SAU Community

Car Milage Survey

JamesK

I think this has been roughly covered before but couldn't find anything which matched what I'm looking for or anything that was up-to-date (old threads) since gas formulas are changing I figured things might be different now. I want to do a small survey and gather people opinions I was going to make this into a poll but it would be too long and too limited so please fill in this survey, I tried to include all things relevant, tell me if you think I'm missing something or have a suggestion. I originally had Driving area, style and KMS per tank on separate sections but I don't think anyone drives the same all the time so put it all together so people can list options based on their experience instead just one big average.

Car:

The make, model & year of car in question and factors which would effect results

Eg.

Fifth Generation, 2000 Nissan Skyline GT-BNR34 GT-R V-Spec II, Modified Exhaust, Suspension, PowerFC, Dyno Tuned, etc...

Gas of Choice:

Regular, BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power 98/100, Mobil 8000, Caltex Vortex 95/98

Eg.

Shell V-Power, Sometimes Regular when money is tight or Ultimate when somewhere with no V-Power

$ Per Tank:

How much you roughly spend on a FULL tank (Warning Light on Preferably & Based on Gas of Choice)

Eg.

$90, sometimes $70 when out in the bush and my regular choice is not available and have use regular

Kilometers Per Tank (Based On Driving Area & Driving Style):

Amount of KM's, Where you drive (you might want to explain for people in other states), How you drive

Eg.

400, Weekdays, driving to work, mostly take motorway, Conserving as much fuel as possible

200, Weekends, driving on such and such's winding roads, Lead Foot

Other Comments:

Anything else you might think is relevant or think is worth stating

Eg.

My car is regularly serviced

I've had some problems with knocking at anything under 98RON or when I use Mobil's 8000

Engine seems to be running rich not sure why yet

I try to drive slow and smooth off red lights

Etc…

Really sorry if this is a re-post or there is something already very similar but I hope people fill this out it would be very interesting to know, I will consolidate peoples replies after I get a few so it's easier to view all the results and compare, I hope this is well received. Also someone told me he runs his R33 on regular unleaded and thinks there will be no problems in the future and doesn't experience knocking, can anyone confirm this?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll Go First :P

Car:

1995 R33 GTS-T S1.5 Spec-M, Modified Nismo Exhaust, Stock Everything Else

Gas of Choice:

Shell V-Power RON98

$ Per Tank:

$90 on current prices usually try to fuel up on cheapo Tuesdays ranges from 145-150 per L

300, Mostly on Princess highway from uni to suburbs or to city lots of stop and go, Try to be conservative 90% of the time and stay off the turbo but sometimes I like to open up the values

Other Comments:

I'm still pretty new to the skyline scene to my experience is limited, my engine seems to be running rather rich but I think thats because of the Nismo Exhaust

CAR -MODS

Series 2 Nissan Stagea 2000. 4spd triptonic RB25DETNEO (17" wheels) 92ks+ ODO

FMIC, Air filter pod. Complete oil and liquid change about 2000k's ago

FUEL $$

Caltex Vortex 95, $80-90 pertank

MILAGE - STYLE

been getting 400+k's before the light comes on. but very close to it. so maybe 430 with light on. 480 empty. just a guess.

after work driving, 60kph,80kph,70kph. straight roads.

the occasional hard driving but no hooning, just pushing it hard sometimes.

FUEL SAVER TIP

got a trick i do now. cause of my air pod, can hear the turbo spool up, so i try to keep it off the spool. 2nd gears goes to 2500rpm then into third, never hits that rev range again, cept doing 100kph.

just got a new tank, will drive till the light comes on.

ALL SMILES

:P:D

Car:

[/b]1996 Series 2 R33 manual. Mods: Turboback exhaust, pod filter.

Gas of Choice:

Caltex premium RON98

$ Per Tank:

$80 - $90

450 - 550 per tank - both normal and spirited driving. City and hwy.

Other Comments:

My advice - good service from a reputable workshop. Service every 5000 klms. And a good workshop will be able to find faults. Take mine to Revzone - they do a very good job of it. Thats why the klms per tank has gone from 400 max to 550 max.

Car:

2007 V36 370GT SP 3.7 vq37HR

Gas of Choice:

BP ultimate, Caltex Vortex

$ Per Tank:

$70-90 depending on prices

just did 550 klms before the fuel light came on, the distance to empty meter showed 70 klms left. Will eventually get better milage as the engine sees more klm's. An exhaust, high flow filters and an a/f controller should see solid gains and better economy from what I've read on us G37 sites

Other Comments:

The car also has an average fuel consumption display which says so far I'm averaging 7-8L p/100klms, but the car hasn't covered enough klms yet to make accurate readings

Edited by Yo-Yo

I'll Go First :P

Car:

1995 R33 GTS-T S1.5 Spec-M, Modified Nismo Exhaust, Stock Everything Else

Gas of Choice:

Shell V-Power RON98

$ Per Tank:

$90 on current prices usually try to fuel up on cheapo Tuesdays ranges from 145-150 per L

300, Mostly on Princess highway from uni to suburbs or to city lots of stop and go, Try to be conservative 90% of the time and stay off the turbo but sometimes I like to open up the values

Other Comments:

I'm still pretty new to the skyline scene to my experience is limited, my engine seems to be running rather rich but I think thats because of the Nismo Exhaust

your milage is terrible, and i doubt its got anything to do with the exhaust..... i have a full turbo back exhaust with high flow cat, pod filter, city driving, 50kg sound system and i tend to get on boost quite a bit and i get 300km minimum and my guage still shows alittle over a quater tank left, most i got it was to 450km and it nearly got to the empty line, even at the empty line you should still get another 50km untill the fuel light comes on....

change the oil, spark plugs, oil filter, wheel alighnment and most important replace the 02 sensor.... i did this and i went from 250-300km per tank to 400km +++++ easy without having to drive like a pussy...

also try different fuels, i find i get more out of caltex vortex 98 and mobil 8000 fuels...

hope this helps you and anyone else in an r33 gtst series 1 or 2 that doesnt get atleast 400km/ tank

your milage is terrible, and i doubt its got anything to do with the exhaust..... i have a full turbo back exhaust with high flow cat, pod filter, city driving, 50kg sound system and i tend to get on boost quite a bit and i get 300km minimum and my guage still shows alittle over a quater tank left, most i got it was to 450km and it nearly got to the empty line, even at the empty line you should still get another 50km untill the fuel light comes on....

change the oil, spark plugs, oil filter, wheel alighnment and most important replace the 02 sensor.... i did this and i went from 250-300km per tank to 400km +++++ easy without having to drive like a pussy...

also try different fuels, i find i get more out of caltex vortex 98 and mobil 8000 fuels...

hope this helps you and anyone else in an r33 gtst series 1 or 2 that doesnt get atleast 400km/ tank

Thanks for the replay yea my fuel economy was part of the reason for this survey I've already got my wheels aligned and oil changed but I'll do all the other things over the next few weeks, thanks

Car:

R32 with series 2 rb25det, turbo back exhaust from 3 to 4 inches, fmic, fuel pump, adj fuel pressure reg, stock ecu, not tuned, max 1bar boost

Gas of Choice:

BP Ultimate, Mobil 8000

$ Per Tank:

$80 - $90

400km driving round at night and mountains etc with lots of right foot action.

About the same doing daily driving because of traffic and lights etc.

Other Comments:

Stock ecu in atm.

Used to get better economy with the power fc which will be going back in soon.

Car: 1995 R33 S1 GTST RB25 auto, 3inch exhaust split into twin cannons. K&N pod filter, FMIC, rest pretty much standard.

Gas of Choice: Caltex Vortex, BP ultimate.

$ Per Tank: Approx $90. Avverage between $1.50 - $1.60 per Litre

I really have no idea of kms per tank as i mainly drive around town & dont take much notice. But I didnt have to travel to Sydney a month ago which would have been roughly 1000km round trip & cost me about $150 - $160 which i thought was quite good at the time.

2000 Model GT-R

ECU = HKS F-Con Pro-V

Boost = Blitz DSBC running at just 1 bar

Intake = HKS Induction with Simota Pods and no AFMs

Exhaust = HKS 3" with Hi Flo-Cat and Trust rear muffler/tip

Cams = HKS advanced 2 degrees

Fuel = V-Power or Ultimate

Economy = 12.2l/100Km Hwy (ie 540Km/tank) up to 14.5l/100Km going up and down mountainsides

Car:

R32 4door, rb25 engine, wolf v500, gt3582r, 3.5'' exhaust, 580cc injectors, greddy plenuim, o44 bosch pump etc.

Gas choice:

Shell v power

$ Per tank: don't let it go below half a tank if i can help it, but usually cost 40 - 60 depending on prie at time.

Kms per tank:

usually can get just over 200km to half a tank round town. haven't taken it on the highway yet.

comments:

not to bad for the mods i've done i think. put the foot into it, fuel economy, what fuel economy.lol

Car:

Rebuilt 32 gtr running standard turbo's and 11 psi, 3" catback

Gas of Choice:

BP ultimate 98

$ Per Tank:

$120 like 65 litres i think

i got 600 on my first tank on the highways mainly

450 around town lil highway bit of stop and start and giving it a bit

Car:

1994 R33 GTS4 rb25de+T

hypgear tr43 turbo, nismo 740 injectors, walbro fuel pump, z32, powerfc + commander, momo exhaust, gutted cat, xforce dump, 50kg worth of 2 amps, sub, customised boot...

check my sig for the rest...

Gas of Choice:

Shell V-Power - although with a gutted cat and a white car the carbon monoxide makes the back of my car look yellow in about 10 days.

$ Per Tank:

$80-90, normally closer to 80 because I don't let the fuel light come on.

Normal driving : 420-440...(which still leaves about 12 litres in the tank when I go to fill up)

Fun driving: 350-390...(still leaves about 10 litres in the tank)

Other Comments:

Regularly service the car.. 5,000 on the dot with motul 10W-40..

My normal driving tends to include about 5-10 squirts during the week...

before the bigger pump, injectors, turbo, and afm I used to get 500km every week :) was great:D

Car:

1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR

Twin air pods, aftermarket Down and Front Pipes and high flow cat.

Gas of Choice:

BP Ulitmate RON98

$ Per Tank:

$60 - $89 on current prices usually try to fuel up on cheapo Tuesdays ranges from 145-150 per L

I usually fill up when the tank is half full = 250km or just over 1/4 of fuel left on the gauge.

250 km to about 350km per week, depending on where I drive.

I'll Go First

Car:

1995 R33 GTS-T S1.5 Spec-M, custom exhaust, high flow cat, intercooler, pod, basic shiz

Gas of Choice:

BP Premium 95

$ Per Tank:

about 70 bucks a tank, once a week

400~, mainly on freeway peak hour traffic, some light driving on weekends

Other Comments:

for those using v power and ultimate, be careful they have ethonol in the fuel and its not good for the engines, i recomend mobile 8000 for high qual fuel as it has no ethonol in it,.....yet

Other Comments:

for those using v power and ultimate, be careful they have ethonol in the fuel and its not good for the engines, i recomend mobile 8000 for high qual fuel as it has no ethonol in it,.....yet

V-Power has ethanol???

I don't use gas (filthy American)

Petrol used, any 98 ron

Car 1995 gtst man

Mech Mods: pfc (tuned), full zorst-split dump, high flowed snail,r34smic ect

227rwkw

Consumption: 10ltrs per 100 klm mixed driving every day and night.

Apparently it's all in the tune :D

Car:

1996 nissan skyline R33 GTS25T S2

Fuel:

$80 to fill up

and i use regular unleaded costs to much to go premium

Kilometer:

i get between 450 and 500 Km

Other:

i do drive with a bit of a lead foot :rofl: