX_original.png

Will throw it in the Skyline over the next couple weeks. Wish the 5w was a 10w, what with summer and everything, but should still be fine (have read that 5w and 10w are negligible in difference and companies often market one as the other etc.). I assume it is a group 4 fully synthetic, given GW said they weren't doing anymore esters. If anyone wants to give it a go I should be able to supply for $55/bottle (plus postage or you can pick up) until further notice, which is still good value for a group 4 synthetic and cheaper than what Sougi 6000 used to cost. It's also an SN/CF, which is the latest specification in the oil industry.

its new so i wont have to hoard this right?

It's new and should be around for a lot longer than Sougi was, depending on how well the oil sells. I'm anxious to try it in my line but waiting for service interval (not wasting my precious S6000 lol).

If anyone wants to give Syn-X 6000 a shot and can't get it from their local distributor/Autobarn, I can post by the box (4 bottles), which should be pretty cheap. Will start selling it on eBay anyway so keep an eye out on there. Mechanical workshops rave to me about using Syn-X 3000 (10w40) in all their customer cars, so if you want a good semi synth on a budget, you can always chuck that in.