Show Me Your Race Car Trailers

Neil

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you got a link or contact details Snowy? My trailer is going to seriously struggle with the Radical and this could be an immediate solution.

+1.. going to have to do a bit of trailer work over the coming weeks and that looks like a very nice solution.

Do they have a winch on them?

There is a guy in Melbourne that has just imported a bunch of trailers from Germany specifically to suit race cars (although they don't have a wheel rack) that are available to rent at rates cheaper than your normal crappy petrol station ones.

Twin axle tilting style that go down to 3degs angle (if you use the extensions) and are super light. I'm using one for Targa this year and won't bother trying to buy one now since the rental rates are that bloody good.

There's a vid he's done to show how easy they are to use.

I'll put some pics up of my car as well once its on with the proper wheel straps and everything. Its a very cool set-up.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bqcOLrpwwsA

his stealing that lambo in the vid aye??

haha nice trailer

Taking it to Tassie. There's 3 of us I know of that are using them in Tassie (the guy has 6 available to rent out at any one time)

Very nice i might grab a look at it and get some ideas for mine. We are leaving ours in Melb and driving the car over.

+1.. going to have to do a bit of trailer work over the coming weeks and that looks like a very nice solution.

Do they have a winch on them?

Yep - they have a winch. They also can jack up the rear set of wheels so you can tow empty on just 2 wheels and the total weight of the trailer is under 400kgs so you can move the things around empty with one hand!

It's eventually going to go under the name PMC (Precious Metal Carriers) - but for now give the guy a call on 0418 373 938 (Matt Close) and let him know I pointed you in his direction and he will look after you. Matt is obviously a Targa competitor so any of you guys coming over can chat to him directly there if you are interested.

Funky, you will find that with a car like the radical, that an enclosed trailer is much more suitable than an open one.

Definitely, but unfortunately they're out of the budget at the moment! An encloseed Nevco would be great, but 20k I don't have 20k burning a hole in my back pocket. So I'll use an open trailer for now and avoid leaving it out overnight, and cover up the intake and cockpit when towing.

How is your car coming along? Have you purchased an enclosed trailer for it?

An enclosed trailer is the only way to go mr phunky, ive been looking at them on ebay for about a year now. Been a couple of decent 1's but just been reluctant to hand over the cash! (about 8-12k)

I'm not convinced with enclosed trailers. Giant had one (sold it), by the time it was loaded, it was just too bloody heavy, compounded by drag. The flat bum on them really creates some suction. They do make you look like King of the Kids though :P

I do however have plans (plans :)) to add to my open trailer, just a tyre rack and a roll out awning on one side, and removable canvas toward the front for stone protection.

does anyone recomend a place to grab a decent tarp to convert my open trailer to semi enclosed

all i need is two extra poles then put the cover over and it will just protec the bucket till i need to use it again( shove it down the side of the house out of site)

I'm not convinced with enclosed trailers. Giant had one (sold it), by the time it was loaded, it was just too bloody heavy, compounded by drag. The flat bum on them really creates some suction. They do make you look like King of the Kids though :P

I do however have plans (plans :)) to add to my open trailer, just a tyre rack and a roll out awning on one side, and removable canvas toward the front for stone protection.

yeah but russ's was like a farken rolling taj mahal. it had fridge, telly, and was bloody heavy to start with. then add the 32 or 34 and no wonder it pulled the arse off the navara! for little cars like the radical you just need a normal basic trailer with some thin sheel metal to protect the front then canvas for the rest. not a full on rolling palace like russ's. shit the back door a lone was so bloody heavy it needed a winch to lift it closed!!!

other option is pantec. actually, funky, buy my bloody atlas truck. you could fit a radical in that no worries and it seats 3 people. runs on diesel, can carry 2 ton payload, has aircon, and can drive it on a car licence. then you have tow car AND trailer AND storage all sorted in one hit!!! I'll do it bloody cheap too as I'm sick of rego'ing the thing only to lend it out to my bludger mates. It'll be cheaper than just an enclosed nevco on it's own...

Yeah, as per farkin usual, you're right Baron. It was a heavy broad minded person of a thing. But regardless, even the aero on a large one leaves a lot to be desired, weight has little to do with it once rolling.

Certainly though, a low profile light enclosed one is the gun for a radical or similar, or cut the top half of the Atlas pantec off and she'd look sporty AND have better aero! :)

lol, agree the aero is just as big (bigger?) a problem as the weight. That thing was a bloody awesome trailer but everything on it was mil spec and weighed shitloads. I mean it even hard a full size house style split system air conditioner FFS!! it was made to be towed behind a F150 etc or some kind kind of road train I reckon. it would have been more viable with a goose neck and a supercharged dodge ram to two with, except then you'd need another trailer to carry your fuel drums or some kind of fuel drop system along the highways.