SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Yeah that ^^^^ could have ended up SO much worse than it did!

funny how Mum's body is so much better than the daughter's too huh.... Kojak biting the big one cracks me. I know I shouldn't laugh, but hey.... they all survived :)

Heya all :)

Anyone looking for a crew member to help out at High Country?

The guys I usually help out have other obligations and won't be attending.

Spanner experience on mainly Jap cars, lots of rotary experience, prefer modern.

Currently working on Radicals and Lotus' but spent time solely on Nissans (GTRs 32/33/34) and Mazdas (RX/MX5).

If it whooshes, I can spanner it.

I like cider and KFC tower burgers.

Check http://www.tarmacsolutions.com.au/ and follow the Facebook link at the bottom of the page for further info.

Sydney team preferred.

PM/email if you're interested.

Mark :)

Update big guy? Some pics? Something..... anything!!!!

Not much to update Woo, been spending too much time working and skiing. Have lost about 100hrs trying to get some weight out of the thing! First 30kg was easy, but spent 4hrs last weekend for a 2.5kg gain..

Still looks the same, and will run like that. Fitting intercooler, bigger brakes, some spring/swaybar upgrades and tighten up the diff. Besides that and the diet will be pretty much as I bought it. Out of time for anything more, but if THC goes well then round 2 of upgrades for TT13. I have attached an engine bay picture to keep you happy, not that exciting really

post-42431-0-66561200-1348141677_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate :)

What pogo sticks is she running and is the under bonnet colour factory or has it been painted race-spec silver?

Will you get a chance to give her a run in anger prior to heading down?

I spotted that one on MY105 and got a bit misty in the duds, would be a good, albeit mildly expensive, base car.

So, importing a late model left hook Porsche from Europe specifically for tarmac rallying and planned to be on rally rego or even Tassie "special interest" rego..... IS LUXURY CAR TAX payable?

Can't seem to get a definative answer on this yet? Anyone here got knowledge?

So, importing a late model left hook Porsche from Europe specifically for tarmac rallying and planned to be on rally rego or even Tassie "special interest" rego..... IS LUXURY CAR TAX payable?

Can't seem to get a definative answer on this yet? Anyone here got knowledge?

Weren't some dudes importing them from the States cheap and having the engine/trans removed and shipped separately to avoid something like this?

Sorry can't help on your actual question, its a very open for debate question though.

Car is well and truly over the LCT threshhold.

Not heard that Timmy?

Possible exemption

Below is an extract from a conversation;

The definition of ‘car’ for LCT purposes is broad and covers basically any road vehicle. The only potential avenue to avoid LCT is the fact that a ‘car’ does not includeracing and rally cars that are not road vehicles and cannot be registered for use on public roads in any country in the world. These racing or rally cars are designed for use only on rally or racing circuits.”

SIGNIFICANT work would need to be done to ensure the thing couldn't be registered "in any country in the world"... and who would be the judge of that?

Does it just need a cage installed? The engine removed? Cut into little pieces?

Keith Johnstone has just bought a 996 GT3 for a rally car and bought it from the UK or somewhere, don't know if it was already caged or what. Maybe if you can get in contact with him or Pete Nunn they might be able to shed some light.

Keiths is a damaged GT3 RS with a factory cage.... and is probably a '20t excavator'. His 944 is a left hook, and rego'd as SI

I think there is some trickery you can do with how you pay for it to get round LCT. Buy the 'car' with 1 cheap payment, and they pay separately for the parts. If it's all done o/s it's hard to prove the price

The yanks have really weird rules, and they have to dismantle cars, and bring them in as 'parts'

Edited by sav man

That race car rule is why 911 GT3 Cup's are so well priced from new, because an undertaking is made on import by PCA that these are race cars and not eligible for rego. Under the federal import approval of the Panno as a rally car (to suit SI rego requirements) it will identify it as rego eligible under state delegated authority…