SAU Community

Stoptech Brakes

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had anything to do with Stoptech brakes?

So fat I've heard nothing but good things about them, but wanted to know if anyone has had any first hand experience, in particular with the ST40 calipers?

I'm tossing up a lot of options at the moment, including Evo Brembo's, Stoptechs, F40's, 324mm conversion... or just going with what I have and seeing how I go.

Cheers

Dane

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Noel, it's for a 180SX, and they weigh around 1170kg's from the factory. Hoping to have mine down to under 1100kg's when it's ready.

Wouldnt a set of 33 gtr brembos be more than adequate for that combo?

It most likely would be, but the price people ask for them is crazy. I'm not paying over $1500 for a set of second hand calipers when you can buy some nice 4 pot AP's for the same money. :)

GT-R brembo's - $1500

DBA5000 or equivalent discs - $1000

Braided lines - $200

Pads - $300

I can buy Stoptechs brand new for less than that.

It most likely would be, but the price people ask for them is crazy. I'm not paying over $1500 for a set of second hand calipers when you can buy some nice 4 pot AP's for the same money. :)

GT-R brembo's - $1500

Braided lines - $200

Pads - $300

I see your point. If i had to pay those bucks i wouldnt have put them on mine either.

Amec from Brissie is running them in his 300ZX track car. In a drunken stoopa one night i purchased some Greddy 6 pot 330mm setup after reading they were more compact then the Brembo F40/50 caliper. Guess what? They are the same width so still have wheel clearance problems :ermm: Fark having a lowly GTST and trying to run decent brakes. :D Since i am waiting for my OS work visa doesnt look like my car will be needing brakes anytime soon so may could be convinced to not install them on my car :(

I had a similar discussion with Duncan earlier this week and he mentioned the Just Jap G4 packages. its the same deal. all there for 2k and is all new. i just havent heard what they are like...has anybody had anything to do with them? i was considering r34 Brembos but came across the issue that you have just described.

It most likely would be, but the price people ask for them is crazy. I'm not paying over $1500 for a set of second hand calipers when you can buy some nice 4 pot AP's for the same money. :rofl:

GT-R brembo's - $1500

Braided lines - $200

Pads - $300

post-20078-1216777617_thumb.jpg

Edited by BezerkR32

Hey thanks for that mate, was a good read and has me sold, will be banging them on the front and rear as soon as SK supplies me the suspension.

There was a big thread on here about them, people seem to be giving them decent reviews.

Here it is: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/G4...html&hl=csc

Another one: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/G4...ml&hl=alcon

Would be good to hear what you think of them.

OK, another question: Who has used the Project Mu 4 piston forged calipers? I love my project mu pads and rotors, so am keen on trying this kit too and have found it's not too pricey from the states. About the same price as the stoptechs, a few hundred more.

This is the kit: http://www.project-mu.co.jp/e/product/caliper_R4-4.html

Wouldn't mind this with the 355mm rotors, but 345's would probably be more sensible for 17's :D

There was a Sllver R33 GTR running in the WA round of the Dutton with 6 pot Project Mu fronts. Can't remember the car number - maybe one of the competitors will know. Check the Dutton website for entry list maybe.

post-5134-1217298139_thumb.jpg