SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Ive not had anything to do with the MM events but id hardly say targa events are stress full. they seem to get more and more layed back every event

if you want stress full rallies give gravel rallying a go. id rather do 5 days of pace notes than one of gravel and road books and proper timing.

the one day events like the old buller sprints and poatina mountain race I think will become far more popular as I find most people I talk to don't have the time to put into multi day events

• 1 month later...

I'm just giving the car a good check over this weekend, and have put all the bits for the rally safe in. Then I'm ready, did all the recce over the Easter long weekend

Have spent the last two weekends fitting new rotors & pads, new wheels, change of all fluids and had the semis put on. Car's ready to go and I'm (hopefully) just as ready.

We recce'd a few weeks ago in an awful Kia Rio hire car so the course is fairly fresh in my head too. Can't wait!

Me = another one of the lucky buggers :)

Back in with Steve in the Just Jap car as usual.

Hoping to get my platinum plate this year all going well.

You need to whisper in someone's ear about another 0 car gig Benny!

My father will be there in the R33. I'm sitting this one out while his mate navigates and ticks targa off his bucket list.

The car is ready to go after a shake down at Marulan on the weekend. Just waiting on a new set of brake pads to show up in the mail.

Good to hear everyone! Everyone seems to be fairly relaxed and ready, most unusual! Must be "old hands" at it now huh :)

Wish you all a great event, and Kel, best of luck with the Platinum my dear!

I'd of course like to be back sometime. And to be honest, I'm not really sure what it is that's keeping me away? Maybe next year :P

I did very much enjoy the course car gigs, but Sam and Dan have put a lot of effort into that side of things with Jaaaaaaag, and good on them for bringing Jag to the party I say.

Any hot tips for class/outright honors? With the Lambo out who's the team for an outright win?

I'll be a mobile speed hump this year. 5 cars to look after. High chance of podium finishes accross 3 classes. I wanted a layed back targa but I doubt that will happen.

We had launcestons un official, official targa launch last night. Was good to catch up with like minded people. The field is definatly down this year.

Wheels are in motion for 2015/16 seat. 25th anaversary should be worth attending.

Down in melb waiting for the boat now. The field definitely looks smaller than the last two years. I wonder if that will make for less waiting between stages?

post-43341-0-61039600-1399098157_thumb.jpg

BTW I think Paul's car looks fantastic

paul_r30.jpg

So between this one, Ben's R32 and I think there is one other R32 it should looks like a Nissan racing re-union, love it.

Once they stop pandering to the sooky Porsche drivers and let R32 into classics I reckon we will see a few more done the same way.

paul_r30.jpg

So between this one, Ben's R32 and I think there is one other R32 it should looks like a Nissan racing re-union, love it.

Once they stop pandering to the sooky Porsche drivers and let R32 into classics I reckon we will see a few more done the same way.

i like!

good luck guise. :)

paul_r30.jpg

There's a tricky 32 in the full Neesan racing livery running rookie (driven by Dave Thompson).

Good luck everyone - catch up with you tomorrow!

If you haven't already, download the Rallysafe app. It's free, and full of awesome! Live timing, stage positions, everything a bloke stuck at work in Qld could need.